Beloved Common Models

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Beloved Common Models

Unread post by Kurasu »

Someone happened to mention on the latest Sabre discussion that they were happy to see the skin, but sad that it was on a common mob. Which got me thinking of how many of the 'common' (or at least quite easy to find) models I am absolutely nuts for.

This, for example, is my absolute favorite of the Windserpent models. If not for the fact I presently have a Dragonhawk which does the same thing, I'd be all over picking one up. But I've been waiting forever for Blueskies. ;)

While Olm is very beloved to me, when I got an up close look at this skin, I couldn't resist getting one. It's one of a kind, yes, but on a quest mob who respawns seconds after you kill or tame it. And it's *GORGOUS*. I know a lot of people love their ghostly Olm (me among them) but if he had this skin? I'd never have need of another Bird Of Prey again.

Absolutely a gorgeous, gorgeous Chimera skin. If not for the memories with Codebreaker himself, this would be the chimera I get. And I may yet give up my Razza in order to tame one and rename it Codebreaker.

Even though it is the most common of the serpent colors, in use by three different models (one of which is quite easy to get), this is easily the most stunning of them all IMO. I got Suresh when I was level 20, and I have very rarely been without him.

This is... a *half* easy pet to get. You need to be Horde, but if you are, it's no problem (Alliance have a bit more running to do through dangerous territory). But the *color*! It absolutely *glows*. And the model itself is just beautiful.

I know everyone else loves Ashtail, but for me? *This* is the color to drool over.

As common as it is, I couldn't even begin to think of getting another color of moth. This one is just so bright and shiny. There's no need for a rare or uncommon one!

I could go through all the list and rave about my favorites, but I should stop there. :) How about other people? What's your 'common model' love?
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Re: Beloved Common Models

Unread post by Mozag »

Oh, Kurasu, great thread! I think I could probably go on about this for days, but I'll try to keep it brief.

The red serpent. I'd had a lot of problems clicking with the serpent skins, despite all the nice colours, because the model looks weird to me. Bam, in comes this baby, and suddenly all the others start looking lovely too...

Purple Spider and Dark Grey Bone Spider.
I've wanted to tame the purple spiders ever since questing in the Storm Peaks and realising to my dismay that the skin was untameable. Also, when I first set eyes on Hadronox, I fell deeply, irrevocably in love. I admit I almost cried when I ran to Tirisfal glades and tamed this darling at level 13.

White Wind Serpent. Just...astonishingly beautiful.

White Condor. My favourite bird in the game, despite the flying issues.

Pretty much all the saber cat skins, normal mobs or not. Shango's new look, Duskfang and the lavender skin are probably my favourites from the non-rares.

Green Runed Demon Dog. Unbearably cute!

White Fox. This will always be my favourite fox, and what's more, one of my top three favourite skins in the game.

Black Worg. My favourite worg, love the eyes.

Green and Red Scarab Beetle. I simply can't WAIT for my Goblin to be high enough to tame this beauty!

White Crocolisk. Huge soft spot for this one.

Black Scorpid. Surely everyone loves this skin?

I could go on, but this has gone on long enough. I think I probably prefer a LOT of normal skins over rare ones.
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

These are my favorite common models and I don't see people with them much, the kitty in particular. I looove the coloring on the kitty and the wolf just feels right to me. Like... natural, I guess. Anyway, these are my faves and my worgen huntress will have them for sure! :D
Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan »

This forever and ever. It's simply my most beloved pet. Love her to bits!

Now, on the others.

I just LOVE this skin! It was the first thing I tamed after the Shattering went Live. I named mine Jelly (both the food and the "ya be jelly of ma birdie") I can't believe I've never ever seen it on any hunter.

This, apart from Madexx, is absolutley the best scorpid skin ever. I basicly powerleveled my third hunter just to get this badass. You can't really tell from a pic, but ingame, his skin is so smooth and kinga liquidish, which is why I named mine Mercury. Amazing buddy.

