Glyph of lesser proportions

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Re: Glyph of lesser proportions

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

My god.. This is almost as bad as the morons who were practically campaigning against Brown Madexx..

To be perfectly honest.. I'm with Azu on this. We're damn lucky we've gotten all the things that we have! A little over a year ago and people would have scoffed at the mere THOUGHT of some of the pets we have now being even IN THE GAME. Seriously guys, we just got a bunch of new cats, including the blue one.. We got Hawkbane back.. And we're most likely getting Hydras soon. CAN'T YOU ALL JUST BE CONTENT FOR ONCE?! If you don't like the glyph, DON'T USE IT. End of story. I got rid of mine when I logged in after the patch hit. It is simple as that. There is no need to freak out like the world is freaking ENDING. Don't use the glyph, quit complaining and move on.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

What Azu and Senna said. I had the glyph when I logged on, and I did notice the change in size - it was obvious to me. I got rid of the glyph. I'm happy now. We can tame some amazing creatures, guys, so this rage over ONE SINGLE GLYPH that you don't need to use in any way is kind of pointless.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by MajorThor »

Jessibelle wrote:Please lets not start that stupid "omg its a conspiracy" thing cause it's not and Blizzard already addressed that on the forums. Bashiok himself writes the patch notes. Blizzard is run by humans. Humans make mistakes. Lets not start ripping into them. Miscommunications happen and thats exactly what happened this time around.
You can believe them if you want. As for me, I know they purposefully left it out of the patch notes because it would make people rage and it did. However, what's now done is done and they won't revert an obviously retarded change. So please lets not continue with this conversation.

@Azunara, people are whining because for over a month every Hunter and their brother (From whom I spoke with) where increasingly excited over getting the "Glyph of Greater Proportions" tho, irate at the removal of Happiness (Which removed the last responsibility from Hunters in terms of Pet-Maintenance.) then practically at the last minute being told "Whoops, that was SUPPOSED to say LESSER Proportions, not GREATER Proportions. -lol- I guess we kinda goofed for that month there eh?" Bah, human error is only an excuse to an extent.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Azunara wrote:Why does it matter if a pet is bigger or not, is the question? People always sit and whine about mammoths on their quest giver, a giant devilsaur on your questgiver is going to tick people off just as much, and if we got it, we'd just get more stuff thrown at us because now our pets are blocking stuff. We already have that issue with chimera, bats, dragonhawks, etc...

I mean, everyone was stupidly excited when there was tiny beetle. Almost everyone who was all, "Awww, lesser proportion?" was all "Eeeeee! Midget bug!" when it came out, and then went back to, "Ugh. Normal size." I don't know, I think people need to take a step back and look at the stuff we've got. We could get hydras. We have flaming turtles and lightning dogs and icy felines, yet all people can say is, "RAGE BECAUSE MY PET ISN'T SUPAH HUGE." We're a really spoiled class, guys. I say we be grateful for what we've got, instead of upset over what we can't have.

*shrugs.*
Senna-Umbreon wrote:My god.. This is almost as bad as the morons who were practically campaigning against Brown Madexx..

To be perfectly honest.. I'm with Azu on this. We're damn lucky we've gotten all the things that we have! A little over a year ago and people would have scoffed at the mere THOUGHT of some of the pets we have now being even IN THE GAME. Seriously guys, we just got a bunch of new cats, including the blue one.. We got Hawkbane back.. And we're most likely getting Hydras soon. CAN'T YOU ALL JUST BE CONTENT FOR ONCE?! If you don't like the glyph, DON'T USE IT. End of story. I got rid of mine when I logged in after the patch hit. It is simple as that. There is no need to freak out like the world is freaking ENDING. Don't use the glyph, quit complaining and move on.

I hope I don't come off as super mean or anything, but it always kind of irks me when some players add that "it'd be cool if we had this item", and then others reply "well be grateful we got anything this expansion. Be happy about what we already have".

No offense, but its almost like telling people to just sit back and relax, when they're already relaxed, sitting and just calmly discussing something. It's kind of annoying. Plus, isn't that the whole point of patches, to get more stuff? I mean it'd be pretty boring if it was 1 patch per class that players got something XD "Oh here comes patch 4.2, but don't expect anything Hunters, you guys got 8 new pet skins in 4.1".

Now, I know, you aren't stating it like that or even that extreme. But it's always what pops into my head when I hear someone call a class "spoiled" or "ungrateful" or that we're "raging" when... they're not any of those things. And I don't really see anyone on this thread being that way either. Just because Blizzard has given me Loque'nahak doesn't mean I'm not going to wish for some other fun non-class changing mechanics. As long as I'm not being a jerk and actually whining about it, what's the harm in pining for something you want?

And of course the size of a pet matters. Everything about our pets matter. XD

You're talking about a class where people will camp one wolf for over 3 days straight just because it's grey and black colored... when there are perfectly acceptable SAME MODEL wolves of a different color wandering around the same area 24/7. Or the people who tame Lupos because they want a rare spawn; to them, having a normal white worg is not the same thing as taming Lupos. Not everyone is like this, but just browsing this Petopia community, or the hunter community in general, you will see that a large portion of the Hunter class' members are like this.

So... isn't it natural to assume that if given a choice to make their pet permanently slightly smaller or slightly larger, that it would matter to those people?

Just because my pet can't get bigger, doesn't mean I'm raging my head of and throwing stuff around the room. But it also doesn't mean I'm not gonna wish my pet could get bigger. It doesn't mean I'm not grateful for all the work my class has had over the years; it just means that there is still something I think that still remains a good idea for Blizzard to consider to maybe change some people's enjoyment of the class a little bit more. There's no harm in that.

And again, I'm sorry if this comes off as a bit jerky, but it really does irk me whenever people tell someone 'well be happy you got something and appreciate what you have' in these types of discussions... cause it's not like we *don't* appreciate what we have, we just want to wish for something more. It's something that's prevelant in every class, in every MMORPG to ever exist. It doesn't make you spoiled, sometimes it's just fun to imagine 'what if'.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

MajorThor wrote:You can believe them if you want. As for me, I know they purposefully left it out of the patch notes because it would make people rage and it did. However, what's now done is done and they won't revert an obviously retarded change. So please lets not continue with this conversation.
You might wanna watch Azeroth Daily and see what TotalBiscuit has to say about people who go "omg conspiracy!". Last I checked, you're far from perfect and make mistakes. Why is it wrong for Blizzard to be human? Blizzard was created by humans, last I checked. Humans are very very flawed. With that I'm ending the conversation.

On a more on-topic, non WoW Forum subject....I agree 100% with Rikaku. No ones whining unless they think Blizzard does things on purpose to screw you over, which most of the 'whiners' are on the WoW Forums here. Not such the case here. Most of us here are just calmly discussing things we'd like to see in the future. The future right now is Patch 4.2.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

"You're talking about a class where people will camp one wolf for over 3 days straight just because it's grey and black colored... when there are perfectly acceptable SAME MODEL wolves of a different color wandering around the same area 24/7. Or the people who tame Lupos because they want a rare spawn; to them, having a normal white worg is not the same thing as taming Lupos. Not everyone is like this, but just browsing this Petopia community, or the hunter community in general, you will see that a large portion of the Hunter class' members are like this."

And yet, ironically, I'm talking to the class who gets upset over the fact there will be new fire turtles, or that there's a brown Madexx. I don't know, I don't think everyone here thinks the same, because heaven knows in the same situation, there are people who would be all, "OH NOES. There are wolves that are white next to Lupos! Get rid of Lupos!"

Edit: I realize now that I should've properly read this quote. I'm just rewording what you said, but my opinion still stands. I think you're generalizing far too much about the hunter class. The amount of hunters who care aren't exactly as high as we'd love to think.

But that's not quite as relevant.

And as for the whole, "What if?" extent of things, that's fine if you calmly say, "Hey, I don't like this because of X." But I see a lot of replies that are all, "GG BLIZZARD. WAY TO BREAK A GLYPH. FAIL." I can -understand- wanting to wish and dream, heavens knows I'd love to have some sort of dragon-esque class. But there's also complaining, which is what I see a lot of.
Last edited by Azunara on Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

i think glyph of lesser proportion AND glyph of greater proportion should have been added in,
for hunters on each side of it
just a glyph though no reason to make a big deal about it

signature thanks to Kurieno
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

@Azu: And? So what if they are? Why does it bother you? Long as it isnt starting any trouble then let people rant.

LisaaraPokefarm

Jatbirkkal
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moonguard

Unread post by Jatbirkkal »

So yeah, I log in, and I never noticed that my corehound was smaller, until I got bored and checked my glyphs. Then I removed the glyph. I noticed that he barely grew. At first I was like :| , but then, I :lol:'d

Thanks to Vephriel for this awsome sig

"One day, this Hydra WILL be mine! I hope"- Me, before hydras were tameable.

