Beloved Common Models

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Re: Beloved Common Models

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Pretty much most of my favorites are common skins (non-rare and rare).
Phase hound aka Ghostly demon dog

The Rake. Although the Rake himself is a rare his skin is extremely common but I love him

Cursed offspring of Har'koa

Shy-Rotam I put him because now he's a commoner that used to be rare. I love him much.

Purple hyena. Commoners and a rare

Fully red windserpent. Commoners and a rare

Green old world raptor. Commoner and a rare

And last but most certainly not least
White old world worg. Timber!!!! Commoner and rares

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

As a side note Zed, Shy-Rotam was never rare herself; she's always been a quest mob. She shared the skin with Rak'Shiri, who is rare, and will be returning that way come 4.1. :)

On topic, I love many of the common skinned models and tend to find them more rare by hunter's sides then rares themselves. :lol:

I'll see if I can keep my favorites brief as each hunter sort of has their own love. XD

So after never being able to really click with raptors, I gave some of the serpents ago and ended up bonding with my dear Nagaina. <3 I love this beautiful skin so very much.

When I first started raiding on a hunter, ICC was out and you *needed* a wolf to pull your max DPS. I wanted a wolf that very few people had and Venjin ended up with one of her best friends, Rotface.

My personal pet challenge hunter has this carrion bird. After doing an assigned pet challenge for the black old world carrion bird and hating it, I thought I'd never be able to love one. I was wrong and I'm in love with this skin.

This beetle is so beautiful in game and a pain in the ass to get from AQ 40.

Tried avoiding the green jormungar skin for a while as I thought it looked meh on the site, turns out he looks fabulous in game and matches Vitani really well.

I've learned to become a huge tallstrider fanatic, and I think all the skins are beautiful. One of my favorites is the gray one.

The felboar skin is a new love for me as well. He looks so great next to Vitani.

There's so many more, but I think I'll leave it at that. :lol:

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
rhythm
Realm: Sen'jin

Unread post by rhythm »

I've only stuck with one pet the lifetime of the pet, the lavender kitty from Wintergrasp. It was the first pet I seeked and looked up to find.

Other then that I love the Giant White moth from Borean tundra.
Sherbe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor-EU, Korgall-EU. Bloodhoof-EU

Unread post by Sherbe »

Two come to mind that are really special common everyday-mobs: snow leopard and dark brown tiger, both non-mount-models. The snow leoprad was my first hunters first pet at 10, he had such personality. The dark tiger is my main hunters first pet. I love both colorings, and I think these models look more feline than saber-mount-models.

Hydra sig by Vephriel, may this hydra soon befriend Sherbe!

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

My favorite commons. I have had all of these at one point or other, and still have a few. I counted instance mobs, since they're not rare spawns - just harder to get common skins.

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Whoops! Forgot these two.

Image Image
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

This was my unexpected favorite. I was going around taming old world rares one day just to tame them, and see if I clicked. I didn't really expect to keep any of them, but upon finding Snarler I fell in love. He's AWESOME!!!!
bloodysam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scryers!

Unread post by bloodysam »

These are my favs sadly i only have one of these i am getting the warhound i just can't decide lol, the Ghost Saber is my fav of all the commons because i got him when i was level 19 with the help of another hunter freezing him for me and then me taming him i named and still named is Shadowclaw i did not know that there was another NPC named Shadowclaw. then the boar just looks awwsome with his bones showing for the most part.
Attachments
boarskinundeadt.jpg
boarskinundeadt.jpg (3.07 KiB) Viewed 2458 times
FAV AND THE BEST!
FAV AND THE BEST!
tigerskinsnowghostt.jpg (2.08 KiB) Viewed 2458 times
pvpridingdirewolfskindarkblackt.jpg
pvpridingdirewolfskindarkblackt.jpg (3.33 KiB) Viewed 2458 times

Born a lonewolf...choosen to be with pets!
Thanks for the awwsome signature Pooksie!!
ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

My favorite wind serpent model and color. Also, the pet I have kept the longest.

My favorite raptor model and color.

Before cata released all the new saber cat models, this the cat skin I adored most. And it's still up there, although I tend to prefer saber cats these days.

I think these look stunning in game.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Oh gosh. There are a lot.

I guess I'll start with the good old Springpaw red lynx.

The lavender tiger has always been a favorite as well. Just so beautiful! I love it!

A new skin, but a common mob... I just adore this chimera. The red hair is so gorgeous, and the soft tawny fur is so... lion like.

Also the classic Red devilsaur. The red is much richer than I had first expected, with crimson highlights.

The red hyena has really nice markings and a charming face. Used to be my go-to pet before the neck thing started.

The first tamed snake I ever saw was one of these, and I fell in love. The beautiful golds and bronzes mixed with greens are just amazing.

This one is new to my stables, but I've always loved this skin. Fire spiders are awesome by definition!

Lastly, I still think the white tallstrider is lovely. Such a nice bright ivory color.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Oki. Lol, this is why i need 5 hunters ROFL and even though these are my absolute fav skins, depending on the hunter, they will look terrible or awesome so i fluxuate through these and a few that arent listed. The 'RidingTigerIce' isnt in the game YET but it is taking on the Frostsaber Stalker in PTR which is why ive included it.

