A fair question to all Hunters/Huntresses

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Mustafah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU

Re: A fair question to all Hunters/Huntresses

Unread post by Mustafah »

Jadesong wrote:
Mustafah wrote:I honestly didn't got reattached to my Hunter yet after the patch, went to play my warrior though.
Hunter is the only one I'm still attached to. If it wasn't for professions, I'd delete my pally and DK.
Yeah i see what do you mean, I just didnt really got attached to the focus thing, its nice, but not really my style, also the reason i dont play a rogue, and Warriors are finally returning to become good, cant wait to have Heroic Leap at lvl85 :P Sorry im a horrible hunter, I guess ill find soon a way to get reattached to him.

Lots of thanks for TygerDarkstorm for the awesome sig!! =D

Mustafah wrote:Playable Pandaren with racial camel mount!!!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Focus does not make us equal to rogues. =/ I'm sick of that arguement when we're completely different from rogues. No offense to you, I just see that baseless complaint a lot.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

We don't play like them, but we're VERY similar now. Our new resource exhausts extremely quickly, like theirs. The difference is we have attacks we can use anyway, and a way to replenish it (outside of thistle tea).

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Yeah, focus works *kind* of like energy, but because we can replenish it ourselves whenever we want, we have more options.

Hunters can't just mash buttons and do dps anymore! *gasp*

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Jadesong
Realm: Windrunner

Unread post by Jadesong »

Kalliope wrote:Yeah, focus works *kind* of like energy, but because we can replenish it ourselves whenever we want, we have more options.

I kinda disagree.. (at least for BM). Don't have Cobra yet, but even with live, it's really just a different rotation. I don't really see a difference. You are simply managing the resource in a different way.
Kalliope

Jadesong wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Yeah, focus works *kind* of like energy, but because we can replenish it ourselves whenever we want, we have more options.

I kinda disagree.. (at least for BM). Don't have Cobra yet, but even with live, it's really just a different rotation. I don't really see a difference. You are simply managing the resource in a different way.
That IS the difference. Before focus, hunters could just do whatever and not have to worry about anything due to having a much larger pool to perform actions from (mana). Now we really do have to think about what we're doing in order to stay on top of things.

YouTube Edition

Jadesong
Realm: Windrunner

Unread post by Jadesong »

Kalliope wrote:
Jadesong wrote:

That IS the difference. Before focus, hunters could just do whatever and not have to worry about anything due to having a much larger pool to perform actions from (mana). Now we really do have to think about what we're doing in order to stay on top of things.
Well, there IS a difference, but I don't see what the tears are about. Again, for BM.

If you make adjustments to your rotation, so your focus is going between 10% to 90% or so, our experience (at least as BM) isn't any different than it was before, in fact, it's better, because you don't go into a "low-power" mode.

Perhaps it's different for burst specs (and pvp?) but I've already forgotten about mana (and going into viper... uggh...)
Kalliope

*nods* It's very different for marks. You can't 1-2-3 someone with burst, then readiness and 1-2-3 them again for them to basically instantly die.

However.

That just cuts down our burst. We just have to be craftier with the overall picture.

(We're in agreement here, methinks; I love the new system too. :) )

YouTube Edition

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Kalliope wrote:(We're in agreement here, methinks; I love the new system too. :) )
Haha I was thinking this as I was reading your back-and-forth. "...but, but. They agree. What're they arguing over??" :P

And Jadesong, I was practically singing when I deleted my Viper/Dragonhawk macro, I was so happy to have it gone gone gone! :lol:

Mustafah, I think the main thing is that a lot of classes/specs changed significantly. Right now, you're finding the warrior to be the most interesting and fun to play, and there's absolutely no shame in that! Eventually, your hunter will wink at you on the character select screen and tell ya to give it a whirl, and you'll see that the changes aren't so bad at all. A different rotation, yes, but really not so different after all. :)

I'm going through the same with my shammy right now, only reason I've logged in on her since the patch was to run HH and do the world event quest chain in Stormwind. She's completely neglected because, well, I think she's rather boring right now. I know it won't last though. She'll have her day in the sun, even if it isn't until Cata launches. ;)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Sarayana wrote:
Kalliope wrote:(We're in agreement here, methinks; I love the new system too. :) )
Haha I was thinking this as I was reading your back-and-forth. "...but, but. They agree. What're they arguing over??" :P
Why does this happen so often? :lol: