the lvl 60 epic longbow

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

the lvl 60 epic longbow

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Those of you hoping to pick up a Rhok’delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers might be happy to know that the issues which were preventing the completion of this quest should now be resolved. It’s a good idea to keep in mind that even though this item is related to a level 60 quest line, that only level 80 characters will be eligible to acquire the necessary materials from the Onyxia’s Lair encounter. The good news for level 60 characters is that Nefarian has finally decided to grow some Mature Black Dragon Sinew, so interested players can complete the quest by picking that item up from him in Blackwing Lair.
Thought this was neat.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/203 ... st-Removal
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: the lvl 60 epic longbow

Unread post by Sarayana »

That is definitely good news. Gives people a chance to finish up the quest, if they have it.

On the items: I did it a few months ago, and I got the blue sinew from Azuregos and the black sinew from one of those roaming black elite drakes in Eastern Badlands. First kill. It's well worth checking if that's still the case.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

OMG Yay!!!!! I have done MC about 20+ times, and not ever seen the leaf, not once!!!!! Only the priest one has ever dropped /shakesfist.

I'll have to keep at it and hope I get it in time now...

Edit **

Hang on, so does the leaf still drop now and being removed when cata hits? or has it already been removed? :(

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Spiritbinder wrote:Hang on, so does the leaf still drop now and being removed when cata hits? or has it already been removed? :(
It still drops. Dropped for me last night (but I've already done the quest, so no use to me). MC is completely hunter soloable now, though Golemagg is a looong fight, and Sulfuron Harbinger not much better (and as I mentioned elsewhere, Geddon is a pet-only fight).
Gungnir
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Crushridge

Unread post by Gungnir »

The last few days I have been so down because I recently got my leaf last week (never dropped for me just like Spiritbinder said) and have both sinews. After turning in the leaf and no follow up quest, my heart really sank. Yesterday I submitted a second ticket asking if there was anything blizzard could do, and logged out at the ancient tree questgiver. The next day I log back in to find ! and ? above their heads!

Thank you blizzard for listening to your hunters and letting them know you care even if it is the insignificant outdated content we like to do :D

Blizz really brought me a lot of faith back to the game by doing this. And the change to Nefarion is hilarious btw. Nice work Blizz
Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Unread post by Ikult »

This is truly odd to hear..

I picked up the Leaf about a week ago in MC, and accepted the quest to turn it in to the Ancients. However, when I got up to him, there was a big "?" on my minimap, but I could not talk to him.

I put in a GM ticket, and waited about a week for a response.. He told me the quest is now taken out of the game, and I'm SOL.

So what gives?? :(
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Try for a different GM.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Anyia »

Ikult wrote:I picked up the Leaf about a week ago in MC, and accepted the quest to turn it in to the Ancients. However, when I got up to him, there was a big "?" on my minimap, but I could not talk to him.
Make sure you're standing right in the middle of the hill with the ancients around you, or you won't be able to interact. You essentially mini-phase into the past by walking onto that hill when on the quest.
Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Unread post by Ikult »

I'll go off to try that right now.. We'll see..

EDIT: IT WORKED!!! I got on top of the hill, and the three treants suddenly appeared. I hadn't realized or read that it was a phasing type of quest.

OH JOY OH BLISS OH UNSPEAKABLE HAPPINESS!!

I know what I'm doing the rest of the day!! SQUEEEE! You've made Ikult one very, very happy huntress. *runs off to grind dragons*
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Anyia »

Yay, glad to hear it worked for you!

It had me quite confused back when I did it, and before the days of wowhead and thottbot comments to help you, the "it's a big world; good luck" text on the quest wouldn't have given me much confidence I was in the right place even though I almost was! Good luck with the dragons!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Anyia wrote:
Spiritbinder wrote:Hang on, so does the leaf still drop now and being removed when cata hits? or has it already been removed? :(

It still drops. Dropped for me last night (but I've already done the quest, so no use to me). MC is completely hunter soloable now, though Golemagg is a looong fight, and Sulfuron Harbinger not much better (and as I mentioned elsewhere, Geddon is a pet-only fight).

Thanks so much to everyone in here for help and epecially you Anyia. I was always way to scared to do MC by myself, but tried last night. I did really well (well according to me :lol:) and got all the way up to Golemagg without much problem at all, that one however, broke me :? .

I did learn after a few to keep at max range (nasty little pyroblast) and to have my pet not atually "tank" Golemagg but aoe it instead beause of the evil debuff. I just found that Golemagg's aggro kept resetting all the time and my FD was on cooldown allot, I just managed to pull it all the time even with MD and the likes. Anyways, I'll give it another go before reset tomorrow. Maybe I'll offer candy to my friends in the hopes of luring them in to help on the last few ^^

I am hopeful now that even if people dont want to come I can do most of it now and get my elusive leaf :D

Here's hoping!