This lovely Shale Spider used as my Avatar is made by Lupis <3
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Jessibelle wrote:@Azu: And? So what if they are? Why does it bother you? Long as it isnt starting any trouble then let people rant.
Fine. Ranting is fine. But I just see a barrage of complaining in this forum. This thread, beetle threat, about it being not right that hunter pets can't run besides mounts, hydras not being ready...Sure, a fair amount of them are about suggestions or Madexx/Fire Turtle/Pet not being SPESHUL ENOUGH/"I can't find this pet. Oh no. D:"* Which can still, inevitably, lead to tears.

And I just don't think that's a good image for the forums, considering how much tension there already is. I'm not trying to blame you, Jess, or anyone on their own, I just mean altogether there is tension and complaining and ranting isn't the best thing to add, even if the hate is all pushed to Blizzard.

*To be fair, I have made one or two or three (I think) of those posts, so I'm not leaving myself out of this either.
Marintha
Realm: Gorgonnash

Unread post by Marintha »

I would have used this glyph IF it had been a more dramatic change. When I first heard of the glyph of greater proportion, that was awesome. But the glyph of lesser proportion could've been amazing too.

Of course, I pictured a devilsaur the size of my westfall chicken. Teeny tiny minipet hunter pets. THAT would be adorable.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Azunara wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:@Azu: And? So what if they are? Why does it bother you? Long as it isnt starting any trouble then let people rant.
Fine. Ranting is fine. But I just see a barrage of complaining in this forum. This thread, beetle threat, about it being not right that hunter pets can't run besides mounts, hydras not being ready...Sure, a fair amount of them are about suggestions or Madexx/Fire Turtle/Pet not being SPESHUL ENOUGH/"I can't find this pet. Oh no. D:"* Which can still, inevitably, lead to tears.

And I just don't think that's a good image for the forums, considering how much tension there already is. I'm not trying to blame you, Jess, or anyone on their own, I just mean altogether there is tension and complaining and ranting isn't the best thing to add, even if the hate is all pushed to Blizzard.

*To be fair, I have made one or two or three (I think) of those posts, so I'm not leaving myself out of this either.
I get where you're coming from though I don't think the ranting is whats causing the problems on this forum. It's certain people bullying others instead of being nice. But I digress as such a topic is derailing this thread.

LisaaraPokefarm

Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Unread post by Litlemouse »

I have it as well, since I used to have the glyph of mend pet, and I personally have never noticed the difference >.>

Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

Azunara wrote: I mean, everyone was stupidly excited when there was tiny beetle.
I'd like to cut in here that I wasn't in least bit interested in a tiny beetle. :) Just for the record. Also I don't hate on brown Madexx or the possible common fire turtles. Please don't summarize people.

I for one am certainly not forgetting or dismissing the things that we've gotten so far (heck, I prefer my white saber Halcyon over Sambas any day) and don't rage because we didn't get hydras or call Blizzard "a bunch of jerks" because we didn't get the 'greater' glyph, but I'd still like to voice my interest in them for the sake of future content. Does that make me an ungrateful whiner? I don't think a Lesser proportion glyph was a bad idea; quite the contrary. I'm seeing a profound desire for both. What I think happened with the whole glyph mess was that initially Blizz wanted to make the standard pet size smaller and then give us a glyph to make them big again, but eventually did it the other way around.

I agree that the threads can sometimes get rather heated and pulling the "BLIZZ IS PURPOSELY SCREWING US OVER" type of comment is indeed uncalled for.

I'd also like to add that you can always dismiss your pet when you're at a major city or at a crowded NPC if you want to be considerate of others just like you can dismount off of your mammoth. That would also still be the case even if we had Glyph or greater proportion. What I'm trying to say is that if you want to be an npc blocking jerk then you can do it just fine as things are now. I don't think slightly bigger pets would suddenly make the problem dramatically worse.
Bairde
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Exodar

Unread post by Bairde »

Cerele wrote:i think glyph of lesser proportion AND glyph of greater proportion should have been added in,
for hunters on each side of it
^This
I see what blizzard was trying to do, and I can't blame them for their mistake in announcing it would be anything other than what it is, but if they had just put both in then we wouldn't even be having this discussion other than to say "Yay! My pet is bigger and it's AWESOME!" or "Yay! My pet is smaller and it's ADORABLE :3" And when I hear someone say that hunters get enough flak as it is and having a giant devilsaur blocking everything would only make it worse, all I can think is that EVERY class has idiots who make the class collectively look bad, and hunters are no different. If used responsibly, then a glyph of greater proportion would be exactly what it is supposed to, an asthetic item to make the user happy. Sure, you would have people who have giant corehounds in dungeons telling the other players who are there to "DEALWIDDIT", but who hasn't seen or at least heard of DK's using their water walking to mess with people who are falling into water, or ANYONE with a giant mammoth blocking stuff. That isn't a hunter issue, that is a player issue.