I just noticed i had Mahamba in my list too but he has a 4 hour spawn and for some reason he kept spawning every single time i flew over his point on my blood elf (3 times) xD

Edit: Apperently purple hyenas now appear in Tanaris as a common so ignore my earlier mention about them 'once' being common before the shattering xD
Last edited by Chimera on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

I guess I'll split this into skins I own and skins I love. :P

What better model for a bomb-sniffing boar? I never, ever see this poor guy around unless he's on fire, which is truly unfortunate. :/

Maevis "Bacon", my backup tank. ;P I tamed this guy on a whim and was surprised to find that he matches almost exactly with my Devout set. We do a lot of frolicking together. I know he's "unique" skinwise, but the boars are everywhere.

ImageImage
Peaches, who sadly doesn't mean as much to me now that she's made the switch to red. I might go retame her as she originally was.

This skin means soooo much to me. I did heroics with him when he was a wolf, but sadly I don't use Vince as much anymore. Lock jaw just isn't as useful. :(

Everyone needs a lion. I named mine Scratchfever, so I can drag the poor cat with me on adventures and hope he evade-tanks for me.

Unique skin, common mob. Atlas, previously Atramedes by some poor oversight, who I ran to tame shortly before he changed skins.

My currently nameless Silithid Ravager, who dutifully dogpaddled behind me throughout the entire Thousand Needles zone. I had to drop him to pick up Snarler, but since he isn't clicking at all I think I know who I'll be retaming. :P

ImageImage
Unfortunately I think these two parrots are prettier in the wild - their size and how they soar is really quite a sight, but they look just as nice by my side. Now I just need to decide which one to keep!

I was fortunate to tame the Stormwind Sewer Beast before I faction/race/server changed. Scuppers was also known as MrEatYourFace, but once she made her gender clear she became MsEatYourFace - I mean Scuppers.
Nostalgia! She's the one pet that I'll never ever willingly let go for a shinier one. She's my(terrifying, facemauling, mate-biting child-guarding bathtub-lurking) baby. I know the Sewer Beast is a rare, but the old school albino croc skin remains one of my favorites. :)

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I have mostly commons, but let me show restraint in my list:

brown beetle
seagull
green serpent
white cat
Ketchaeatcha
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Ketchaeatcha »

Old Bones loves de Frat bear
"Allzu klug ist dumm" (Too clever is stupid)
~German Proverb
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage - A, Thrall - H

Unread post by Kormai »

Hmmmm I'm sure as you look at this post you will see why I need lots of hunters. Hahaha :lol: Since I really don't like doubling up families of pets on the same hunter. :?

ImageImageImageImage*Image

*Yeah it's not a rare but it is hard to get and I don't currently have one...I'm hoping we'll be able to get them in ZG in 4.1

Thrall | Kormai - 100 Blood Elf Hunter | Kari - 100 Undead Hunter | Sintharia - 100 Blood Elf Warlock | Rhoxi - 100 Goblin Mage
Stormrage | Kormai - 100 Draenei Hunter | Kari - 6 Worgen Hunter
...and so many other alts!
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Shy-Rotam helped me accept Griever's change with a sort-of son for Tufani. *hugs Benoni*

Always loved this skin, never clicked with it. Maybe someday...

Shango makes me pause and admire him each time I pass him.

Love this beautiful copper-orange color.

This skin has a really nice silvery sheen to it that surprised me.

Scarlet red, mmm.

This one really, really, really surprised me. Never thought I'd have a ravager, but Merikh is one of Tufani's go-to pets.

Beautiful soft fire-like glow to this one.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Maaru_2
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Cenarius, Anvilmar

Unread post by Maaru_2 »

I absolutely love this puppy! I have always loved that skin ever since I saw it in Westfall for the first time. And then when I learned of the barking puppies in Mulgore, I had to have one and I've been attached to it ever since :)

Sorry it's so big, not quite sure how to do a thumbnail =O!

:Edited because Xakaal is win :) :
Last edited by Maaru_2 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Maaru_2 wrote: Sorry it's so big, not quite sure how to do a thumbnail =O!
Right click on the thumbnail pic and go down to Properties, then run your mouse over the http:// code. Make sure you get the .jpg at the end of it (if it has one, the pic you posted doesnt have a .jpg code when i do it lol), a lotta times you gotta move the mouse down so the code scrolls down to pick up the rest of the text

Edit: Awwwe x3 your too kind <3
Last edited by Chimera on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Maaru_2
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Cenarius, Anvilmar

Unread post by Maaru_2 »

Ah-hah! Thank you very much! :-)
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

There's an easier way to get the thumbnail Petopian pics. On the page with all the models displayed, just right click the pic of the skin you want and hit "Copy Image URL" and you'll be able to paste the code in your post, slap image tags around it, and you're good to go. :)

Either way you like works.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Pooksie
Realm: Burning Legion

Unread post by Pooksie »

Just tamed The Lone Hunter and I'M IN LOVE! I absolutely love the way it looks.