Apect of the Wild...how useful?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Apect of the Wild...how useful?

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Nakari wrote:and the shaman totem is a water totem, so you have to replace either Healing stream or Mana spring totem with it
You can glyph Healing Stream to apply the shaman resistances on it.
ImageImage
Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Unread post by Ceravan »

I have found it useful on a semi regular basis, when doing heroic Halls of Stone and Halls of Lightning. Not everyone is overgeared for heroics, let alone raid content as a lot of people are leveling new characters before cata hits, so it is helpful for those heroics as well as some of the other heroics (gundrak and ick in PoS come to mind for examples). It helps with the poisons and the lightning any boss or group of mobs throws your way, and that help can make a major difference with an undergeared healer in the group or some undergeared dps that tend to be squishy.

Revynn
Realm: Area 52

Unread post by Revynn »

Ceravan wrote:I have found it useful on a semi regular basis, when doing heroic Halls of Stone and Halls of Lightning. Not everyone is overgeared for heroics, let alone raid content as a lot of people are leveling new characters before cata hits, so it is helpful for those heroics as well as some of the other heroics (gundrak and ick in PoS come to mind for examples). It helps with the poisons and the lightning any boss or group of mobs throws your way, and that help can make a major difference with an undergeared healer in the group or some undergeared dps that tend to be squishy.
This.

I think we often mistake "useful" with "necessary". Even if a healer can heal through Loken's Lightning Nova doesn't mean that all the burden should be placed on them. This is doubly true for the LFD world where skill/gear may be lacking. I expect this to be even more true in Cataclysm when things like survivability and healer mana are so much more important.

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

I found Aspect of the Wild was quite useful yesterday, when I went to Serpentshrine Cavern with a PuG raid (one of the most fun boss battles I've ever played too -- playing Hot Potato with Tainted Cores was awesome!). Just that extra little bit of resistance against Vashj's lightning bolts and her adds' poisons i think saved a few people's butts.

It's a situational spell, yes. Will it be useful in every instance? Hell no. However, it is nice to have the option to use it, just for those sticky situations. I'm glad they didn't take that Aspect out.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Ellaran »

I always use it when fighting Loken, and in the Plague Quarter of ICC. It was also really useful when taming some pets (Nuramoc especially, with the way he preferred to sit back and lob poison at you). If I'm in an area that has a lot of Nature damage-dealing enemies I'll also pop it.

pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by pengupuff »

I use Aspect of the Wild on Professor Putricide sometimes to soften the blows of the green slimes, although it doesn't seem to make a huge difference either way.

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!