­
­
­
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Anyia »

Spiritbinder wrote:I just found that Golemagg's aggro kept resetting all the time and my FD was on cooldown allot, I just managed to pull it all the time even with MD and the likes.
You'll find the misdirection glyph helpful in that case - it means you can keep MD up always. On Golemagg I was focusing my fire on one of the dogs (for T5 healing), and only used the odd multi-shot here and there when I had focus, and always with MD up. Golemagg is all about control as a hunter. Once you get yourself and your pet positioned, you can just slowly wear him down without jeopardizing yourself. Thunder+burrow with the occasional multi worked fine, even if it took a long time. I had a guildie who'd volunteered to come help me clear it, but I really wanted to see if I could do it on my own. Good luck, and glad I could be of use! :)
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Anyia wrote:
Spiritbinder wrote:I just found that Golemagg's aggro kept resetting all the time and my FD was on cooldown allot, I just managed to pull it all the time even with MD and the likes.
You'll find the misdirection glyph helpful in that case - it means you can keep MD up always. On Golemagg I was focusing my fire on one of the dogs (for T5 healing), and only used the odd multi-shot here and there when I had focus, and always with MD up. Golemagg is all about control as a hunter. Once you get yourself and your pet positioned, you can just slowly wear him down without jeopardizing yourself. Thunder+burrow with the occasional multi worked fine, even if it took a long time. I had a guildie who'd volunteered to come help me clear it, but I really wanted to see if I could do it on my own. Good luck, and glad I could be of use! :)

I was dpsing the dogs to try and keep up the heals with the T5, thats for sure, but I didnt realise I shouldn't be really hitting Gole at all. So I just let it take most of it's damage from the pet's aoe, I see . I also see thats why you said it was a long fight, that would take a while >.<

I am a little embarassed as I did go in a little under prepared. I do not have MD glyph yet, so Thats may help out alot next time ^^

­
­
­
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

With the MD glyph in mind I've been thinking maybe a marco string to make sure I have everything covered. I was thinking somthing like,

[Misdirect][Mend.Pet ][Arcane.S ][Steady.S-------][Misdirect][[Arcane.S ][Arcane.S ][Steady.S-------]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[---1sec---][---2sec---][---3sec---][---4sec---][---5sec---][---6sec---][---7sec---][---8sec---][---9sec---]

Rinse and repeat... This would be all on Gole and would making sure that you can bring him down faster and nearly all of the damage is midirected. I am guessing that I would Fd on cooldown so the threat would hopfully not comeback to me, and I would have to make sure on a dummy that I would not focus starve myself to much. Anyways, when I'm at work all I can do somtimes is think of ways to do it better and try them out when I get home :lol:

­
­
­
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Anyia »

I didn't really have much of a plan for anything when I went in there, so I ended up playing it as safe as I could for Golemagg after a couple of close calls with the aggro table. Even with the MD glyph you have to keep in mind that the threat is no longer permanently transferred - it dissipates over time, so paying attention to the aggro is still a Good Thing. :)

I'm interested in hearing how your planned macro works out though - I wouldn't mind a shorter fight next time I'm in there! It might also be possible to throw in a /cast [@playertarget] Growl in that sequence to help keep the pet aggro high on Golemagg without needing to have the pet actually hit him.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Anyia wrote:I didn't really have much of a plan for anything when I went in there.

Yeah, I kind of get nervous and over think things when I'm new to it. You never can be to careful :)
Anyia wrote: It might also be possible to throw in a /cast [@playertarget] Growl in that sequence to help keep the pet aggro high on Golemagg without needing to have the pet actually hit him.

Oh I didn't even think of that, Genius!

­
­
­
Vorel
Realm: Aggramar

Unread post by Vorel »

Firstly a warm hello to all the community.

Last night i was browsing the forums here at Petopia and came along that the Quests for Rhok'Delar,Lok'Delar and the Ancient Sinew Wrapped Lamina are available again.
Since i had looted the Ancient Petrified Leaf and handed it to the appropriate quest giver right after the 4.0.1 patch day,i was unable to see the rest of the Quest chains.Back then i had a small chat with a GM in game that had told me that rest of quests were removed from the game,i was able to loot and hand the leaf but that was all.
You can imagine my joy when i learned that the quests are back.So i rushed at Felwood and went straight to quest givers.In my surprise i was able to pick up all three quests,did the two quests (am happily carry both Bow and Staff at my bags),but now am facing a major problem.I am after the third one (the one for the quiver) and so far i am unable to find the Mature Blue Dragon Sinew.So far am over 6 hours farming the Blue Dragonkins at Winterspring but not managed to find it.I came here to ask if anyone else is on this quest (which as reward seems to offer a bag now,which i found it pity since i want to see a quiver on my Huntress back not another big bag at my iventory) and successfully looted the quest item.I mean is still drops from mobs there (Winterspring) or i have to farm Azuregos and/or watch Auction House if any sinew appears?
Thanks in advance for any reply,Vorel.

