Taming Friendly NPCs - Research

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Taming Friendly NPCs - Research

Unread post by Vesania »

Let's find a way to tame friendly NPCs around Azeroth...and beyond! Post any suggestion to help the research and one day we may do it.

Edit: A method to tame friendly NPCs was found, but it got fixed in 2-3 days. Unless other methods are found, there is currently no working exploit to do such.
Last edited by Vesania on Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: Taming Friendly NPCs - Research

Unread post by Vesania »

Placeholder post.
Last edited by Vesania on Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:25 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Fangzzs
Realm: sargeras-US

Unread post by Fangzzs »

Nokhud item does not work, falls off after leaving the area. No friendly npcs in the area to tame.

EDIT

gnoll disguise does not work either. falls off and not hostile
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

Fangzzs wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:24 pm Nokhud item does not work, falls off after leaving the area. No friendly npcs in the area to tame.

EDIT

gnoll disguise does not work either. falls off and not hostile
Thanks for testing them! I was working on other spells but for now I found nothing that can be used. I'm gonna list those spells too later.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

When they fall off when you leave the zone, are you testing with warlock portal summons?
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

Dialga wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:50 pm When they fall off when you leave the zone, are you testing with warlock portal summons?
No, I don't have warlock friends but others are free to test or contact me to do so. I used summon from recruit a friend on zones where I can do such, sometimes, but its limited.
Dialga
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Dialga »

Vesania wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:58 pm
Dialga wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:50 pm When they fall off when you leave the zone, are you testing with warlock portal summons?
No, I don't have warlock friends but others are free to test or contact me to do so. I used summon from recruit a friend on zones where I can do such, sometimes, but its limited.
Sent you a friend request in PM's
Fangzzs
Realm: sargeras-US

Unread post by Fangzzs »

tried hearthing but did not try warlock summons
Cassady
Realm: Sargeras

Unread post by Cassady »

Maybe we could make a community in-game to test some of this stuff..?? <_<
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I agree with the community concept. This is kind of bordering on exploit territory, but at the same time it's simply making use of tools Blizzard has provided for us. This kind of stuff definitely needs an instant communication option so that we can actually test this stuff in an orderly and organized manner.

I did find one possible option, though it involves causing damage to everything around you. It requires a trinket that I can't quite get on my own, but from everything I read, it causes hostility. Definitely need a few people to try for it.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Which trinket are you talking about?
Goblinoid

Unread post by Goblinoid »

I'm down to help try it if you want. Just shoot me up on Discord if you wanna coordinate a group.

Stax#5428
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

This thread is treading a grey area and while I'll leave it up for now, please be careful about coming up with solutions that could be considered exploits. If found, they should be reported.

I realise the N'lyeth trick opened a can of worms for unintended tames, which has made it much harder to judge what Blizzard would consider as going too far, now.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Karasan
Realm: Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Karasan »

Cassady wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:00 am Maybe we could make a community in-game to test some of this stuff..?? <_<
The Rosepetal Ranch crew is full of hunters looking to tame and share exotic pets. You might recall us from the past when we were doing weekly events for hunters to get the sliver of N'zoth toy in order to tame the Ivory Cloud Serpent. I hope sharing the discord link to join the community is allowed https://discord.gg/G9eHbEXe we have a member at renown 20 with the dragons as they try to learn how to tame dragonkin.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Karasan wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:30 pm
Cassady wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:00 am Maybe we could make a community in-game to test some of this stuff..?? <_<
The Rosepetal Ranch crew is full of hunters looking to tame and share exotic pets. You might recall us from the past when we were doing weekly events for hunters to get the sliver of N'zoth toy in order to tame the Ivory Cloud Serpent. I hope sharing the discord link to join the community is allowed https://discord.gg/G9eHbEXe we have a member at renown 20 with the dragons as they try to learn how to tame dragonkin.
I recommend you guys to join, I’m the member that just learned how to tame them