I love all my pets, but..

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Gemmuh
Realm: Feathermoon

I love all my pets, but..

Unread post by Gemmuh »

But I feel like I'm missing something... I have all the spirit beasts, all the cata rares, and Chromaggus. I had the flaming boar, but we just weren't meant to be.

Are there any pets that you guys like that I should be aware of? And yes, I've searched high and low on petopia, but everything just meshes together and looks the same..

help?
Squake
Realm: Sporeggar

Re: I love all my pets, but..

Unread post by Squake »

I really like King Krush. He's such a beauty!

Squake - Sporeggar EU

My Pets

Gemmuh

Unread post by Gemmuh »

I've been looking for him along with Aotona, but no such luck! D=
Squake

Unread post by Squake »

I also like worms. Had a purple one with a name Pildo before, but then I succeded to find this one:

Oozeworm or Grubthor.

Squake - Sporeggar EU

My Pets

Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

I definitely vote King Krush, I also vote Deathmaw or Old Cliff Jumper (OR BOTH!) :)
Pooksie
Realm: Burning Legion

Unread post by Pooksie »

Pogeyan
You can't really tell by the picture, but he looks gold because of his glossy model. I absolutely LOVE him.

The Lone Hunter
Also can't tell by the picture, but he is see-through and a very pretty color, which makes him very unique.
Squake

Unread post by Squake »

Dont forget about Olm the Wise. He is also very good looking spectral Owl:

Squake - Sporeggar EU

My Pets

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

For me, finding pets I bonded with was often a pure chance thing. Nimhar and her Ginger. Aloicious and his Timothy and Sonja. Kurasu and Suresh and Dai. These were all big surprises for me in the 'bonding' department. So maybe all you need to find that ideal pet is, instead of looking for the rare and amazing, try a different way of finding a pet to bond with.

Set yourself some random pets, either through the challenge threads on the board or with your own /rolls. Do a challenge where you tame the first beast you see, or every however many levels, get a new pet. Pick up a map, cover your eyes ,drop the pen down on the map, and wherever the tip lands, tame a beast from there (or the general area). Whatever.

Run around with that pet and take the whole thing in. How it sounds, how it moves, what it eats. How well does it hold aggro? Do you like its ability? Make a story up in your head about how your character got the pet. These are all things that can go with bonding with a pet.

In the end, those pets you bond with aren't necessarily 'because they're rare' or 'because they're speshul'. It might just be because your level 10 ran to Tirsfal for a plain-looking bat. Or because you happened to see this bear and wondered what it would look beside you. The best pets, for me, are the ones that for whatever reason genuinely became a part of my family.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Squake

Unread post by Squake »

Bonding with pets is a mistery and wonderful thing. I'm still hunting with a black Devilsaur, which I tamed when Blizzard introduced exotic pets, named Sharpy. Back then, some bosses were using some of their abilities not only on players, but also on pets. I remember guildies shouting on ventrilo: "Oh, Sharpy again!", "Poor Sharpy", "Sharpy just saved someone's life!". I really love this pet, but I also like his brother King Krush. Now I'm bonding with Karoma. Once I tamed her, a name instantly poped in my head - Kahome. Don't know why.
This pet is special for me.

Squake - Sporeggar EU

My Pets

Gemmuh

Unread post by Gemmuh »

Hehe, I didn't necessarily mean it had to be a rare or anything. I have Pogeyan and Olm (lovingly named Pogie and Olm).

I haven't tried that, though I do love the turtles, bears, and cats. <3

I was very, very attached to Misty (Rak'Shiri) but when she lost the blue skin, I just didn't want her. It wasn't Misty anymore D=.

And I like the worms ^^

I guess it's time to go out and find a new "Misty"
Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture co., Duskwood, Hydraxis, Draka

Unread post by Pawtrack »

The Sewer Beast. Go, find it, tame it.

Not only is it a super cool reference to the myths that aligators live in the sewers of new york, it's a rare, and it's a cool looking crocolisk skin. Not unique, but I still love my sewer beast.

Or, you could do what I once did, when I tamed my Gorilla, Grub, who I love to bits, and run/fly around the whole of azeroth (or outlands) taming every beast you see, even if you think it's ugly. Worked for me! :D

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Carmindy
Realm: Maiev

Unread post by Carmindy »

Ghost sabers hold a special place in my heart. They are a pretty nifty skin, especially if you like cats.
bloodysam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scryers!

Unread post by bloodysam »

I would agree Carmindy the Ghost Saber is the most oldest one of the cool models and is very unique to get. But the Ghost Saber is special to me because i have had him since level 19. Another model is one Pooksie said the shiny red eyed tiger model i adore this model but sadly haven't gotten him yet.

Born a lonewolf...choosen to be with pets!
Thanks for the awwsome signature Pooksie!!
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

You said you were attached to Misty. Misty (Rak'shiri) will get the aqua skin back come the next big patch. Why not put in a pet restore ticket for Misty? That's what I did for Moonlight, my Rak'shiri. I was in the same boat as you and Misty were. It was my Moonlight. But come the next patch, he'll be coming home, so I put in a ticket and the GM was nice enough to return my Moonie home.

As long as you're polite, explain your situation and haven't used your restore too many times (It was my first.) I say it's worth a shot. Just keep in mind it's a limited deal. Don't use it all the time, and it's best to have a valid reason instead of, "Eh. I abandoned it, but now I can't find it again. Can I haz it back?"
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Have you tried a seagull? They have wonderful sounds and animations, and I fell hard for mine right away.
FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

I also have all the spirit beasts, but honestly? Aotona is by far my favorite pet. Beautiful and deadly... such a great combination.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

I agree with everything Kurasu said. :) I fell pretty hard for my spider Braxley, even though she's a rare, she's not anything special or unique - I'm not sure what won me over, but I take her everywhere with my little Tauren now.

And definitely put in a ticket to restore Misty since she'll be shedding her white coat fairly soon. :)

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Gemmuh

Unread post by Gemmuh »

My baby is gonna be blue again?! ^^ zomg. And yano, I've been looking for the sewer beast for a while lol never found him =S. But I had the ghost sabre for a while, loved him, but we parted ways.

I haven't tried a seagull yet, although I assume they're really fun? lol
Squake

Unread post by Squake »

Seagulls are cool. Especially if you combine them with a Rustberg Gull companion :D

Squake - Sporeggar EU

My Pets

Gemmuh

Unread post by Gemmuh »

LOL That pet is uber adorable! =D