Icepaw Bear

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Icepaw Bear

Unread post by Kurenio »

Well since the teeny bettle that could isn't teeny anymore I don't feel so attached to it anymore it was a great 4 days but blizzard ruined it. So I was wondering if its possible to tame this beautiful white bear with its glowing blue paws still glowing

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=29319
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Re: Icepaw Bear

Unread post by Redith »

Nope theres no way sorry man
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

You can Once upon a time you could abandon macro tame it but upon death it will lose the glow effect. I had one for a while but the novelty wore off after a while since I couldn't take it anywhere.
Last edited by peanutbuttercup on Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

oh well thats no good hmm... I blame blizzard for everything that is all lol
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

Nope not anymore. The /petabandon ( ) macro has been patched. The only way (Not tested) is Death on Tame which is all about timing. View some of Griffley's posts and you might find something :D

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Had they removed the macro this patch? I was under the impression that it still worked!
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Acherontia wrote:Had they removed the macro this patch? I was under the impression that it still worked!
I can not test it out because I am no longer a WoW subscriber for the time being, but maybe either the posters who are saying it was patched are just going by what Blizzard said several months ago and don't realize it still can be done.... or it was patched VERY recently and I do not know about it.

Either way... the answer on how to do it can be found on these forums, but if it still works and the original poster nabs a glowing paw bear he needs to realize that if it dies or he enters the arena match that the bear will lose the glow.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by WildcatTM »

I tried it on before patch day and it worked just fine. I don't have much of a reason to try presently since I have all I wanted.

Skeeter
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: azshara

Unread post by Skeeter »

i am 100% positive you can! I recently tamed a crunk crab from SoS, and im assuming the bear lies under the "Loses appearance on death" category, so it makes the tame more luck than the flaming boars, oil soaked beasts, lone hunter and purple bears, so if you have a patient friend, who doesnt lag, it can be tamed without the macro.

What i do:
1. Harass Guild members and RL Friends to help me tame something
2.Once i get a companion, i make them Focus me, with Casting Bars on
3. Both of you target the Beast (Bear in this case)
4. YOU shoot it down into 1 shot-able range (1 shotable for your partner)
5. Begin the tame.
6. Spam Revive Pet as fast as possible (if Revive Pet cancels Tame Beast, relog, it should be fixed)
7. Have your partner MELEE or INSTANT cast (dont shoot anything, travel time messes up timing, I.E. I use Raptor Strike when i help people)
8.Now if done correctly, your pet should just disappear, not die, not "Ding" and run by your side, just vanish, no death animation, nothing, just gone.
9. If 8 failed, go back to step 3
10. So lets assume your pet vanishes, now, depending on whether or not your pet keeps its Appearance through death or not, your now at Luck's mercy (as far as i know)
10a. You manage to continue casting Revive Pet, Revive your pet, NO BUFF ALERT! Your pet unfortunately does not keep its Cool Appearance through Death D:
10b. You manage to continue casting Revive pet, Revive your pet, WOOT BLUE PAWS (or w/e your appearance may be). GREAT NEWS EVERYONE! This pet keeps its appearance through death! Kill it all you want!
10c. Your pet vanished, but pressing Revive Pet replies to with "You have a current pet active" or something like that, this is the best news for you, because whether or not your pet keeps its appearance through death or not, it will have its appearance after you simply relog! But be warned, this does not verify if it can keep its buff through death! So be extra careful, just incase!
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Acherontia wrote:Had they removed the macro this patch? I was under the impression that it still worked!
This. If you're going to claim that it no longer works, you should say as of when.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

It still works, it's just a bit more complicated now. Seems to work best if you tame the pet you want in the first slot normally, then dismiss it and abandon-tame the second.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Danejah
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Danejah »

Just got this beauty with the help of a guildmate.

You DO have to lower their health in order for a melee to one shot them. Well worth the 30+ ones I had to kill in an attempt x.x
Signature done by Ashaine, who is a god at Signatures!
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wait... are you saying they keep the icepaw glow after death now? O.o
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

I want to say it was inbetween 4.1 and 4.2 when they patched it (so maybe it got fixed in 4.1) because i was on my night elf hunter (before 4.2, havent played her since the patch was released) and was spamming the hell outta it for an hour and relogging after every 3 wolves (i was going for oil-stailed) and never got the wolf.

(Before the suspected fix) My other hunter who i tried it with got it within 5 minutes, i was also able to tame several beasts with special buffs in mere minutes-- if that, so i know i got damn good timing.

I had to start the Lupus Pupus quest to pull it off cause my guildy couldnt pull off a killing blow fast enough or was too fast most of the time and we had deemed the quest would make the process faster. We then decided to try for the ghostly blue-green two-headed vultures from blades edge and i gave up after 2 hours, he decided to keep to it and instead use the pet ressurection method and about an hour later he got his bird (he btw had actually given up on the macro about an hour in, he has really bad timing lol)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Acherontia wrote:Wait... are you saying they keep the icepaw glow after death now? O.o
Killed one of these to test while I was on my way to farm my Protodragon. No sign of the glow. :(
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Kurasu wrote:
Acherontia wrote:Wait... are you saying they keep the icepaw glow after death now? O.o
Killed one of these to test while I was on my way to farm my Protodragon. No sign of the glow. :(
That's bizarre... so

"Just got this beauty with the help of a guildmate.

You DO have to lower their health in order for a melee to one shot them. Well worth the 30+ ones I had to kill in an attempt x.x"

^ Are you saying that you got the Icepaw Bear somehow through the use of the kill-revive method, Danejah? How does this work, if the buff doesn't last through death normally? If there's a way to get the pets with buffs that are lost on death USING the death method, please update us... Or am I completely misunderstanding?
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

The person who necroed the thread was talking about using the Kill/Revive method to get Ice-pawed Icepaw Bears, unless I misunderstood. The bringing up of the petabandon method was unrelated as far as I can tell, so I ignored it for now--I just want to know what Danejah meant by saying they got the icepaw bears through the kill/revive?
Danejah
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Danejah »

Yes. I did the kill/revive method and my bear has glowy blue paws. I had to weaken the bear to about 5-6k health and then a Death Knight guildmate of mine would watch my taming bar until the last second before killing the bear and me spamming revive. Took about 10+ bears to get it done, but I was very happy when I logged back in after getting the "Your pet is not dead" error and seeing those glowing blue paws! Though they aren't as glowy as they seem to be in other photos. I'll take a picture of him for you:

Hard to time the picture with the glowing of the paws! If you can't see them, Feel free to make a toon on Argent Dawn. I'm thinking about replacing him, due to the softness of the glow, but he stays for now.

Oh and I have to add that I got the wolf from Ashenvale in its ghost form last night. That one took a LOT longer to get, but I got lucky after a while @_@
Signature done by Ashaine, who is a god at Signatures!
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Hmm, I suppose it doesn't count as "dead" then when it tames? I'd ask you to see if it keeps them after death after taming, but that's probably not something you want to risk :lol:

Thank you for the information!