Tameability Check Request!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Slapperfish
Petopia Artist
Realm: Kilrogg, Wyrmrest Accord

Tameability Check Request!

Unread post by Slapperfish » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:50 am

Hey all! I'll just get straight to the point with this thread. I'm putting out a request to any Hunters reading this to see if the following beasts are tameable:
  • Speedy Horde Racer/Alliance Ex-Racer in the Ashran battleground: Wowhead says the latter is classified as a tameable mammoth, but every group I've been in as Horde doesn't complete enough events for the racers to spawn.
  • Chronal Anomaly in Caverns of Time and various BFA areas: Coming in a variety of transparent models such as green Devilsaurs a la King Krush, blue Draenor Raptors, and weirdly even geists and Sha minions, these require level 50 and 150 Zandalari/Kul Tiran Tailoring to access, with the ones located in the Caverns only accessible during the Synchronous Thread questline, and the rest having a chance to spawn from closing Time Rifts across Zandalar and Kul Tiras. I tried Party syncing on my Mage who had the quest with a hunter to see if they could check, but unfortunately it looks like they have to be on the quest to see the ones in the former location. I'm not sure if any hunters out there actually DO unironically have Tailoring, but I suppose now would be a great time to put it to use.
I'll probably add more to the list (or just make additional bumps to the thread) if I come across any worth checking.

Thanks!

~ Slapperfish >*)))>{

Kent, 120 Human Hunter & Jezpalimu, 120 Troll Hunter
"So many pets, so little tame..."

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Tameability Check Request!

Unread post by Valnaaros » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:37 am

I can already confirm that the racers cannot be tamed since neither can be attacked at any point.

The Chronal Anomaly is not listed as being tamable on Wowhead, so it won’t be tamable in-game. And if it were tamable, it would likely be made untamable since you can’t specifically make one model variant tamable and the rest not. Since the NPC can spawn as any of those models, you could then tame any of them if the NPC was flagged as tamable. :)