Varying Pet Stats?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Varying Pet Stats?

Unread post by Acherontia »

I'd thought that stats were identical for a pet talent tree. Can anyone clarify this for me?

My Spirit Beast, with 2/3 Great Stamina, as well as my Carrion Bird with the same, have 97k hp. My Wolf, with 1/3, has 101k hp. All are 85 (bar the bird who's 84).

Before scaling--i.e., when just summoned--the wolf has 6706 hp. The bird has 6771, the spirit beast, 6964.

Why would the wolf have *less* hp before scaling, and more afterward, than either of the other two, with fewer points in Great Stamina?

Does it vary by pet type? I tried dying with the pet out to clear any hidden buffs/debuffs, but it's not changing.

/confused
Tonywow
Realm: Aerie Peak/Aerea 52/Gilneas

Re: Varying Pet Stats?

Unread post by Tonywow »

I am sure there are still pets that have higher or lower stats even know this is not supposed to be anymore. In vanilla wow some pets indeed had higher damage, or health, or armor etc. Blizzard had also had pet stats different by pet tree at one point. Cunning pets had 5% to health, armor, damage, ferocity had like 10% damage but 5% armor and health, and tenacity had I believe 10% armor, 5% health and damage.

Then Blizzard said they wanted all pet trees to be identical for health, damage, armor. Your not the first person to point out pet stats that vary within pets of the same tree. I am sure Blizzard like usual can't get anhything right in this game, so I am not shocked some pets stats still vary.

Just for fun i'll check some of my pets tofay untalented and see if I notice any significant differences. I have my stables full, have pets of each tree, so if I find anything interesting i'll make sure to post it.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Mkay. I have four or five wolves in my stable, along with 5 spirit beasts and a variety of other Ferocity pets. The wolves have consistently higher HP, by looks, if that will help your checks :D
Tonywow

Unread post by Tonywow »

Ok I have only checked out 6 of my pets so far. I am in BM spec and the pets I used were a gorilla, spirit beast, and chimera. I did notice a difference in health that if what Blizzard said before is true that all trees should now have the same stats, is not true.

I am BM spec, and each pet is untalented and no buffs up for me or pet besides spirit bond and ferocious inspiration which don't equate into pet helath at all.

Gorilla/Turtle- 92115 Chimera/Serpent- 85996 Spirit beast/Wasp- 79877, so there is clearly some difference in health. I could not check a wolf as my only wolf is still 84, I will level him in TB quick and see if the wolf differes from other ferocity for me, or cunning and tenacity.

I checked these three pets damage and armor which all were identical. So it seems health is the only stat that still may differe between pet families. All other stats were also identical, pet spell damage, run speed, attack speed, resists etc.

I then checked my spirit beasts, all except Skoll which I released long ago. Anyways, all the spirit beasts had the same health, damage, and armor. I had read some posts a while back where some people sweared one SB had more of one stat than another, usually it ws said loque and gondria differed, but that dosn't appear to be so.
Tonywow

Unread post by Tonywow »

Got my wolf to 85, he just needed a couple bars. Anyways my wolf unbuffed and untalented has the same health as the cunning pets I tested, 85996. The wolf also has the same stats in every other department as the other six pets I tested. So I guess the only difference between pets these days is health. It would be interesting to see if any other ferocity pets run off the cunning pet health pool, or tenacity pets differ in health.
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

I've noticed this to on mine, while not a huge difference in health, it is there. I always thought maybe that blizz left that behind and explained why the cat still did slightly more damage (dps) than the wolf.