What are some of the best pets for MM hunters?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

What are some of the best pets for MM hunters?

Unread post by Iowawolf » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:08 pm

Decided to try MM and am wondering what some of your favorite pets are for the spec I read wolves are really good as are scalehides are there any others who can be added I tamed a horse and so far it seems to be doing ok where would those fall as far as being able to survive.

worgpower
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: What are some of the best pets for MM hunters?

Unread post by worgpower » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:33 am

I personally don’t play mm since it ruins the fun of playing a class that is specifically for ranged weapons and most of all, pets, but for PvP, I recommend wolves, spiders, crocolisks and Tallstriders due to having an extra slow, if you want to solo content or kill a really hard boss, definitely run scalehide or gorilla since they’re the tankiest, non exotic ferocity pets

Slapperfish
Petopia Artist
Realm: Kilrogg, Wyrmrest Accord

Re: What are some of the best pets for MM hunters?

Unread post by Slapperfish » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:21 pm

Scalehides are definitely the best solo pets for MM compared to Ferocity pets with a dodge ability like Coursers and Cats. Having a 50% overall damage reduction every minute compared to a 30% chance at dodging attacks every 1.5 minutes can make a big difference.

For dungeon/raid utility, you're likely better suited to using any pet with a Mortal Wounds ability in either the Ferocity or Tenacity tree, depending on if your group lacks a Heroism/Bloodlust/Time Warp or if you're dealing with group-wide damage and/or fixates. Pets with a slowing ability such as Wolves are redundant, as Concussive Shot has 100% uptime. However, you're more than likely going to be flying solo for the damage boost gained from Lone Wolf.

Kent, 120 Human Hunter & Jezpalimu, 120 Troll Hunter
"So many pets, so little tame..."