ZA & ZG Return: New Pets (Spoilers & "How To" ZG Vid)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kaellan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Re: ZA & ZG Return: New Pets? (SPOILERS)

Unread post by Kaellan »

I know this is silly but what to ZA and ZG stand for? I've tried to get into Zulgrub (sp) and there isn't a portal to get in..in fact there is nothing in there.

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

erwil wrote: I hope it's the 125 mount reward or something similar, since there's two versions of it..

My thoughts EXACTLY. I'm hoping with every fiber of my being that it is this. Raid mounts didn't have faction specific colors, save for the ToGC ones. But those were different than the meta raid achieves, so who knows, but I very much want one.
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Kaellan wrote:I know this is silly but what to ZA and ZG stand for? I've tried to get into Zulgrub (sp) and there isn't a portal to get in..in fact there is nothing in there.
If you're doing this on live, there won't be. This is all PTR info. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Not sure if this counts, but ZG has pretty much every color of wasp, inculding huhuran.
Which makes me sad because I had one heck of a time taming her at 60 (was so fun though) and I liked that few people had her.
To correct you, no it doesn't. You have the BOSS WASP model. The ones in Zul'Gurub bar the untouchable Florawing Hive Queen are the drone model. The only thing they share is the colour.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

really hate that they are shrinking the boss wasp models, i'm sure mine annoys the heck out of the horde /snicker
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Here is some pictures of what the mount's will look like that are not going to be part of a WoW TCG reward. Savage Raptor and Amani Dragonhawk will be a reward from WoW TCG.

Image Image
Image Image
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I saw these this morning too... I'm going to be one of those whom actually don't "OMGFIREBIRDSOFAWESOME!"

If you have a look at MMO you can see the animations of the fire hawks... when a did, a little bit inside me died.

So now I'm about to RANT, if you don't want to read, tis fine, turn away now.

Why, why on earth did they take a potentially amazing skin of a these hawk, and stick it onto a $%^&ing protodrake!... I mean really?
Go have a look on MMO, it looks terrible, I't moves awkwardly and the amount of wing clipping underneath the ground it just absurd. So very very sad.

The Flameward Hippogryph, while very nice looking, the red burning tail, hooves, wings, etc. effects are just a blatant cut and paste off the blazing hippogryph...
For me it just cheapens it for all those whom purchased/found the blazing version. I know the new one is an armored version and the Flameward if a lot redder, but they are still both, red, fiery burning Hippogryph's none the less.

As for the Zulian Panther, well, color me unimpressed but it is awfully similar the a Nelfs starter cat... I understand it's an "unarmored" version, but compared to the last ZG tiger that was avalible, a real disappointment in all departments imo. :|

/End Rant

The Raptor however looks pretty good imo. The color matches that of the raptors that were in the original ZG really well and even the mini pet that was once avalible. That and there is really not that kind of color option for the horde either so it would stand out really well not matter what side of the fence you were from. :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

It is PTR after all so maybe thing can still change. After watching the video again I can't see this being final. The clipping is pretty bad and the wings don't look like they where made to walk on.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I like proto drakes ;_;
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I adore that red hippogryph (I'm very much against paying RL money to have cool mounts, pets, etc., and it's awesome to have one in-game that doesn't need to be paid for, and also happens to be prettier, in my opinion)! I'll likely never get it, stuck as I am with leveling alts madly, but I'll be happy to see it flying around.

BUT...I LOVE THAT RAPTOR!!!!!!!! I think I may even prefer it over the original Razzashi raptor, though that might be taking it a step too far. :D The colour is so lush and vibrant.

The birds are okay, but at the moment I don't seem to be able to visualise them properly, they look like a big, colourful mess. Seems like they'll be impressive though.

I am hoping that the cat mount is a placeholder still, as it's so underwhelming compared to the old Zulian tiger. I DO like that they've made it unarmoured however, and an orange tiger skin, without the armour would have been pretty cool, and would still kept the mount separate from the original version. But still, it's an extra mount, obtainable in-game, so I'm not going to complain any more. :D
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

It's early PTR, the odds of the hawk being put into game and onto a pre-made skeleton while they get it out there and get the kinks out are very high. MORE so given the clipping. Start panicing when the patch has a release date and nothing changes, not on the first build.

