Hnter PvP set

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Altheaus
Realm: Lightnings blade

Hnter PvP set

Unread post by Altheaus »

We get to be badass samuri!! I love it

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... hunter.jpg
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Hnter PvP set

Unread post by Vephriel »

Oh cool, that's actually a set I rather like. ^^ Shame I don't really PvP though. x)
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

YAY!

I shall be stylin' with my guildies. :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Altheaus

As far as I'm concerned thats both the pvp and pve sets that id be happy to be seen in lol
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I... Kinda' like it. But it has some serious flaws to me. For starters, it doesn't make sense to me for a ranger to destroy their depth perception with an eyepatch like that. Hell, no class would do that. Also, I'm sad to see the hoodies from our WOTLK PvP gear go away. I LOVED THOSE HOODIES! D:

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Hunter no need depth perception! It only complicates things!

Looks nice though.

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Apparently we are hunting turtles in PVP. (And do the booster rockets on the back give us a speed boost?)

The druid set would look hot on Veph if they make it in black, kinda a bat-girl look, LOL at the DK helm, and the warrior set reminds me of something, but I can't figure out what.

The eyepatch is fine if you are staring through a scope... :-)
Account has been closed at user's request.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

What the f... ???
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

I'm not convinced by those shoulders. They look like something dreamed up by a goblin who has been playing StarCraft and drinking ale...
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

... eh. :| I kinda like the "tone" but I agree with some of the negative comments here... Overall, I'm not impressed with the Cata sets so far. (Except mage pve, I so wish I could get that for my worglock!!!)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Hard to tell with the human model it's on, but I strongly suspect that I'll still have 'display helm' turned off on my Tauren hunter.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

It's kinda sad that our pvp set makes us look like Shredder from TMNT and that our pve set looks like we randomly picked up stuff out of a garbage can. I wish it was the other way around. :sad:
ImageImage
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

My issue is that it doesn't look "hunter"-ey, theme-wise. I liked the horns, fur etc on the relentless/wrathful sets, but wtf is this?

Seriously?

I HAS ANGRY FLASHLIGHT SHOULDARZ -PHEAR MEH-

I really don't know what idea they were going for here but it just seems so utterly random :lol:

I'd love to see a "hunter" theme, focusing on leather-wrapped parts around the chainmail, more leather stitching (they have some of that in this set, at least), camo colors (natural, drab greens, browns, khakis and black), horns/bones, amulets (there's a few chest pieces out there with what looks like bear-claw necklaces draped over them) etc.

But no. The designers apparently look at one another and say...

Dev 1: "Hmm, what comes to mind when we think of hunters? Nature, beasts, ranged weapons..."
Dev 2: "WAIT! STOP! I'VE GOT IT!"
Dev 1: *excited* "Ooh, what is it?"
Dev 2: "FIRE AND FLASHLIGHTS AND AN EYE PATCH LOL!"
Dev 1: "...."
Dev 2: "Yeah! I can see it now! Space-faring PIRATE KNIGHTS!"
Dev 1: "But... hunters..."
Dev 2: "Fine, I'll stitch it all together with leather. It'll be fine."

...and Shredder's mask, yeah. I mean seriously, look at the bottom version--the red one. Wtf is that on his chest? Oh, hunters come with a self-destruct button now?

Attachments
TommyLeeJones.png
TommyLeeJones.png (261.61 KiB) Viewed 9961 times
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Reminds me of a pirate..
Altheaus

its a Samurai look not pirate, heres my proof :P

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/samurai-archer.jpg

and it does not HAVE to look huntery guys.. as long as it fits in a theme.. in this case a Samurai archer theme. I still like it and I still like the T11 as well.. at least we stand out from the crowd with both sets!
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

I like it.
Much much better then the pve set.. that set.. is just wrong mmk.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Necrie
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Necrie »

For those complaining about the eye patch, keep in mind when aiming ranged weapons you close one eye. if you had both eyes open while trying to aim, you'd actually see two differing images of whatever you were using to aim, the shaft of the arrow, a gun's iron sights, etc.
There is a trick to do it with both eyes open, but its tricky, and takes a lot of practice. you basically have to train yourself to ignore the input from one of your eyes. This one is easiest to do with a scope due to the images your two eyes getting being so different.

But, as a whole, I like the look of this set. There are some minor issues that some have brought up, but compared to any of the arena gear we got in wrath, and before, imho it looks better :)

I think these links should work to take you straight to wowhead's model viewer....
Gladiator's Chain - reskinned T4. Arena Season 1, where it all began.
Merciless Gladiator's Chain - T5 reskin. Season 2.
Vengeful Gladiator's Chain - T6 Reskin. Season 3.
Brutal Gladiator's Chain - T6.5 equivilent PVP set, Patch 2.4. First Semi-unique skin for Arena Gear. Blizzard's first attempt to get us to accept the same model armor across multiple classes. Also shared it's model with drops in Sunwell. Season 4.
Savage Gladiator's Chain - Entry level 80 Blue PVP gear, originally purchasable with just honor or badges, no rating required.
Hateful Gladiator's Chain - Shared a model with Savage. Only difference was color. Entry level Purple PVP Arena Gear for Season 5.
Deadly Gladiator's Chain - Yet another model copy palate swap. Top of the line Arena Gear for the first WotLK Arena Season, Season 5.
Furious Gladiator's Chain - Slightly different model from the previous season (Season 5), but still quite similar looking.
Relentless Gladiator's chain - Season 7 top of the line arena armor.
Wrathful Gladiator's Chain - Arena Season 8 top of the line, terrible looking helm imho.

So, yea... honestly, I think I can safely say that this upcoming season has the best looking original hunter PVP gear yet :) I still have a soft sopt in my heart for the T5 reskin set, though I can't remember for sure, I don't think the Arena reskin had the particle effects. Hope this info is helpful :D

Edit: Is it wrong that I like the look of our upcoming PvP gear over our PvE Tier gear ? lol
Knobhead
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: EU-Jaedenar

Unread post by Knobhead »

This actually looks badass on a female gobbo, and even though I don't PvP much at all, I'll be sure to get me this set when Cataclysm goes live.
Splinta
Realm: KJ

Unread post by Splinta »

i love this set :o, i was disappointed with the fish helmet pve set but this makes up for it.

I do agree that blizz has taken the wrong turn with sets by trying to make them look original and popular, I'd much rather see something that is part of the class lore...I.e incorporating a gilly suit look into hunter gear. I mean hunters shouldn't be running around with two massive shoulder protectors on we can leave that for warriors...kinda gives us away, we should be more camouflaged.
Necrie
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Necrie »

Splinta wrote: I mean hunters shouldn't be running around with two massive shoulder protectors on we can leave that for warriors...kinda gives us away, we should be more camouflaged.
I always found it ironic, and wondered how in the hell my Female NElf hunter was aiming her bow when I had those massive things on her shoulders in the way, lol.