Unloved pet family love thread!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kaelys
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Re: Unloved pet family love thread!

Unread post by Kaelys »

I love bats, even with the iffy models.

Kaelys has had his bat, Fang, since level 10. Fang is always the first pet to be leveled, the only pet who PvPs, the one who tags along about 50% of the time when I'm RPing and my companion for my various crazy ideas.

I have a monkey on both my hunters, primarily for silly guild runs where we let the monkeys run around like little fuzzy killing machines. I like them, but at the same time the wonky run sort of bothers me.

Moths are awesome as well and I have one on each hunter. I really love the sort of less showy ones.

Nether rays sort of give me the creeps. I've tried one on Kaenn and it just didn't work.
Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

I keep having flashbacks of way back when Tyuriwen was just a baby hunter, going to Bloodmyst Isle and seeing those gorgeous massive blue moths and wishing they were tameable...but by the time they were made tameable, and the fact they didn't retain their size when tamed, made me think I was probably just awe-struck.

Does anyone have a Vale Moth by the way? I always see people who own moths with the completely white one, I'm thinking of picking one up myself. The lilac eyes have sold me. <3

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

rubybeam
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by rubybeam »

One of my alt hunters has a vale moth, it was the first pet she got (She was created when hunters didn't have pets at lv.1) she abadoned it and retamed it though, I thought I would hate the grey skin at first but I love it <3
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Jatbirkkal
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moonguard

Unread post by Jatbirkkal »

This MAY just be my server, but I hardly ever see silithids... (Minus the bosses, those pop up, but not nearly as often as I would expect.), I myself can only love the Ant silithid, but I REALLY love him. :headbang:

And once again, maybe just my server, but does anyone feel sorry for rinos? They really don't get too much use. :?
I've actually seen only one or two rino's in my entire time on Moonguard.

Thanks to Vephriel for this awsome sig

"One day, this Hydra WILL be mine! I hope"- Me, before hydras were tameable.

This lovely Shale Spider used as my Avatar is made by Lupis <3
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rhinos are probably the most unloved class. I kinda blame Blizzard because they made them completely useless.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Aw, Rhinos...love 'em, such friendly giants, but a knockback? Bleh. I would love to get one on my hunter alt though, when she's high enough. =) I think I like Rhinos because they're similiar to Clefthooves/Kodos, who I've ALWAYS wanted as a pet. One of the reasons I rolled Tauren was because you could have a Kodo for a mount, I really really love them xD
Last edited by Tyuriwen on Sun May 01, 2011 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Jatbirkkal
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I love rhinos knockback, even though it's not terribly useful, it makes a good "Second disengage" imo. If they added a two second stun to the knockback, I'd roll one regardless of the suckish bleed thing :D

I always hated the bleed, because (to my knowledge) bm has no bleed effect attacks. MM does, but rinos are BM pets. It makes me :evil:

And try to tell me that ABing, and throwing someone from LM's cliff isn't satisfying? :twisted:

Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I see your point, that sounds like a lot of fun! :P Edit: And one of the pets I can't live without is Ickis, my Yellow Silithid! He's just so freaking bubbly and energetic and I LUFF HIM <3

Okay, so I made the trip to Azuremyst...and I can honestly say I didn't realise how beautiful the Vale Moths are now! And the translucency of the wings...the dust...aiee! <3

Her name is Veera, and thanks to the fast levelling up she went from 1-85 instantly, and is now ready for PvP =3

{My Pets|My Mounts}

rubybeam

I forgot about rinos...
*is mauled by milky* Im sorry wont happen again D:
iKrow
Realm: Undermine

Unread post by iKrow »

I'm particularly a weird person. Alot of people hate the bug pets, I like them all alot, for some odd reason I can't explain, because IRL I'm terrified of them.

By bugs, I mean; Spiders, Silithids, Wasps, Beetles, Ravagers, Scorpids, Worms, Nether Rays and Sporebats.

I don't know why really, I just find alot of them either awesome looking, intimidating or adorable, which are words you should... probably describe them with xD
Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

It might be because they're a lot more flamboyant/otherwordly/cartoony when compared to their real life counterparts, which might trick your brain into thinking they're nothing like the ones you're scared or in real life, even though you know they're based on them.

Same with me and mushrooms. I'm petrified of them, but I'm absolutely obsessed with Mario Mushrooms. They're just so damn adorable. =3

On topic: Non-Madexx scorpids. I haven't seen one since Madexx was released. =( I like the pink ones myself <3

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

2 appreciation doodles =3 (anything's better than revision, haha)

Ickis and Veera respectively. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Pics were a bit big :lol:

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I have a Silithid on my tauren hunter, a green one named Issun just to match my Loque, Waka, and my Gondria, Sakuya.
Cx

I also have a seagull, a pet I very rarely see anywhere.

I also don't see my Brobeetle, Sefu, anywhere either.
Had him since the quest that phased him, fell in love immediately.
Crazy S.O.B helped me solo tank down Myzerian for his head. He never fell below half health with my mend pet on him at all times. :D

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Jatbirkkal
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

For me it was the amithist, purpley, beetle :D, I was feeling uncreative so I named him Alhakar :P

I prefer the insectoid species to the mammalian, and I also love reptiles. And I use the green non-maddex scorpid, aswell as the white/blue one.

rubybeam

I was thinking about it and to add to this thread
I never see boars or serpents now, no one seems to have non-cataclymic crocolisks, or the original crabs, I never see any tallstriders either
Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Or bears...

I tamed a Felboar (named Felbacon!) and absolutely adored him wiggling his little fel butt. =3 But I had to let him go because, again, my stable isn't big enough, haha.

Serpents haven always been a bit too blocky for me. =s It's the whole bat situation all over again, I absolutely love snakes in real life, but these ones are just...meh. Would love to tame the other serpent model, would definately use that =)

I'm guilty of the Cata Croc Syndrome. They just look gorgeous against their counterpart, the updated graphics, the sleek jaw, the eyes...everything about them is just better, to me. Before the Cata crocs I never thought about picking up a croc, but the new ones have opened up a new family to me.

I had an original crab when they were hot in PvP, got the massive blue one from Borean Tundra =) She didn't last very long (then again, nor did my new Cata crab, or my Ghostcrawler), so I guess me and crabs just dont go, haha! :lol:

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Jatbirkkal
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Not one for crabs, I HAD an armored black boar (LOVED him, HATED his ability. Occasionally useful in MM, however.))

I do, however, love the serpent models. Went through a LOT of trouble on a lowbie hunter to get a purple/white one. Named him Wrath.

Have a white non cata croc on thatsame hunter, Gluttony.

pengupuff
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall

Unread post by pengupuff »

Admittedly I'm not a huge fan of most of the pets you listed (except for bats, but their model looks pretty bad). I do love the moths though, especially the new grey one. I've tamed several moths to try and find one that works, but I play a male character and the moths seem to just... detract from his masculinity. :lol:

I mean, male blood elves get a bad enough rep as it is, he doesn't need what is essentially a butterfly following him around everywhere.

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

Check out my stable!

Kaelys
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Kaelys »

I have a non-Madexx scorpid on my lower level hunter. The brownish one with the robin's egg blue underbelly. She's a tough little beastie.
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

If my stables were bigger, I would tame a crab in an instant. Love their clicky walk~.

Same with rhinos, except it'd help if their ability wasn't so useless except for questing.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||