Lions - Which to Choose?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Phyress
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel

Lions - Which to Choose?

Unread post by Phyress »

Hello everyone. I decided to start a new hunter to collect cats on, specifically named cats (such as The Rake instead of a Savannah Highmane).

When I got level 19, I decided to take a trip to the barrens to tame Humar. I didn't actually expect him to be there, since it was Saturday afternoon, but as I ran up to the tree a spotted a pretty black lion, sleeping in the shade, waiting for me. A few seconds later, he was mine. As I was running back to Ratchet, admiring my new kitty, I realized I had forgotten all about Echeyakee. So, I logged on one of my horde alts, summoned him, and tamed him on my new hunter. It was then I noticed Echeyakee, like Humar, is a very pretty kitty-cat.

I ran around with a bit with both of them, seeing who I was more attached to. It turns out, after 30 minutes of running aimlessly around Darnassus, I really like both cats. Because I have only two active pet slots currently and find myself extremely attached to my starting cat, I can only pick one of my new kitties to travel with me.

So, I could really use some help deciding. Here are my new kitties:
Echeyakee
Echeyakee
WoWScrnShot_022611_181904.jpg (102.22 KiB) Viewed 3147 times
Humar
Humar
WoWScrnShot_022611_181803.jpg (101.94 KiB) Viewed 3147 times
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Lions - Which to Choose?

Unread post by Lupis »

Hmmmm.
Hard choice... I'd say Echeyakee, though. Whereas Humar doesn't have any colors that really match your character, Echy has a bright white pelt that matches your glowing white eyes.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Ironale
Realm: Silvermoon

Unread post by Ironale »

The white lion is rarer than the Black one. Both have 2 mosb that use it. Except both the White lions are "summoned" by killing another mob or doing a quest, whereas the Black lions are just rare spawns
Socks
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: US-Eonar

Unread post by Socks »

I think Echeyakee has more of a 'click' with you, cant describe it.. its just there.. o_o

Ghostcrawler's Gifted: 8

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I like the contrast of Echayakee to your character more so than Humar's darker pelt.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Heh, I'm gonna disagree with everyone and say Humar. Echeyakee looks too bright next to you, your character is sort of dark in colouring, and Humar's charcoal colouring just seems to suit that. Echeyakee is just so bright next to you.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm gonna say the white one looks best.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

Sarayana wrote:Heh, I'm gonna disagree with everyone and say Humar. Echeyakee looks too bright next to you, your character is sort of dark in colouring, and Humar's charcoal colouring just seems to suit that. Echeyakee is just so bright next to you.

That's what I was thinking, But I'd say keep both of them too. Just so you can run with both as you feel like. I hate letting go of pets. :P
Last edited by Miyon on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Kaellan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Kaellan »

Are you going to put the other in your stable? It would be a shame not to keep the one not chosen.

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I always vote to keep both. I have both of those guys on my mid hunter Gypsi.

If you absolutely cannot keep them both I would say keep Eechy-as he is 'harder' for an Alliance toon to get. Humar you can always go back and get later on if you regret letting him go, Eechy would be a little bit harder.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Sarayana wrote:Heh, I'm gonna disagree with everyone
Me too!

I say, keep neither. I genuinely don't think either of them is particularly eye-catching with your elf--in fact, I think they both clash a bit : / I could totally see her with a big saber though... like the starter cat you love :P Or Shadowclaw, actually! Duskfang should be a dead-on match later in the game too I'd think, if you're going for the crazy-cat-lady theme! :D
Celi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Oceanic

Unread post by Celi »

I agree with Acherontia. To me, neither of them seem to fit you. Have you tried Duskstalker? I have a feeling he'd look better with you than those two.
Phyress
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Phyress »

Merlynshade wrote:I always vote to keep both. I have both of those guys on my mid hunter Gypsi.

If you absolutely cannot keep them both I would say keep Eechy-as he is 'harder' for an Alliance toon to get. Humar you can always go back and get later on if you regret letting him go, Eechy would be a little bit harder.
Kaellan wrote:Are you going to put the other in your stable? It would be a shame not to keep the one not chosen.