Where many see wild beasts as enemies to be destroyed,I see valuable allies who have simply lost their way...

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

You don't have to farm Azuregos. At least he's dropped it every time I've killed him... But yes, it does still drop from those in Winterspring. It's a crummy drop rate though. Azuregos is easily soloable, he hits like a sissy, so you just have to watch your own health. I'd definitely check if he's up before heading back to Winterspring.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Anyia wrote: I'm interested in hearing how your planned macro works out though - I wouldn't mind a shorter fight next time I'm in there!

Well here goes, Things to do, and things NOT to do....

Mr'Macro

[Misdirect][Mend.Pet ][Arcane.S ][Steady.S-------][Misdirect][[Arcane.S ][Arcane.S ][Steady.S-------]

The macro string worked well apart from The Misdirect, which I just left out and manually did after each Steady. I also doubled the length of the string and added a Serpent sting at the end on the 1st one and a Focus Fire on the second, similar to.

[Mend.Pet ][Arcane.S ][Steady.S-------][[Arcane.S ][Arcane.S ][Steady.S-------][Serpent Sting][Mend.Pet ][Arcane.S ][Steady.S-------][[Arcane.S ][Arcane.S ][Steady.S-------][Foucs.Fire]

I tried it on the dummy and it worked rather well just making sure to manually click MD after the steadies, which were easy enough to spot.

So off I went all full of confidence to MC to do my thing. So send in pet, let it get of a growl and a thunderstomp on them, then start up the MacroooooOOh WTH how did I get aggro off the other puppy? I didn't even touch it, oh, crap, heal the pet oh oh the macros falling apart!!! EEEKKK!!! the big guys coming ruuunnn!!!! SPAT!

Ok, that was weird, try again... "** insert more aggro, screaming, running and flailing, doing over, and over, and over. I'll save you the read of me trying multiple strats, there was just something not right....

For some reason, The thunderstomp on my croc was not hitting the others? it was not generating any aggro apart from the dog it was on. The macro worked fine (I found if you just keep up the MD chains it was amazing, but if you let it slip off, OMG that's funny to see you get an insta 200k threat. ) I tired getting the pet to attack them all a little bit 1st, which worked but screwed up positioning. I was just not a happy panda.

I got so frustrated with the aggro thing that I decided that I'd had enough, I hearthed out, ran around and found me a bear, tamed the bugger and flew back to MC in the hopes that the Demo Roar would generate enough aggro to hold them all on it better. And it worked, OMG thank elune! But now I had a new problem... The pyros!

The worst one was that I actually got it down to like 2% and I died due to it taking so long and those nasty little pyros... I tired to out range them, I even used the Giant stalker bonus for the heals, but still no luck....
..so back to the interwebs to see what I was doing wrong.

Son of a (BADWORDS!)
Apparently things have changes in 4.01 and one cannot "outrange" the Pyroblasts now. Well that's good to know now, after using them on my face like a pinata for the last hour. The strat now was just a straight up burn the boss, take the debuffs with your pet, burn hard, and take him down... Really?.... that's it? Well I had tried everything else for the last 2 hours -_- .. why not.

Bear and strat in hand, I took to Gole like a Moth to the flame.. kept the mend pets on him...

AND HE JUST ROLLED OVER AND DIED!!!!!! It was so easy I nearly cried.

Well the story had a happy ending, well up until I killed the next/last guy and he gave me another priests eye, Oh... My... God... but really, you do not want me repeating what I said at the time.

Anyway, moral of the story, So the new strat for Gole is as follows.

Kick him in the boulders (not the puppies), kick hard, kick fast, and keep kicking until he remembers, NO means NO!

­
­
­
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Anyia »

Spiritbinder wrote: Apparently things have changes in 4.01 and one cannot "outrange" the Pyroblasts now.
Not true, I outranged them when I did it this reset window.
It's 40 yards though, so outside of regular shooting range too. I got my multi-shot to hit him by aiming at the dog that was between him and me... :)
Spiritbinder wrote:Bear and strat in hand, I took to Gole like a Moth to the flame.. kept the mend pets on him...

AND HE JUST ROLLED OVER AND DIED!!!!!! It was so easy I nearly cried.
Wow! That's mighty useful to know! When I tried that strat I failed so horribly horribly the headless horseman himself would've been horrified! Must try this next reset with more oomph!

Thanks for the narrative! :D