The hunt, it calls to me...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

The hunt, it calls to me...

Unread post by Ryno »

It's calling. That deep down feeling when you know of something you want.

No, I have chocolate.

I'm talking about taming a certain pet! Not just any pet. King Krush (http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=32485)

I know pretty much all I could about needing to tame him, and then some. I've seen him several times on different occasions when I was camping him, but everytime some schmuck would show up and mess me up. Either another hunter, being cruel, or simply some ignorant person *coughFemaleDwarfcough*. Probably gonna be logging in randomly at odd times on Nesingwary on my hunter, just to scan for him...

So if anyone has a toon in Sholazar and has any sightings, or hears about someone killing him on Nesingwary or such, that info would be appreciated. ;)

And yes, I will have to name him Reptar as my childhood demands it.

*I went alliance side on my main realm (this was before I transferred my hunter, awhile back) and talked to the dwarf. She said she had no idea I was taming him (she showed up about half way into taming) and was totally baffled when I spammed /no /stop /wait /beg emotes at her. She thought I was trying to grief her.

Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Re: The hunt, it calls to me...

Unread post by Aquillian »

I've been searching since I hit 80 myself. Which was a loooong time ago now. I've never even seen him dead... but I've been looking in earnest just lately. I'll let you know what I discover and when/if I finally see him (at this point I'd be happy to just see the darn thing!) I'll note down the time.

EDIT: Not that I'm on your server but... *shrug* Can't hurt I guess. oO;
swimgremlin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Stormreaver

Unread post by swimgremlin »

I'm right there with you ryno. I've begun collecting more emblems to get a second set of T9 gear so that I can gem pure haste and stamina.

I've had Krush stolen from me three times now. Twice by players and once by a Nessingwary guard who decided she should venture away from the camp...

Always remember to shoot him once and tag him. It'll discourage others from stealing him from you.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Aquillian wrote:I've been searching since I hit 80 myself. Which was a loooong time ago now. I've never even seen him dead... but I've been looking in earnest just lately. I'll let you know what I discover and when/if I finally see him (at this point I'd be happy to just see the darn thing!) I'll note down the time.

EDIT: Not that I'm on your server but... *shrug* Can't hurt I guess. oO;
Hehe, ok. Yeah, can't hurt. Always fun to share when camping a rare.

Log, 92-39-392... still in this jungle... I'm wondering if it's worth it... ooo saronite, brb...

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

swimgremlin wrote:I'm right there with you ryno. I've begun collecting more emblems to get a second set of T9 gear so that I can gem pure haste and stamina.

I've had Krush stolen from me three times now. Twice by players and once by a Nessingwary guard who decided she should venture away from the camp...

Always remember to shoot him once and tag him. It'll discourage others from stealing him from you.
D'aw, stupid people stealing him. :( And Nesingwary, train your flunkies better!

Shooting him once sounds like a good idea, I'll do that if I see him.

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

Never actually been looking for the guy or wanting to hunt him.
Though ive been mining in Sholazar basin ever sins hitting 80 (long ago) and only seen him once. He had just spawned under The Makers pearch, lived for maybe 30 sec before another farmer came and killed him.

Ive been considering trying once or twice to tame him if i ever would run into it. But no sightings so far. No sign of the parrot either.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Well, still no sign of Big Green and Stompy on my end. Not even a corpse. I did, however, find Aotona! And even better, my friend that's wanted to tame her for over a month now finally got her chance.

No one even showed up near Aotona -- it gives me hope for when/if Krush shows up, that I'll get similarly lucky. I was able to keep Ao trapped for a good 5 minutes while she made her way to the basin without incident.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Aquillian wrote:Well, still no sign of Big Green and Stompy on my end. Not even a corpse. I did, however, find Aotona! And even better, my friend that's wanted to tame her for over a month now finally got her chance.

No one even showed up near Aotona -- it gives me hope for when/if Krush shows up, that I'll get similarly lucky. I was able to keep Ao trapped for a good 5 minutes while she made her way to the basin without incident.
Wow, very nice! And congratulations to your friend. :D

Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Okay. Now that I'm decently coherent.

The king of the basin... is by my side. After 12+ attempts, 4 deaths, and with the help of 2 fellow horde and one wonderful, amazing alliance paladin... he's mine.

I don't even... I don't even know where to start O_O I'd been logged in for 11 hours when NPCscan bellowed at me as I was literally making my last pass of the day (I'd already told people I was logging and everything) and bam. Big green is right there. I about died. I tried once with my macro:

/tar king krush
/cast bestial wrath
/cast scorpid sting
/script PetAbandon()

And a haste pot.

