Apect of the Wild...how useful?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Reinfel
Realm: Cenarian Circle

Apect of the Wild...how useful?

Unread post by Reinfel »

Just curious, will this be more useful in Cata? Has anyone had any experience using it in Beta? Ive always wonderd about this aspect. Im fairly new to being a hunter, IE I just hit 80, so I didnt play one back in Vanilla, BC or early WoTLK where this was useful at one point. I havent really seen much resist need period for a good while on my main in many encounters, so was wondering why this apsect was kept around and dragonhawk for example was removed which was more useful IMO. Enlighten me please!
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Re: Apect of the Wild...how useful?

Unread post by Redith »

I wonder that too. Hell aspect of the beast was more usefull then aspect of the wild. eh oh well, I dont use aspect of the wild at all
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

It was useful during fights with heavy nature damage, during vanilla. In vanilla, resistance was USEFUL.

They removed Dragonhawk because they didn't like slapping two such diverse effects together.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I dont use it...I dont think I've ever used it...I dont plan on using it...I dont know why they just dont make it a buff spell rather then an aspect.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

I used it in vanilla, mainly AQ40. I think maybe one fight in Wotlk. Although at the moment I can't remember what.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I used it mostly in vanilla. But since shaman totems overwrite it...
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

They removed dragonhawk because monkey no longer exists, so there was no longer a need for dragonhawk.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Yaone wrote:I used it in vanilla, mainly AQ40. I think maybe one fight in Wotlk. Although at the moment I can't remember what.
Somewhere in Naxx, right? I'm trying to remember, I definitely used it and I took a long raiding break on my hunter from mid-Ulduar to ICC.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I have actually used it quite often through out my raiding days. A lot of things are nature damage that one tends to forget about and it almost always helps your healers out. Even in ICC during the "stinky" puppy encounter I normally pop it on just to help out.

Anything that's lighting based or poison based is nature damage, which is a fair amount of raid bosses. ZA, Nax, Ulduar, TOC, ICC, they all have them. I know totems just over ride it, but I don't like to have to rely or annoy the shammies to swap totems around when I can do it so easily, and for no mana.

I'm sure without a doubt there will be other such nature damage fights in Cata, even if it is in 5 mans, and you will be the only one to help combat such damage. And by the looks of some of the damage in some of the heroic modes, any resists will help.

** Random Fact for the Day **

Did you know as hunters, our mend pet and revive pet are classified Nature Spells?

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Nakari
Realm: EU-Destromath

Unread post by Nakari »

Resistances are actually better in WotLK than they were in Vanilla, because the formula changed in such a way that it became a far more reliable form of magic damage reduction. There just wasn't a lot of (dangerous) nature damage around, so we didn't get to use Aspect of the Wild very much. Two boss fights on which our hunters were asked to use it in WotLK were Anub'arak in ToC and Professor Putricide in ICC (both on heroic) in their last phases, when they deal heavy nature damage to the whole raid.
Unggoy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Eredar

Unread post by Unggoy »

I used it on a few fights if shamans refused to drop totems pre-4.0. Such as PP, and maybe Rotface.
Naiaara
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Naiaara »

I haven't used the aspect in raids or whatnot, mostly because I honestly don't raid too often on my hunter because I'm usually healbotting, but I find the aspect useful when I'm soloing instances for profit or whatnot. With BM I don't have any problems with pet aggro, but in MM I always have issues pulling off my hydra or wormy so I use the aspect just to give my pets a bit more survivability.

erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Spiritbinder wrote:
Anything that's lighting based or poison based is nature damage, which is a fair amount of raid bosses. ZA, Nax, Ulduar, TOC, ICC, they all have them. I know totems just over ride it, but I don't like to have to rely or annoy the shammies to swap totems around when I can do it so easily, and for no mana.

We had two hunters swapping aspects in Ulduar back in the day (Steelbreaker HC anyone? Before people outgeared it of course). I'm hoping there will be more fights in cata that require the use of this aspect, as right now in wotlk it's pretty close to useless since people overgear pretty much everything.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I pop it on when I'm taming new pets :)
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

*squints at her aspect bar...wipes a thumb over the last button, clearing off the dust* Oh hey...it's green!
Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Unread post by Ikult »

There have been two specific instances when I've used Aspect of the Wild; and I've been playing since original Beta.

#1) PvP, when a Balance Druid was whacking me with Wrath.

#2) Sunken Temple instance. Especially when we weren't all L60, the Nature Resistance was extremely handy once you got to the dragon pit. I would keep Wild aspect on after the Troll minibosses to the end of the instance. Nature Resist also used to help you resist Sleep spells (does it still? I have no idea), which some of the caster dragons down there would do from time to time- and if they slept the Healer for 30secs, you were pretty much toast unless you had a dispeller.

I have never once used Aspect of the Wild in BC or Wrath. Extremely useless spell, even more so now with all-in-one Resist Totems and new Pally auras.
Reinfel
Realm: Cenarian Circle

Unread post by Reinfel »

I had typed and sent a reply yesterday, guess it didnt want to show up.

I guess I forgot about PvP aspect. Im still wondering though why this is in use. Like mentioned before, would it be better if it was a spell, perhaps even a pet buff? IE say a spider would grant the resist if it was out? Id much rather have a dodge aspect buff for soloing. Or like someo fo us are hoping, resist gear/spells become super useful again in Cata. Im just one of those people that when I see a spell that/buff that is little used, I get botherd by it. >_>
Nakari
Realm: EU-Destromath

Unread post by Nakari »

Ikult wrote: I have never once used Aspect of the Wild in BC or Wrath. Extremely useless spell, even more so now with all-in-one Resist Totems and new Pally auras.
The paladin aura doesn't increase nature resistance though (only fire, shadow and frost), and the shaman totem is a water totem, so you have to replace either Healing stream or Mana spring totem with it (better than pre 4.0 though, when it was an air totem, replacing either Windfury or Wrath of Air). A hunter looses only a bit of attack power by using Aspect of the Wild, not an entire raid buff.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

Wild had it uses in a few places back in vanilla, but for the most part its pretty pointless. As is beast. I never use either of them
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Kayb wrote:As is beast. I never use either of them
No one uses beast anymore cause it no longer exists. >_>

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!