Gnomish X-Ray Scope

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Theaden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Trollbane US, Lightbringer US

Gnomish X-Ray Scope

Unread post by Theaden »

If you need at Lost Isle give me a PST me Theaden

Gnomish X-Ray Scope
2 sec cast
Tools:
Blacksmith Hammer, Gyromatic Micro-Adjustor
Reagents:
Hardened Elementium Bar (2), Dream Emerald (2)
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Re: Gnomish X-Ray Scope

Unread post by Royi »

what does this do? sounds intriguing
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Royi wrote:what does this do? sounds intriguing
http://cata.wowhead.com/item=59594

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Saturo wrote:
ahh boo i was hoping for it to be something to make all people appear in pink underwear
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Royi wrote:
Saturo wrote:
ahh boo i was hoping for it to be something to make all people appear in pink underwear
Making this clickable for the lazy (like myself, though I copied it to another tab as well): http://cata.wowhead.com/item=59594

This is kinda goofy. We're actually getting a scope with a proc, rather than a static stat! Weird.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Kalliope wrote:
Royi wrote:
Making this clickable for the lazy (like myself, though I copied it to another tab as well): http://cata.wowhead.com/item=59594

This is kinda goofy. We're actually getting a scope with a proc, rather than a static stat! Weird.
Blizz has said that they wanted to make all scopes use procs. I'm thinking they just haven't gotten around to updating the old ones yet.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Necrie
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Necrie »

Saturo wrote:Blizz has said that they wanted to make all scopes use procs. I'm thinking they just haven't gotten around to updating the old ones yet.
Yep ! Wasn't it said at one of the BlizzCon panels ? They were saying it was going to be a while (like, around 4.1 or later seemed to be implied) before we saw it too, so personally, I was pretty excited when I saw this item get changed. For those of you on Beta, is an 800 AP proc still decent at level 85 ? Is it comparable to enchants for melee weapons ?
Ruinate
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Ruinate »

I seen the attack power proc go up to 1k now.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Personally I really like it. Cannot wait to have it. 10 seconds though doesn't seem like enough time. But I'll take what I can get! :lol:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Procs are fun, but then I wish they had a little more flavor to it rather than another "AP Proc" , not all that original :|

I just hope they give some other scopes a little more diversity

Its the same story with the new trinkets as well, the raid melee trinket is flat Crit, plus a stacking, on use Strength buff that turns you into a blackwing dragonoid, freaking sexy! :shock:

Followed but the only relevant trinket for hunters with flat agi with crit proc, Whoaaaaa, sounds awesome... like... fun :roll:

I know that it's all a little early to consider gear yet, but still, melee really do get some cool ass proc buffs and I wanna be a dragonoid too dammit!

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I always liked procs that summoned a little someone to help you fight. Maybe those could be implemented in the future?

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

[Scope of Lost Arrows]
Chance on ranged attacks to summon a Lost Arrow to repeatedly stab your target for 5 seconds.
"It looks like these arrows got misplaced when ammo was removed from the game. Oops."
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Anyia wrote:[Scope of Lost Arrows]
Chance on ranged attacks to summon a Lost Arrow to repeatedly stab your target for 5 seconds.
"It looks like these arrows got misplaced when ammo was removed from the game. Oops."
:lol:
/Stabby Stabby Stabby Stab Stab Stab!
LOL, I approve!
Gimlion wrote:I always liked procs that summoned a little someone to help you fight. Maybe those could be implemented in the future?

This would be great ^
Maybe a chance to summon a snake, simmilar to what rumba was supposed to...?
I was so sad they went a took that out... :(

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Spiritbinder wrote:
Gimlion wrote:I always liked procs that summoned a little someone to help you fight. Maybe those could be implemented in the future?
This would be great ^
Maybe a chance to summon a snake, simmilar to what rumba was supposed to...?
I was so sad they went a took that out... :(
[/color]
Imagine if this could proc multiple times! Then you pop a snake trap! Ahahahaha!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

They don't call me the Aspect of Sseratus for nothing... But you didn't hear it from me. Seriously though, I love snakes... And a proc like that would make me uber happy. :D

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

Spiritbinder wrote:Procs are fun, but then I wish they had a little more flavor to it rather than another "AP Proc" , not all that original :|

I just hope they give some other scopes a little more diversity

Its the same story with the new trinkets as well, the raid melee trinket is flat Crit, plus a stacking, on use Strength buff that turns you into a blackwing dragonoid, freaking sexy! :shock:

Followed but the only relevant trinket for hunters with flat agi with crit proc, Whoaaaaa, sounds awesome... like... fun :roll:

I know that it's all a little early to consider gear yet, but still, melee really do get some cool ass proc buffs and I wanna be a dragonoid too dammit!
Draknoid? Thank god I'm rolling a warrior too! On the bright side I'm an alchemist. Alchemists are awesome.

Okay, random crap aside, we should turn into those dragonspawn - they look like they could shoot arrows, considering their magic abilities.

Nimizar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore - US

Unread post by Nimizar »

Necrie wrote:Yep ! Wasn't it said at one of the BlizzCon panels ? They were saying it was going to be a while (like, around 4.1 or later seemed to be implied) before we saw it too, so personally, I was pretty excited when I saw this item get changed. For those of you on Beta, is an 800 AP proc still decent at level 85 ? Is it comparable to enchants for melee weapons ?
One thing to keep in mind is that hunters will be stacking their scopes *on top* of the Agility enchant(s) on their melee weapons.

MMO-Champion have a handy list of new enchants. Note that currently, there is no viable dual wield enchant option for hunters - Mighty Agility (+130 Agi) is the only passive weapon enchant, and that is 2H only. Using 1H weapons would mean dropping back to +26 Agi x2, or (assuming you can use the hit rating) Accuracy x2.

Despite the advantage of stacking with passive melee enchants, the X-Ray Scope is fairly comparable to the Landslide melee enchant (+1000 AP proc).