pre-Cata blues...

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

pre-Cata blues...

Unread post by Slickrock »

Well, it's simply that there is nothing to do.. I have enough gold farmed that I don't need any more. I've ground honor to get any needed gear that I can get for Naak, and tamed and leveled most of the pets that I want on live.

No beta key, and nothing terribly interesting to do on the PTR.

6 more weeks of nothing to do.. sigh....
Account has been closed at user's request.
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Re: pre-Cata blues...

Unread post by Anyia »

6 weeks of making sure you see all of the old world before it is cataclysmically altered? 6 weeks of more and more elemental unrest before all hell breaks loose? 6 weeks of sitting quietly at Pagle's Point fishing undisturbed?
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Have you worked out how to fill all your stable slots come Cataclysm, and grabbed the pets that are live right now?

(I still haven't. It's on 'the list'.)
Slickrock

6 weekends to attempt to win the fishing tourney I guess..

Already did the 4-rift achievement on Slick.. :-)

6 weeks to catch up on Bleach with my wife before I get sucked away into the Maelestrom... :-)
Slickrock

Mania wrote:Have you worked out how to fill all your stable slots come Cataclysm, and grabbed the pets that are live right now?

(I still haven't. It's on 'the list'.)
On Slick I think I have everything. The rest are Cata models (or available in Cata). Naak could use some work, but she's mainly PVP, so 25 slots.. eh....

Here's Slick's 25.. I do have everything I can.. (and with the way Wain keeps finding new ones... :-)

It's amazing that we are getting so many new pets and skins, 25 slots is gonna be tiny.
Attachments
file.jpg
file.jpg (96.63 KiB) Viewed 6456 times
Slickrock

suppose I could pvp a bit more for the 264 weap for Naak.. still need the melee weap.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

try farming rare mounts.... or perhaps, have you done Netherwing grind yet? or Kurenai/Mag'har? or Sha'tari Skyguard?

then theres the White Chicken mount in H MGT, Raven Lord in H Seth, Barons mount in Baron (hehe thats what it used to be called simply "baron")

ZG mounts, tiger one is super easy to kill solo, just the 1% drop rate isnt the fun part.

GO FOR ZE MOUNTS!
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

I'm in a similar boat, but I think this is just the calm before the storm. Each week, they'll add something fun. Just pace yourself with doing other things and other games for a bit. If you get sucked into Dwarf Fortress, for example, and said game is your bag, you may be set till cata. :D

The biggest thing I'd add is - use this time as a break so that when you join in on "cata-day" you'll enjoy the game for the 3 solid months it takes to burn through the new content :D
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Unread post by Ikult »

Also, do remember, soon the new race/class combos will be out! They should be out before Cata's release, so if you're into Alts, it'll be alt heaven!

I cant wait for my little Forsaken Huntress <3 <3 <3 I've got gear and mini pets stocked up for her already :D