Has anyone checked these beasts... ?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Has anyone checked these beasts... ?

Unread post by Wain »

In the new Horde and Alliance quest chains that lead you into Stranglethorn and then to Zul'Gurub there are phased spawning brown serpents:

- Jungle Serpents spawn around the eastern half of Northern Stranglethorn, and are probably the first you'll encounter.
- Razzashi Serpents spawn around Nesingwary's camp in the same zone, but serve no quest purpose that I can see, other than aesthetics.

Both are gone again once you complete the chain, so can no longer be checked. Did anyone think to check them for tameability? If so, could you please report here, and also which faction you were? :) (Wowhead says Jungle Serpents are friendly to Horde, but I suspect that is bollocks).

Also in the same quest chain, the cat:
- Mauti

If anyone checked them, please post here. Thanks :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Has anyone checked these beasts... ?

Unread post by Lisaara »

Mauti is untameable as far as I'm aware.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

I beast lored all of them while questing through, fairly sure none were tameable--I'm 100% sure that Mauti was not. I'll see if I ss'd it; I try to make a habit of pressing Print Screen every time I beast lore something new, as my memory is terribad :roll:

Edit--found the one of Mauti, but can't find the snakes' ones. I'm 90% sure they weren't tameable; I remember checking the ones at both areas.

(And no, neither serpent type was friendly to Horde!)
Attachments
Mauti.png
Mauti.png (38.95 KiB) Viewed 1678 times
Last edited by Acherontia on Mon May 02, 2011 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Mauti was not tameable, sadly. :( I checked him too since I would love the black saber model with glowing green eyes.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Jungle Serpents were not tameable, nor was Mauti (Mauti? I suspect wasn't either, but was also dead when I showed up so I couldn't beast lore it). I didn't see (and therefore didn't check) the Razzashi serpents while I was at Nesingwary's :x
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks guys! :) So it looks like we just need to confirm the Razzashi Serpents. I just wanted to add them to Petopia for completeness, though they're obviously not of great significance if they're only there for one phase.
Fafnir
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Fafnir »

The Razzashi serpents show up red-named, but are not attackable in any way that I've tried. They aren't even classified as beasts, show up as type Unknown to me.

The 'fake' Mauti? (with the question mark) is not tameable either.
Last edited by Fafnir on Mon May 02, 2011 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Fafnir wrote:The Razzashi serpents show up red-named, but are not attackable in any way that I've tried.
Aha! I admit I never tried, when I should have. Does that mean they're not actually targettable and you can't even use beast lore? or just not initiate an attack? :)
Fafnir
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Fafnir »

You can target them, but you can't interact with them in any way, not even beast lore.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Cool, thanks everyone for your help :) I added them to the corrections thread and will add them with the next pile of fixes.
Baihu
Realm: Barthilas; Ner'zul

Unread post by Baihu »

Here's one I really want to check.

Are the Amani snakes that Hex Lord's siphoned Snake Trap spell tameable? I didn't see if they were called his 'guardians', or just summoned mobs.

Interested because they are 'normal' snakes, not the cobras. But trying to tame them if they are tameable would be quite possibly the most epic tame ever (yes even more so than The Beast or Chrommagus).

First you have to get to Hex Lord, so you have to complete over half of ZA. THEN, you need him to Siphon you in the encounter. THEN you need him to use the snakes and hope he doesn't do the Frozen Trap close to you. THEN you need to some how take aggro on the snake while still being held, worse if they aren't even CCable. Heck to survive, you'd prolly need a Heroism/Bloodlust + a haste Pot at least + Rapid fire.

Of course, all depends if they're tameable in the first place.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

On a related note, during the Hex Lord Malacrass fight in Zul'Aman, the randomly spawned serpent named Slither is sadly not tameable. He uses the white serpent model.
Fafnir
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Fafnir »

The Amani Snakes (the snake trap snakes) aren't tameable according to Beast Lore.