Gonna go with Red Serpent aswell! This skin is too awesome. I LOVE the blue eyes on the gorgeous red skin. Mine is named Taffie, don't they just look chewy?

I'm gonna stop for now, as I'm still filling up a couple of stables. I usualy go for rare/unique pets, but I simply can't resist these commons. Never ever.
pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by pengupuff »

My favorite common skins:

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

(Psst....Pengu....Lord Condor nor Snort are common mobs. ^^; Those are rare spawns.)

Lesse....some nonrare pets....

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Lisaara on Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Jessibelle wrote:(Psst....Pengu....Lord Condor nor Snort are common mobs. ^^; Those are rare spawns.)
But they *are* common skins. ;)
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kurasu wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:(Psst....Pengu....Lord Condor nor Snort are common mobs. ^^; Those are rare spawns.)
But they have a rare spawn. Doesnt make them common then. If they have a rare counterpart, kinda defeats the purpose, imho. :) I was gonna put the red worg but it has a rare spawn on it named Barnabus so I took him out. I think the OP was meaning just commons....no rares in the mix. Just my two cents.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Daranara »

My favorite common skins, also titled "Why I am leveling forty-seven hunters*"

This cat. She was my first pet when I began this crazy WoW journey, and frankly, if Duskstalker had kept this skin I'd probably have her instead of Korra right now. Ah well. She has a home on an alt with no such memories attached!

This is by far my favorite bear skin, and it's a shame most bears I see are either the lighter brown skin or one of the diseased ones. Surely I am not the only one who sees the beauty in him.

Such an understated little beauty that deserves more love. And she matches the color scheme of my hearth location! What more could you want?

This baby holds the honor of being one of two skins of spider that don'e cause me to break out into the heebies (the other being THIS and ONLY that color of boney-spider). He has a cute little face and it's a shame most spiders I see hail from Tol Barad because it's easy.

Oh man I loved my little sporebat she's such a cutie. Never seen -anyone- running with one aside from myself.

Back when warp stalkers came in two colors, I only ever saw one other person running with a white one. These days it's all Gezz or blue warpies, all the time.

This has always been a favorite of mine. I do occasionally see her around, which makes me happy for something different in the sea of saberworgs that exists today.

I should probably stop.

*Yes this is an exaggeration, but it feels like it isn't some days.

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Kurasu »

Jessibelle wrote:
Kurasu wrote:
But they have a rare spawn. Doesnt make them common then. If they have a rare counterpart, kinda defeats the purpose, imho. :)
The white windserpent has a rare spawn. You didn't call me on that. *Two* rare spawns, actually. And out of your own list, the blue dragonhawk may not be rare, but it's only available within a level 70 raid instance, in an elite body.

I was only asking about 'common skins'. Not 'skins that don't have a rare counterpart'. :)
Hesantia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: The Maelstrom

Unread post by Hesantia »

You're right, it's time the common ones get some love too! ;)

My favorites are:

Would take that one over Jadefang any day!

And would especially take this over The Razza every time (well, haven't actually seen any Outlands models tamed, but I would not go out to look for one either )

I think this is the best looking dog there is, although all runed ones look awesome.

This has to be one of my absolute favorites, I even think he looks adorable! :lol: Went to tame the white one on the PTR for my baby undead, but I had a hard time not wanting this on her aswell ;)

I so much LOVE this skin! It looks amazing, especially since I love tigers, but the normal one just wasn't for me.

And I'll just throw this in here aswell... I can't be 100% sure that this is not due to our history, but I do think we need more armored pets! ;)
Last edited by Hesantia on Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sig by me ^^

pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Lesse....some nonrare pets....

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Actually it's Vultros and Ravage, since we're getting technical.
Get owned.

These are the other common skins I'm fond of that I didn't have screenies for:
Image - I have one of these eagles named Dawnbringer; it's by far the cheesiest name I've come up with, but I picture hunters having a bird of prey to scope out areas and this model embodies this vision for me.
Image - I thought I'd hate this skin since I don't usually go for transparent pets, but I was grinding whatever rep is in Kara and tamed one on a whim. It's actually a very cool model.
Image - I can't wait to get Icehorn when the next patch goes live; I hated finding that dude and not being able to tame him. >.<
Image - I LOVE this snake; online pics really don't do him justice. He also looks nice next to the new hunter color scheme.

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan »

Daranara wrote:Image

Oh man I loved my little sporebat she's such a cutie. Never seen -anyone- running with one aside from myself.
Mememememememeeeeeeeee! :mrgreen: :hug:
Aint they the adorablest things evar.
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

With the hunter pvp set; I really like how the grey tarantula type spider compliments it. Also the eyes. Those eyes D: are so pretteh. all six of em D:

Griffley
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland - EU

Unread post by Griffley »

<3 Forever
- And i agree on the blue sporebats <3
pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Moore wrote:With the hunter pvp set; I really like how the grey tarantula type spider compliments it. Also the eyes. Those eyes D: are so pretteh. all six of em D:

I agree that this model is awesome.
I've always had trouble getting into spiders, but if I ever keep one, this will be the winner.

Check out my stable!

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

I like and approve of this thread :D Yay for seeing something about common pets!!

Now, a lot of mine are "unique," or very unusual (like my awesome undead hawk), but to keep to your spirit here of truly common pets:

These are my three favorite pets that are of truly common skins. The first, my Snarler, I've retamed and renamed repeatedly--just can't live without him. The second, Windbiter (or Stormwraith on my night elf) is just too beautiful not to have around. The third, Amulet, is a PvP goddess! :lol: The chimaera, Talisman, is my oldest pet and I'm quite attached to him. I miss my red hyena, Styx, whom I love but don't really use because of the busted animations.

There's more, mind--Ochre, my saber tiger (Shango) and Snowfeather, my Trachela, but they're unique so I'm not going to picture them here. Other pets through the years--the red nether ray, the gray raptor, pretty much every wolf I've tried--they're just plain awesome :) The purple shale spider and blue runed dog are two AMAZING pets that I just don't happen to have right now, but they are beautiful!
Socks
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: US-Eonar

Unread post by Socks »

I was realm first with Ashtail, put my bottom on his spot the day before that patch, had him for a long time, and he just sat in my stables, I eventually went Worgen and started noticing the other foxes, my eyes were lured to this beauty.
Yes yes, its Takk, hes rare. But hes one of those rares that are usually always up, (on Eonar atleast), I tried the purple raptor, the blue.. the green. All of those I loved for their skins but nothing brought me to perfection, I went out to Barrens on an egg-hunt and found Takk, hes jumping around rapidly, was very amusing. Ive tamed him and loved him to bits before but let him go for stable slots, but now I went back and tamed him, and he will forever stay <3
Everyone and their mom has to have used this skin at some point, I did have the Oil-stained wolf, and I loved him.. But there was no click. I was always looking more into the smaller wolf models as I loveddd their size and animations. It was a debate between this guy and the coyote skin, and this beaut won :)
Ah Bayne, yes another rare.. but always there x) I loved the rune demon dogs, theyre beautiful, but I have no personal click or story that could possibly fit with their character. While going through Tirisfal I remembered this little guy, and found him. Instantlly a click was formed and a story came to my head, it was perfect x)

Theres many more common skins I would prefer over rares, but I dont have them tamed yet, not sure if I will either :o (ex: blue sporebat, white tallstrider, etcetc)

Ghostcrawler's Gifted: 8

Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

ACK! How did I forget this piggy??

My low level hunter has one and his name is Abe! He's always nibbling on my boots and snorting and being adorable :D I love this pig. He has armor so he can fight but he's just a big cuddle bug!
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Let's see....I have to divide mine into two categories.

Personal preference (note how the grand majority of my favorite pets ever are here):

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

And a few other cool-looking pets that I wouldn't tame (or can't keep), but think are worthy of consideration for this category:

This got wayyyy too long. >_<

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!