He stomped my face in. D: So I feigned. And then an alliance paladin swooped in. I wanted to cry, I knew it was over. I did /beg and said aloud "please no"... and to my shock he cheered at me rather than /loling and killing the beast. I tried again to tame. I died. At that point the paladin was gone, but I got a whisper saying "try your frost arrow trap" -- the paladin made a horde alt to help. He suggested several things. I frantically tried them while asking for help in general, begging people to leave him alone, and offering to pay for help. A priest took up the offer and flew down.

From there things were hazy. Attempt after attempt was made, with mistiming and death. The paladin logged back over and was incredible enough to aggro him and keep him tapped each time I had to res/eat/drink. I couldn't believe the kindness on his part and the priest. Then my fiance logged into his paladin and tried to help as well.

And then, after at least 14 attempts, the stars aligned. I started the tame with deterrence active. "Fear ward" I said in party -- I got fear ward. Seconds passed, and passed, and passed. My health dropped. "Heal please" -- I got a small heal. Just enough to let me survive, without pulling aggro.

And he was MINE. I would've cried if I wasn't panic-stricken and exhausted. I handed 500 gold to the priest and spammed /love at anyone and everyone around me. I could NOT have done it alone. :S My full relentless/furious glad and PVP set, which gives me 24k health buffed, wasn't nearly enough to survive an unhasted tame. But with one heal I did it.

Anyway, sorry for babbling. He spawned at 1:25 PM on Cenarion Circle and did NOT go down easy!

Obligatory screenshot:
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2532/w ... 134107.jpg

And a huge, HUGE thanks to Tytannial the Paladin, Fireesin the Priest and Sularyn the Paladin for their help. He would not be mine without that trio >.<; I was cocky and thought I'd be okay with 24k health and 1 haste pot. I was wrooong. Anyone else on the hunt, be prepared, heh.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wow, major congrats Aqua!!! Epic tales like that always make the tame that much more memorable and worth it.

I'm still glad that I prefer my black Devilsaur skin to the green. xD Not that it isn't awesome looking, but the Black is more to my tastes and therefore I don't have to put myself through that kind of ordeal, haha.

Any plans of naming him? :D
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

To be honest, I like the black skin too, but I wanted Krush for the challenge of the tame. As much as I love how rare Loque and Arcturis are, as well as my Shy'Rotam, I've always wanted a pet that was difficult to find AND to tame, just... I dunno, because! I'm crazy or something oO; Thanks though! I have no idea what to name him just yet. Nothing feels epic enough, hah!
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Haha, yeah I totally understand what you mean about the Thrill of the Tame. It was that sort of feeling when I tamed The Beast, but Krush must have been so much harder for being his level range. o.o

Even just reading your post gave me that sort of adrenaline that you must have felt. I love that feeling. ^_^

And naming will definitely be the hardest part I imagine. Sometimes with creatures like that I feel obligated to give them their true name out of respect. I would probably just name him 'Krush', but that's me. :D
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Aquillian wrote:I wanted Krush for the challenge of the tame. As much as I love how rare Loque and Arcturis are, as well as my Shy'Rotam, I've always wanted a pet that was difficult to find AND to tame, just... I dunno, because! I'm crazy or something oO;
Well said.

Congratulations on your tame. :D

Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Indeed, the adrenaline rush is what makes it so much fun I think! I ended up naming him Coriander. An odd name I suppose but it just seemed fitting. And who doesn't like coriander? >.>;

And thanks Ryno! How goes your search?
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Aquillian wrote:How goes your search?
On the back burner for now. Trying to get my druid up actually at the moment. Once he's 80 then he can help more with the guild, plus his alchemy can make haste potions for everyone.

My hunter has actually been towed around wherever my druid is leveling currently, keeping the NPC killing alliance at bay. ;)

Hawkshadow
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Ravenholdt

Unread post by Hawkshadow »

King Krush was the hardest pet i have ever tamed. Ever.

I found him dead atleast 10 times.

Was taming him when a rogue decided to kill me (pvp realms hate me) This happened twice. Two different days. Same rogue.

Another time i was 2 seconds from finishing the tame when he feared me, then FD decided to resist and i died. I ran back to find him dead. /wrists

At long last though, i was able to tame him. He is now my fav pet :) named him Krush lol get whispers about him all the time

Turgus
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravencrest

Unread post by Turgus »

Congrats on your tame!
When I saw that there was a green devilsaur out there I had to make him my friend and companion. His skin color is spectacular, so much nicer than the others. (my opinion of course)
it took me 6 weeks of active hunting and a bounty of 600 gold on his head before I found him alive. I came across his corpse several time mere moments too late before I was able to tame with the help of a kind druid who kept me alive.
It was easily the most difficult and rewarding tame I have ever done.

Good hunting with your new companion! He will serve you well.