Personally for me with the Hippogryphs ones heavily desaturated to the point of dull with only the yellow bringing it any colour. Then you've got one on fire... They look different enough unlikely say the very very similar XTs which I'm sure garnered their own complaining so good enough for me!
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

I'm thinking the panther mount will change. Because right now, all it is is a carbon copy of the old Night Elf Reins of the Nightsaber - http://www.wowhead.com/item=12303 (This was one of the original "epic" mounts, before they introduced the armored ones and are no longer available unless you had one previously and never did the quest where you trade it in for an armored mount. The most common type of these mounts I seem to see still around are the white raptors.)

The firehawk-protodrake mess wouldn't bother me if there wasn't so much wing ground clipping. A little is going to happen but this is like, half of the wings. That and the "fire" animation of the wings just doesn't seem very "fire"-y to me. I dunno. I'll wait and see.

I like the hippogryph myself, but I've always wanted a blazing hippogryph and to me this seems a good enough substitution.

I can't get into PTR still because of the whole "trying to find beta servers" mess, so this seems to be the only 2 cents I can add right now.

Hesantia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: The Maelstrom

Unread post by Hesantia »

Right now, I'm pretty disappointed in both the ZG mounts. The black (which should be a placeholder) is very dull, and the red raptor will never look good on my draenei :( I farmed and farmed, but never got the old ones, and now I'm very sad. The old colours would look better on her, and since I love tigers IRL I wanted that one so much aswell.. Guess I'll have to be happy with my pet tiger.

Sig by me ^^

Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage - A, Thrall - H

Unread post by Kormai »

In case people are interested: talk to Landro Longshot in Booty Bay on the PTR and you can get an Amani Dragonhawk, Fools Gold and Nightstalker (?) Cub without a code. They are the TCG stuff but you can test it!

Thrall | Kormai - 100 Blood Elf Hunter | Kari - 100 Undead Hunter | Sintharia - 100 Blood Elf Warlock | Rhoxi - 100 Goblin Mage
Stormrage | Kormai - 100 Draenei Hunter | Kari - 6 Worgen Hunter
...and so many other alts!
Celi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Oceanic

Unread post by Celi »

Those hawks are just so very gaudy. Yuck. The griff looks great in comparison.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Hesantia wrote:I farmed and farmed, but never got the old ones, and now I'm very sad.
Ditto :( Eeeevery raid lockout; I really liked the tiger after the armor lighting changed too. I've got a friend who said something like, "they were there for long enough, I'm glad they're gone now"--well, bud, you got them both lol. RNG is so damn frustrating...

I don't dislike the panther mount but it's not the same. An unarmored tiger would have been WIN. The raptor looks good imo. The firehawks I haven't seen animated yet, but I had suspected they were on the Proto-drake skeleton, and they both look good in pictures at least. I LOVE that hippogryph, and I don't at all like the dull Blazing one--I think this one looks much better.
Hesantia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: The Maelstrom

Unread post by Hesantia »

Acherontia wrote:
Hesantia wrote:I farmed and farmed, but never got the old ones, and now I'm very sad.
Ditto :( Eeeevery raid lockout; I really liked the tiger after the armor lighting changed too. I've got a friend who said something like, "they were there for long enough, I'm glad they're gone now"--well, bud, you got them both lol. RNG is so damn frustrating...

Yup.. Well, to be honest it wasn't every lockout, but a good number of months anyway. My BF who actually lvl 60-raided ZG had never seen the mounts until he got the raptor the very first of our more regular lvl 80 attempts. Neither me or him has ever seen the tiger mount drop. And just a little thing for the people thinking the way your friend does: My BFs friend and brother has also farmed every lockout of Kara, and NEVER even seen the horse drop once. My BF farmed Baron over 100 times, and not seen a single drop.

Yes, there are "shoulds", but that doesn't mean that you will get the mounts eventually just because you farm for them. You have to have a large amount of "luck" aswell... :(

Sig by me ^^

Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Aye it's frustrating the amount of people punished because RNG said no. My spec preventing me solo farming, I HAD to have help and despite every lockout for a good amount of time and sprodiac bursts, never saw either. Same for Baron, een trying since 2005 and nothing.

Still annoys me Ryai went in the one by herself and the Tiger dropped, sigh.

-

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Me and my guild boss farmed ZG everyday we could. I got the raptor on cow and when the tiger droped I did not roll for it as I thougt I'd be nice and let her get a mount seeing as I had the raptor. Now we both have a mount each other wants XD where so greedy!