So, Mahamba, huh?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

So, Mahamba, huh?

Unread post by WildcatTM »

Is Mahamba a popular tame? I decided to go tame him yesterday. Camped his spot for about 3 hours before I had to run off, total no show. Came back today for about an hour (presently camping him) and still nothing. I just find it odd that this beautiful Pogeyan has been up for hours and this soon-to-be croc boots is being all shy.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: So, Mahamba, huh?

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

The croc is a lot more shy than her gorilla and cat counter parts. I waited a day or two before finally getting her, and I was in her spot nearly all day.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture co., Duskwood, Hydraxis, Draka

Unread post by Pawtrack »

I think Mahamba might have a longer timer, and if not, then she may just be harder to find because of how many people are running around questing by where she spawns, where as Pogeyan and that gorilla -- forget his name -- spawn in slightly less-traveled areas.

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

The gorilla spawns not far from Nesingwary's camp.

I think Mahamba has a longer spawn time. Like I said, I camped her point for nearly two days straight and I was pretty much the only person there, with the occasional quester. :) She's just very elusive.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by WildcatTM »

I think I'm going on 2 hours now. Haven't seen the ape, but Pogeyan is just chilling. You know, minding his own busy. I'm glad I have two accounts. I'm camping Madexx on my Orc hunter and this guy with my Troll. Oh, and just as I say that, the li'l punk finally spawns.

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

there is a quest that sends you to that beach where you have to kill 15 of those crocs. since he's a croc in the middle of the pile of quest crocs, he probably gets killed way more often than the other two.

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

Vetiver wrote:there is a quest that sends you to that beach where you have to kill 15 of those crocs. since he's a croc in the middle of the pile of quest crocs, he probably gets killed way more often than the other two.
I'd agree with this assessment. On my newest hunter, Mahamba was the first of those three I tamed. Granted, I haven't tamed Tsul'Kalu yet on this hunter, but I'm not concerned about it. Pogeyan and Mahamba are the ones I wanted from there.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I found Mahamba without even trying on my human hunter alt. Needless to say, I was all wtf but I did tame him cause he fit my pet needs at the time. It took me awhile to finally get Pogeyan on my Tauren though. He was rather elusive, though I'm not sure if it was cause everyone and their mother was camping him or he was just so spottable to non-hunters that he got killed quite a bit.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

If it was shortly after release, probably both. Rares are big and shiny now. And many of them give XP bonuses - a big boon to a leveling character.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

On Solaira, my hunter pet challenge, I saw Tsu'kalu twice, one time I killed him, the other I gave him to a hunter who said he needed him.

Never seen Pogeyan.

I saw Mahamba once and killed her without much second thought. I couldn't have tamed her anyway, since it would've Broken The Rules.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I ended up camping Pogeyan on my worgen only to find out he looked terrible with her. :(

[/center]
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

yea Pogeyan and Mahamba live in heavily quested zones, morso then Tsu'kalu, Mahamba being in a very open and easily accessible part of the zone so its quite easy for him to be killed whenever hes up. Odd thing though, ive seen Mahamba 4 times-- all those times either ive tamed him or ive called someone over to tame and ive seen Pogeyan once. Tsu'kalu i never saw till about March and ive spent quite some time in STV, lvling up my characters and taking a peek at the 3 rares incase any were alive.

So long as you keep sitting in his spawn point, he'll eventually pop ^^ good luck and if you already have tamed him lol congrats!

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Konor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Garona

Unread post by Konor »

My baby Huntress got Pog and Mahamba at the same time. The Gorilla was up but I had no interest in taming him. I named him Mbwana and he's that toon's main pet :D

I will say that is the only time I have seen him up. I've seen the Cat and Gorilla several times but the Croc does seem a tad rarer. He was sitting on the beach out in the open and several others were questing in the area so I can see him being ganked a lot. :/