Hardest to tame?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Hardest to tame?

Unread post by evil950510 »

Which NPC is the hardest to tame? KK was considered really difficult since first he was a rare, which meant hours of waiting. Then on top of that he feared, so to tame him you needed either a priest or the old fashion method of taming a throw away pet, using bestial wrath, and stacking haste to cut the tame time down. Lastly, he hit hard so you need to beef up your health. However, now it seems the torch has been passed to Terrorpen.
mnenioc
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Silvermoon

Re: Hardest to tame?

Unread post by mnenioc »

I would agree Terror is probably one of the hardest to tame now as long as you're not 85. Was able to tame him on both of my hunters at 81 and that was interesting since he was whacking me for about 10k dps. Had to get tame down quick and HoTs to help out. Too much and healer aggro'ed Terror off of you, too little and you better hope your haste gear and buffs are enough.
All of the other tames are pretty much cut and dry. Only the amount of competition for them was the difficult part.

Just read Pent's post. Yeah nerf bat was scary and then what's worse, after he's beat on you for a bit, he vanishes, resets while you're left licking your wounds. Heal up as quickly as possible and go looking for him again. Ghost is just so :twisted:
Last edited by mnenioc on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Well, there are still pets that you need a raid to get to and even with other people there the tame itself is pretty tricky... (the cat in Ulduar)

There are a few others that require going into a raid instance.

Then there are Terrorpene and Ghostcrawler.

Terrorpene was already touched upon, so I'll talk about Ghostcrawler... If you go into the tame thinking that the Nerfbat skill can't kill you then you might be surprised. It hits hard and fast. I was in quested gear and barely survived with about 1500 life left. It scared me for a few seconds.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Lahni
Realm: Shadowmoon

Unread post by Lahni »

I remember taming Gezzarak was frustrating because she'd interrupt my tame a lot, she couldn't be trap'd, and she hit pretty hard. I'd say that would come to mind first!
Pwncess
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor (US)

Unread post by Pwncess »

A guildie of mine recently tamed Krush and he said that since he was higher level, it was easier. He went for it, waited for Krush's first tame (basically just let Krush smack him around for a bit since us 85's have a bit more health than back then :P) and after his first fear finished, hit Tame Pet and was good to go.

Terropene was hard. I came across him when I was 85 and was out discovering Hyjal for the achievement. Terrorpene's little NPC alarm went off so I swooped down, saw nobody was around, silently pre-tame squealed, and went for it. He almost killed me. He's immune to trap and his fire breath is like whoa. So, I'd have to say Terror was more of a pain.

That's really the only tough tame I've come across. Everything else was just Ice Trap and tame away. :shrug:

Being a Hunter is like Pokemon.
I gotta tame em all!

It's a good thing I love Pokemon, too!
My Stable
My Mounts
My Companions

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Back before our tame was down to 10 sec? The Beast.

Now? Terrorpene.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

I found Terror rather easy myself....

Chromo isn't a pain himself to tame but it can be a pain to get to him. Also King Dred is hard, he hits like a truck and fears.

Before the shorter tame Gezzerek and The Beast gave me the biggest pain, by far Gezzerek. I tried her over 30 times before I got lucky and she didn't interupt.
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Pooksie
Realm: Burning Legion

Unread post by Pooksie »

I had trouble taming Krush even at 85. He took down a good 30% of my health and feared me right before I finish my tame a few times. Terrorpene was easy for me, but I was 85.
In my opinion, the hardest one would have to be Ghostcrawler for the simple fact that he killed me while I was trying to tame him. He hits VERY hard, and the annoying phasing in and out kept scaring me (because I thought he was despawning lol).
Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

terrorpene was a pain to tame.. But the hardest tame i've had was the boss Sithilids in AQ40.. I wanted Lord kri; being the only orange skin sithilid.. To tame him you have to have a fight with three boss's at the same time. One fears and the other hits like a tank.. take some freinds

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Pets i had trouble taming: Krush, Terrorpene, Ghostcrawler, Gezzarak the Huntress, Chromaggus (the raid, not the actual tame).

If i was in huge desire to get the Ulduar kitty id be near out of luck (on wyrmrest hode-side anyway, my personal experiences have been rough). Gathering a raid when your guild is a small family based home and you dont have friends in the big well known guilds pretty much just killed your chances right there.