I plan on keeping both of them. I just can't take them both leveling with me currently because I only have 2 active pet slots. Once I get call pet 3 at level 42 I'll be taking both of them with me. ^^

It's just the decision of which to take with me until then that is hard. D=
Acherontia wrote:
Sarayana wrote:Heh, I'm gonna disagree with everyone
Me too!

I say, keep neither. I genuinely don't think either of them is particularly eye-catching with your elf--in fact, I think they both clash a bit : / I could totally see her with a big saber though... like the starter cat you love :P Or Shadowclaw, actually! Duskfang should be a dead-on match later in the game too I'd think, if you're going for the crazy-cat-lady theme! :D
Celi wrote:I agree with Acherontia. To me, neither of them seem to fit you. Have you tried Duskstalker? I have a feeling he'd look better with you than those two.

Yeah, sabers do look great with night elves. I actually already have Shadowclaw, he walked right into me while I was looking up his exact coordinates when I was level 13. I have Duskstalker too and definitely plan to get Duskfang once I get high enough.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Phyress wrote: I plan on keeping both of them. I just can't take them both leveling with me currently because I only have 2 active pet slots. Once I get call pet 3 at level 42 I'll be taking both of them with me. ^^

It's just the decision of which to take with me until then that is hard. D=

----

Yeah, sabers do look great with night elves. I actually already have Shadowclaw, he walked right into me while I was looking up his exact coordinates when I was level 13. I have Duskstalker too and definitely plan to get Duskfang once I get high enough.

Hmm then I vote trading them out every time you go to a major city then? Personally Gypsi ran with her Humar, Romany, the most while at a lower level, and your NE looks similar to my own did at those levels. The black cats go well with the darker hair colors to me.

However, that said, Duskstalker is a gorgeous cat, he seems to have a glow about him, so I really like him as well.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

White lion seems to look better to me; the color meshes with your huntress's colors better than the stark black lion.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

i generally tame rare/unique skinned pets. after running with Humar since lvl 23 (about 3yrs) i released him shortly after wotlk since his skin was no longer unique.

as a NE hunter myself, it seems Echeyakee is technically harder to get for ally. easier now since you can have both horde and ally chars on the same account/realm. and if you're on a PVP server, which i was at the time when i tamed my Echee.

both are great looking cats. since it'll be a while till 4.1, alternate them, you can lvl all 3 while questing.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Ive never been fond of alliance running around with lions and those i do see with em dont really appeal, except sambas but he only looks good next to humans with medium to dark skin and brown/red hair due to the colors matching lol... I think the saber cats (the RidingSkinBlackStriped and RidingSkinSpotted) would look really good for you if you want large cats by your side or if you dont like the kitty graphics. If your interested, you should go to the night elf ruins in northern darkshore and open up Cat Figurings for a CatSkinGhostSpotted (ghostsaber)-- if your interested in see-through pets

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Phyress
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Phyress »

Thank you all very much for the replies. I think I will be switching between the two as I level - especially when doing dungeons - like some of you have suggested. For now though, I will be taking Echeyakee since he needs to level up some. Humar leveled up while helping me with my skinning.

Xakaal wrote:Ive never been fond of alliance running around with lions and those i do see with em dont really appeal, except sambas but he only looks good next to humans with medium to dark skin and brown/red hair due to the colors matching lol... I think the saber cats (the RidingSkinBlackStriped and RidingSkinSpotted) would look really good for you if you want large cats by your side or if you dont like the kitty graphics. If your interested, you should go to the night elf ruins in northern darkshore and open up Cat Figurings for a CatSkinGhostSpotted (ghostsaber)-- if your interested in see-through pets
I actually thought about getting the ghost saber, but I've never been a huge fan of see-through pets. I like to think that when I give them a hug their body will be solid so i don't fall through, if that makes sense.
Griffley
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland - EU

Unread post by Griffley »

Dye your hairs white for eyachee and its all set