Dear "Noah" - Thank You

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: Dear "Noah" - Thank You

Unread post by Kurasu »

sameyer716 wrote:I think that the next time we're lucky enough to get rare pets put into the game, Noah deserves to have one named after him!
SECONDED! SECONDED! I've already been considering naming one of my pets 'Noah'. I just don't know which one would be best. Having a 'Noah' rare around would be perfect. Plus, only the Petopians (or those with them) would know. :D

Hmmm. Maybe a Stablemaster somewhere named Noah, too?
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

He has to be an NPC somewhere on a little boat with animals on it. :D
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Vephriel wrote:He has to be an NPC somewhere on a little boat with animals on it. :D
I still say Mylune needs to be a questgiver on said boat. She'll collect the wee animals while Noah collects the big ones! ;)

Kurasu, there are SO MANY pets he's given us that could serve as "Noah" pets, it's hard to choose! D: I went with Takk myself, but somehow, Kallimon ended up with a Deth'tilac named Noahmon on the PTR....:lol:

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Jäysee
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Jäysee »

Kurasu wrote:
sameyer716 wrote:I think that the next time we're lucky enough to get rare pets put into the game, Noah deserves to have one named after him!
SECONDED! SECONDED! I've already been considering naming one of my pets 'Noah'. I just don't know which one would be best. Having a 'Noah' rare around would be perfect. Plus, only the Petopians (or those with them) would know. :D

Hmmm. Maybe a Stablemaster somewhere named Noah, too?
I already said I would name my Zombie Bear after Noah, and still feel the same way! :D

ZoMbIe BeAr WiLl EaT yOuR BrAiNs!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Dear Noah ~

So, where do we start, so many things to thank you for....

Your time, (So many hours or work)
Your patience, (I know most of us have probably tested yours once or twice ;) )
Your dedication, (Keeping at it and with us, time and time again)
Going above and beyond your job, (To help and cater to a rather small niche of players)
Taking our ideas, thoughts, feedback on board (Skin, after skin, after model, after model, after challenge, after challenge... Even answering questions straight up at times, (Via Mr Wain ~ bless him too) I mean wow, I know no other Dev who's as interested and gunning for our causes, seriously... just so appreciative)

I really could go on, and on..... and on :D but honestly, as all of us here will agree....

Thankyou! for being so super to us, as a class, community, and gamers.

S.b.~

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Parkour
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Mug'thol

Unread post by Parkour »

I must be lost or something but uh... who is noah?
Kalliope

Parkour wrote:I must be lost or something but uh... who is noah?
He is our benefactor and guardian angel! Also an all-around awesome guy. But to answer your question, he happens to be a Blizzard dev who lurks these very forums. ;)

:mrgreen:

Here's Veph's quote from page 1. ;)
Vephriel wrote:Wain here from the forums was one of the first people to have direct contact with Noah. You can check out this thread from when he went to Blizzard HQ and met him in person. :)
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 7&p=149802

Noah's nickname comes from the tale of Noah's Ark. He's done so much to save the animals of Azeroth, never leaving any behind, so it just sort of stuck. :D

YouTube Edition

Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

I agree with the giving of thanks to Noah! I know a lot of people aren't happy about what's going on next patch, but Noah, you've made my spectral collecting Belf Hunter happy as a ghostly clam!

And even though I'm scared of spiders IRL, Deth really has me considering on my main Hunter. See what you've done to me? :P

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

Thanks for putting up with our endless requests for more pets, I'm looking forward to what you've got in store for us in the upcoming patches!

BTW that pick of Noah's Ark with hunter pets on it = awesome
Raytor
Realm: Blade's Edge

Unread post by Raytor »

I'm new to petopia but i have bee a hunter for a year now but i must say that Noah must the very best Dev to do all this stuff for us so Thank You Noah !
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

A heartfell thankyou on behalf of the hunter community. I am so greatfull and happy for all the improvements which has been implemented :)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

fab55
Realm: Frostwolf

Unread post by fab55 »

Thanks dude! Taming Kirix and Skitterflame was easily the most fun I've had in WOW.
Kaellan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Kaellan »

I want to add my thanks as well. My favorite patch so far was the revamp of Winterspring. So many new kitties..so little stable slots :mrgreen: I love the Noah pic as well. :D

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

I am not currently playing and I am unsure if I ever will start the game up again... mainly because of a certain mob/pet that eluded me for far too long and me burning myself out camping him for far too long.

But I would like to thank Noah just for the mere fact that he was able to do things in the game that made people here smile and laugh, and disregarding how it sometimes felt like he was only listening with one ear towards a select few he still did an awesome job of trying to make everyone happy.

My problem is my own now, and I am unsure if I was to come back to fiddle with the new rares if it would even be worth it on my part. I am unsure how many of the new rares require "special" equipment to tame, how many hours would it take for me to even acquire said rares, and which rares would I actually feel the "need" to abandon from my stables to make room...

I think it may be best if I was to just stay away, maybe. :? :(
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

My first response was something more sarcastic. But I'll say this... this has been a really positive thread. No matter how tempted anyone is to indulge any bitterness or jadedness, please refrain :) A passive-agressive thanks isn't positive, nor is it really a thank-you.
Last edited by Wain on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

I'm not playing really any more, however, thank you Noah :)

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Your contributions have provided so much for so many. Thank you Noah!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

Wain wrote:My first response was something more sarcastic. But I'll say this... this has been a really positive thread. No matter how tempted anyone is to indulge any bitterness or jadedness, please refrain :) A passive-agressive thanks isn't positive, nor is it really a thank-you.
Too bad I missed your first response then. I believe it would have been a lot more fun to reply back to. :hug:

I am not bitter towards Noah at all, and I do think he has done wonderful things for hunters everywhere. Me saying that sometimes it felt like he was only listening to a select few is how anyone in the industry would be... he can't please everyone and usually the ones who aren't pleased are the loudest complainers.

I meant no disrespect, seriously. It's just how things are in the world, and I know it is true because my friends at G4 and the sound designer I know have never been able to please 100% of the people all the time.

But seriously... in order to tame the new rares would I need raid gear or what? ;)
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Kalliope

You don't need raid gear, just the correct specs and/or preparation. :) There's not a single tame in this group that requires gear (even Kirix; the haste can be obtained in other ways).

(<3 this design)

YouTube Edition