If your not in one of the respected guilds or paying VERY handsomely, no one is gonna hear your plea and if they do join you, they leave soon after out of bordem since they dont want to do a raid that isnt cata related >.<

I have however gotten into some raids but one dude always seems to blows his top off cause its a pug and half the raid leaves within a minute cause everyones flameraging at eachother :( Makes me happy i dont want any raid pets that require many ppl. I was able to get chromaggus with my guild and we got him a 2nd time for my guild leader :D

Never been into AQ, never seen AQ except the gates and flying over the now accessible ruins, not really interested in taming any of em :/ I have a thing against bugs (Jormungars and Beetles excluded in-game, they are cute <3 Arachnids, depends on the graphic.)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Lahni wrote:I remember taming Gezzarak was frustrating because she'd interrupt my tame a lot, she couldn't be trap'd, and she hit pretty hard. I'd say that would come to mind first!
I don't mean to go off topic, but your sig is too big. :)
The max allowed here is 800x300.

OT: KK is still a bit of a pain with his fear and trap immunity. Terrorpene is a pain because he can't be trapped and that lava beam hits for 10k a tick. I got him at 81 thanks to a helpful boyfriend. <3
Ghostcrawler's a royal pain too because he phases and nerf bat makes him hit like a truck--helped a hunter tame him and he barely survived.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Azzrazzah wrote:terrorpene was a pain to tame.. But the hardest tame i've had was the boss Sithilids in AQ40.. I wanted Lord kri; being the only orange skin sithilid.. To tame him you have to have a fight with three boss's at the same time. One fears and the other hits like a tank.. take some freinds
You can actually solo tame the bug guys; it's not easy or pretty, but doable.

My boyfriend and I did it by running all the way up to the side of the one we wanted to tame. I'll use Kri as an example since I tamed him.

We cleared the room of trash then healed up. I then ran up to Kri's right side, at the max distance of tame beast. As soon as I was in position (you'll have aggro), I feigned death. Then you play a bit of a waiting game. For this to be the easiest, you need to wait until Vem (the little pink guy) gets to the opposite side of where you're at. As soon as he's on the opposite side, immediately hit tame beast (and if you happen to have any haste stuff, pop it then). I did it with no extra haste stuff and got him just before getting punted. :)

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Ghostcrawler's a royal pain too because he phases and nerf bat makes him hit like a truck--helped a hunter tame him and he barely survived.
What was their health at? I had about 93k and he only brought me down to 37k when i was done at 10seconds

Edit: The phasing scared the SHIAT outta me, i was taking screenies and all of a sudden he vanished and i thought he DESPAWNED O_O i swam around frantically for a minute and then he popped up about 100 yards or so, prolly more then that, to the left of me who had returned to the pin point that NPCScan gave me to kinda surf around on the sea floor seeing if he was just stealth-style
Last edited by Chimera on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I don't remember. It's been a long time since I homed him.

[/center]
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Ahha~ Despite how much i really do hate crab models in general Haloisi (ghostcrawler) is kinda neat even though he was my most hated since i kept seeing him with blood red glowing around his mouth and eyes, freaked me out lol, the freaky red glow isnt so prominent on my tame though.. ive seen him in several different types of lighting so i dunno what was going on

Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Hyjal

Unread post by Ellaran »

For me, Chromaggus was the hardest, since I had to scrape together a couple of random people and suffer through BWL to get him.

Terrorpene and King Krush I literally tripped over while doing something else. Loque'nahak, Nuramoc and Hakariss just took a couple of days of searching.

Griffley
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland - EU

Unread post by Griffley »

Jessibelle wrote:Back before our tame was down to 10 sec? The Beast.

Now? Terrorpene.
I second this

also: Grimtotem spirit guide was a pain in the ass to tame on my old hunter.
Kaelys
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Kaelys »

Gezzarak the Huntress was my hardest I think. Took so many tries because she kept interrupting and then wanted to chew on me.

I think I got super lucky on Ghostcrawler. He literally sat there and stared at me as I tamed him, didn't fight back a bit o.O
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

KK is still a tough one to tame if you are a lower level. I tried at level 75. Even with our shorter tame along with using ancient hysteria from my corehound, I died several times before I was able to tame.

Terrorpene was also tough, I tried to solo at level 82, and got stomped. I just did not have enough health and gear to survive his fire. Once I got my hp to 54K, and added potion of speed and ancient hysteria, I was able to tame with just 5k health left.
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by WildcatTM »

I grabbed Krush at 80. I didn't find him all that difficult with a core hound pet. I didn't even get feared.

Edit: Actually, I totally lied. That's not how I tamed Krush. I tamed Krush by letting my junk pet soak up the first fear. Abandon, hit a haste pot, and tamed away.