White Whale Post #2.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vasken
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Re: White Whale Post #2.

Unread post by Vasken »

Blue madexx. I'm so tempted to pick up the equally-gorgeous brown and call it a day! But a little voice in my head always pipes up: "BUT YOUR RP SET IS BLUE, MADAM. AND HIS EYES. EYES." :lol:

Floof the Sambas!

Vasken - Troll Hunter - Argent Dawn EU

DeviantART || Skreel's Dragon Lair

Ralanost
Realm: Terokkar

Unread post by Ralanost »

Definitely Acturis at this point. Can't believe I have gotten 4 spirit beasts and king krush before ever spotting the elusive bear spirit. Even got the netherstorm chimerae.
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Green Madexx. -_- Even OCJ was more kind to me than the scorpid has been so far.
Spiritbeests
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorie

Unread post by Spiritbeests »

If only they would implement some kind of "Pet Trading." That way, one of those poor sould desperately seeking a green or red Madexx could trade me thier Nuramoc for one :(
Aistiande
Realm: Icecrown

Unread post by Aistiande »

Spiritbeests wrote:If only they would implement some kind of "Pet Trading." That way, one of those poor sould desperately seeking a green or red Madexx could trade me thier Nuramoc for one :(
I really don't know if that would be the best idea. While it would be nice to trade pets, I can see gold farmers cashing in on this feature.

Anywho, when you finally do find and tame Nuramoc (and you will), the pet will have more meaning to you (rather than receiving it second hand) ;)
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Aistiande wrote:Anywho, when you finally do find and tame Nuramoc (and you will), the pet will have more meaning to you (rather than receiving it second hand) ;)
That is totally your opinion. Some hunters do not care how they get a pet as long as they get the pet they want.

You do not have to put in hours, days, weeks, or even months camping in order to feel good (and bonded) with the pet you camped.

It doesn't make me like my pet more if I camp it longer... it just makes me want to let it die several times after I tame it.

All I am saying is each hunter is different and if some feel like they bond better the longer they wait for it to get tamed.. then let them pass said pet up a couple of times and let someone else tame it... then after the appropriate amount of time for the hunter to be satisfied that they have waited for "the moment" then they can tame the pet.

But who would do that?
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Aistiande
Realm: Icecrown

Unread post by Aistiande »

Pent wrote: That is totally your opinion. Some hunters do not care how they get a pet as long as they get the pet they want.

You do not have to put in hours, days, weeks, or even months camping in order to feel good (and bonded) with the pet you camped.

It doesn't make me like my pet more if I camp it longer... it just makes me want to let it die several times after I tame it.

All I am saying is each hunter is different and if some feel like they bond better the longer they wait for it to get tamed.. then let them pass said pet up a couple of times and let someone else tame it... then after the appropriate amount of time for the hunter to be satisfied that they have waited for "the moment" then they can tame the pet.

But who would do that?
You're absolutely right, it is my opinion, and my choice of words may not have had the intended meaning. However the point of my post was to encourage Spiritbeest to not give up :) Perseverance pays off at the end.
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Aistiande wrote:You're absolutely right, it is my opinion, and my choice of words may not have had the intended meaning. However the point of my post was to encourage Spiritbeest to not give up :) Perseverance pays off at the end.
Yes, that is correct. Don't give up and you will eventually get whatever you are looking for.

It's the wait that is the killer.

Good luck.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Krysannis
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Mok'Nathal
Location: Austin. The greatest city in the world.... well, at least in Texas

Unread post by Krysannis »

Mine would be either red or blue madexx orrrrr Karoma. I have everyone else. Also, I told myself that I wouldn't get caught up with all the Madexx hype but I went to work yesterday and came home to see that my boyfriend had tamed the green Madexx for me.... and I actually like the way he looks next to me. /sigh
Siggy made by the wonderful lilatha
Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune

Unread post by Teevo »

Spiritbeests wrote:If only they would implement some kind of "Pet Trading." That way, one of those poor sould desperately seeking a green or red Madexx could trade me thier Nuramoc for one :(
Its not unheard of, actually. In Star Wars Galaxies, you were able to trade AND put pets on the auction house. It was a great source of income if you enjoyed hunting rares.

Special thanks to Pooksie for my Sig!

ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

Teevo wrote:
Its not unheard of, actually. In Star Wars Galaxies, you were able to trade AND put pets on the auction house. It was a great source of income if you enjoyed hunting rares.
Probably, but think about it.

I tend to be in the "it's a bad idea" camp.

Hunters had a hard time with rare pets being part of achievements and dropping blue loot.

So they took the better loot from tameable cata rares and there is no achievement... and there's still a problem of people killing tameables, even when presented with these facts.

Do we really want to give these rare pets a gold value, one that would probably go for tens of thousands of gold or more (how much do you think Loque would have gone for in wrath, especially early on?)

Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune

Unread post by Teevo »

Don't get me wrong, I could see it being a problem for sure.. especially being that gold farming is much more prevalent in WoW, and at the time this was available in SWG.. that was about 6yrs ago, gold farming has sky-rocketed since then. So ya - I'm 50/50 on it, only reason holding me back from saying it would be a totally bad idea is that I'm unsure if even the gold farmers would want to camp for these rares, showing no passion/inspiration for them other than money.. while even we have a hard time doing it, lol. Plus you have to think about time being a factor. Someone could probably make 3x as much by farming gold another way, compared to sitting in one (or multiple) spots for anywhere from 6-24hrs hoping to get the rare pet, AND hoping no one else is around. And theres no way to "bot" either, they would have to be there ready to manually tame once it spawns.

So I dunno. The more I talk about it, the more I don't see it being a true threat. But ya, its still possible. Either way, I dont see Blizzard adding it into the game :)

Special thanks to Pooksie for my Sig!

Chimaera
Realm: Dragonblight, Moon Guard, WrA

Unread post by Chimaera »

King Krush. D: I had such a hard time getting this dino.

The first time I saw him, he was already dead and I was farming herbs on my druid. My hunter wasn't high enough level at the time, but I was filled with want.
Fast forward several months, my hunter is leveled up and I find King Krush. He keeps fearing me and kills me a few times, and a paladin comes and decides it'll be funny to keep taunting him away from me. Krush eventually dies.
Few more months, I log on and see a level 55 with what looks like a freshly tamed Krush. Grats, log onto an alt for a while.

Fast forward, it's Cataclysm. I'm circling the basin and have a rogue in the area saying she'll keep an eye out for him while she farms herbs. I find him near the gorillas and start taming. Fears me once, but other than that the tame was successful. =D

Other than that though, rares come to me relatively easily.