Crystalline Tear of Loyalty ...whats the point?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Crystalline Tear of Loyalty ...whats the point?

Unread post by Redith »

Why would they make this item? Can someone explain what it does?
Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Re: Crystalline Tear of Loyalty ...whats the point?

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Its a way to deter others from killing a hunter's potential pet I guess...dunno how effective it'll be.
Last edited by Magnakilro on Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

It's just a flavor item. There's not really any need to look farther into it than that. Perhaps it will deter a few people, but overall it's most likely just a nod to hunters from Blizz.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Magnakilro wrote:Its a way to deter others from killing a hunter's potential pet I guess...dunno how effective it'll be.
Deter?...ts worth 25 gold. Thats weak. People would kill for that
Magnakilro

Well considering you could do 2 dailie and get around that much...whereas this item could take weeks to find...it might work to an extent.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

It seems like a nod to hunters to me. Especially since Blizz seems to be giving a lot of other 'nods' in a way...aren't a lot of these special tameable rares showing up REALLY hard to kill right now? It's like they're made specifically to be tamed, not ganked for an item to AH.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Magnakilro

Ghostcrawler immediately comes to mind lol.
Kryte
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Kryte »

Vephriel wrote:It's just a flavor item. There's not really any need to look farther into it than that. Perhaps it will deter a few people, but overall it's most likely just a nod to hunters from Blizz.
Pretty much this. Like the Broken I WIN Button. It doesn't DO anything, but it is an acknowledgment of people's gaming experiences.

And I agree that it won't really deter people from killing these rares. A lot of the time, people kill rares without knowing or caring what the loot table is. People swarm the Sewer Beast every time he spawns, and all he drops is a couple grey items worth perhaps a couple silver.
Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

Kryte wrote:
Vephriel wrote:It's just a flavor item. There's not really any need to look farther into it than that. Perhaps it will deter a few people, but overall it's most likely just a nod to hunters from Blizz.
Pretty much this. Like the Broken I WIN Button. It doesn't DO anything, but it is an acknowledgment of people's gaming experiences.

And I agree that it won't really deter people from killing these rares. A lot of the time, people kill rares without knowing or caring what the loot table is. People swarm the Sewer Beast every time he spawns, and all he drops is a couple grey items worth perhaps a couple silver.
This is true. I've managed to suppress the instincts for tameable rares, but I constantly find myself wanting to murder any silver dragoned mob I see.

Ikutai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Ikutai »

Raydex-of-the-dawn wrote:
Kryte wrote:

This is true. I've managed to suppress the instincts for tameable rares, but I constantly find myself wanting to murder any silver dragoned mob I see.
Sadly, that response is a programmed part of our WoW culture. Silver Dragons = Rares. Rares = Loot. Breaking people of the habit of auto-killing any Rare they come across will be difficult.

"The days are short, and are too soon over. The nights, for good or bad, can seem endless." - Neil Gaiman

Signature by the illustrious Saturo

"Steps 3 through 47: Profit!" - Steampunk of Nesingwary

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Once it becomes knowledge that these rare potential pets only drop 25 gold, perhaps there will be more /1 any hunters around? etc. I can see eventually hunters tipping 50g or so (kind of like how tips are expected for a mage port).

It will take time for the other non hunters to realize that several rares only will net them 25g.

Question, does anyone know what the non-tameable rares drop? Curious if those ones drop a blue item or something, I know the hard 5 man rares probably will drop high blues or perhaps lower level epics, but i'm just curious about the other rares.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Wajjldkaat
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Ragnaros

Unread post by Wajjldkaat »

Thats text almost make me cry ._.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I'm happy they're trying to prevent cool pet killings,but I'd rather it gave copper instead of gold.
Warfish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Maelstrom

Unread post by Warfish »

It's a cute flavor item. It's not a deterant.

25 gold is 25 gold you didn't have a second before. Thats no deterrant.

A sell-price of 1 copper, that might be a deterrant, but honestly....probably not. A drop only deters after you killed it and get the drop.

And WoW will always be filled with kids who will kill a tamable rare simply for the griefing value. Those folks don't care what it drops.

All part of teh game and the community, no sense gettign worked up about it I spose. I've done my fair share of griefing in other, more truly PvP, games.
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

Warfish wrote: 25 gold is 25 gold you didn't have a second before. Thats no deterrant.
Considering some hunters offer up to a thousand gold for someone to hold a rare for a few seconds for them, it may be. I'm almost ready to drop 15k for a Krush tame (I wouldn't, but it's hideously tempting).