Epic luck charm by the amazingly talented Vephriel

My Stable

Cyone
Realm: Die Nachtwache

Unread post by Cyone »

I'm happy with the "smaller" glyph because there are some pets that are constantly blocking not only my view but also others in fight. But they are nice and I like to keep them.
There could be a "bigger" glyph for those players, who like their pets huge.

But the best thing would be an addition to the pet-window. 3 checkboxes with "small", "normal" and "big" size. To give each pet its own size.
Because now without glyph, my Zaricotel constantly flaps his wing in my face, but with the glyph my fox looks more like a vanity pet then a cunning killer. :|
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Cyone wrote:I'm happy with the "smaller" glyph because there are some pets that are constantly blocking not only my view but also others in fight. But they are nice and I like to keep them.
There could be a "bigger" glyph for those players, who like their pets huge.

But the best thing would be an addition to the pet-window. 3 checkboxes with "small", "normal" and "big" size. To give each pet its own size.
Because now without glyph, my Zaricotel constantly flaps his wing in my face, but with the glyph my fox looks more like a vanity pet then a cunning killer. :|
I like your idea. Maybe it costs like...5 or 10g to change their size.

LisaaraPokefarm

Ijomi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ijomi »

Especially with some favored pet types, larger pets are honestly the last thing a group needs in tight quarters like SFK, Deadmines, etc. And the argument that other players need to "L2keyboard/tab" is pointless, for the same can be said of hunters learning to use a normal-sized or smaller-sized pet....except I can't help but feel allowing the other players in the group to comfortably see what they are attacking is more important than some cosmetic glyph. It doesn't improve YOUR damage meter, but it likely will improve theirs. Other classes always dream of more things, just like we do.....except our pets can directly impact the gameplay of other players.

Hunters are an excellent solo class, but the "solo" ends when you queue up. In a group, in a raid, it is no longer all about our shinies then. If it still is, well.....that to me is the line between "hunter" and "huntard". :|

I use the glyph, and back to the original post, I wouldn't mind a little greater lesser proportion. :lol: WTB my tiny tank back. But even then, I do see how the other extreme is likely problematic in some gameplay, so I'll just hug my mid-sized tank and laugh at all the screenshots I took back in the day if it's got to be. Zul'Jin never saw it coming, literally.

Didn't stop me from dropping it in the suggestions thread for Noah, though. ;)

Let me give Runty a good home. :hug:
Flight Rising!
deviantART!

MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by MajorThor »

Jessibelle wrote:
MajorThor wrote:You can believe them if you want. As for me, I know they purposefully left it out of the patch notes because it would make people rage and it did. However, what's now done is done and they won't revert an obviously retarded change. So please lets not continue with this conversation.
You might wanna watch Azeroth Daily and see what TotalBiscuit has to say about people who go "omg conspiracy!". Last I checked, you're far from perfect and make mistakes. Why is it wrong for Blizzard to be human? Blizzard was created by humans, last I checked. Humans are very very flawed. With that I'm ending the conversation.

On a more on-topic, non WoW Forum subject....I agree 100% with Rikaku. No ones whining unless they think Blizzard does things on purpose to screw you over, which most of the 'whiners' are on the WoW Forums here. Not such the case here. Most of us here are just calmly discussing things we'd like to see in the future. The future right now is Patch 4.2.

Yo! Been out of town for my b-day with my lady or else I would have responded sooner.

I could understand human error to an extent as I don't demand perfection. But what I do NOT understand is...when the patch notes are revised again and again before they're even released to the general public and for MONTHS for certain huge things like the Conquest Point change which, if you're above 2200...you literally have to win upwards of about 17+ games to reach your max points that at one point, took less than 10 and countless people HATE this change. The same goes for the glyph, on the Officals and MMO-Champ there was a HUGE playerbase all super excited for the Greater Proportion glyph who were making threads on it. Fast Forward to JUST before Patch-Day.. "Whoops, that was supposed to be LESSER...not GREATER...my bad." with a severe sense of insincerity/apathy.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Its just a glyyyyyyph @_@ like, yea i wish they gave it a 'on' or 'off' option because it is embeded into the spellbook and they got rid of stuff like our quivers and ammo to free us and make things not so uneccesarilly taxing on our gold and so we dont go ammo-less in dungeons and raids and i sure as hell aint gonna carry around a few stacks of dust (specially cause my bags are full enough already even at 20 slots ea.) but like.. if you dont want tiny pets, dont use the glyph... no ranting required..

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |