The unlovable.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

The unlovable.

Unread post by evil950510 »

So there are enough threads about best looking pets; however, I have not seen one about most unlikable skin for a pet. I personally never liked the skin for the lionesses, find them too plain for my taste, or old school raptors due to them having necklaces and feathers. That’s my own option though, but I sure everyone must have one pet they would never want.
Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Re: The unlovable.

Unread post by Miyon »

Sambas. So damn ugly.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

All sprit beasts apart from Ghostcrawler.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

For me, it's Sambas and Loque...Sambas has a spacey derp face that I can't get past, Loque has..."heavily stylized" anatomy that makes me cringe. I have him in my stables, but I only keep him around to laugh at and make cool 'cat in a wind tunnel' noises.

I rarely see older skins at all, anymore, come to think of it - everyone's stables seem so laden with the new spirit beasts/plans for spiders/hydras/unicorns/phoenixes/stags/worgen/druids/pocket devs/rares named after, by and for Noah - but I don't think they're "unlovable". People love the old world raptors and turtles who aren't Terrorpene and gimpy-legged worgs, etc. They're just a much smaller population, I suppose, compared to rare-hunters and people who love the newer stuff as well.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Personally, I just cant get into any of the crab models, or the ghostly models that have that polygonal stuff showing like gondria or ghostcrawler. I love the ghost saber though because it doesnt have that issue. Other pets I really dont like are the netherays and sporebats, theres just not much to them, they're to simple/plain.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Crabs like Ghostcrawler. Cant get into them.

Also the black cat with white spots has to be the UGLIEST cat ingame.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lotusii
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary/Argent Dawn

Unread post by Lotusii »

Most of he worgs are really ugly to me, and bears too, since they're so jagged.
Sig by the AMAZING Sookie.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

I'd have to say in this case, for me, it's the Chimaera (classic models).

I just can't get passed their shredded wings. I'd tame one in a heartbeat if it weren't for that one cosmetic feature.

Also Gorillas (and to a lesser extent, monkeys).

It's their facial expressions. I want to like gorillas ... I really do ... but that face, ugh! It really creeps me out!
Last edited by Niabi on Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Lilako
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Lilako »

Hmm worgs, monkeys, gorillas, spiky crabs, some cats, bats, mastiffs, the ants, tarantulas ...
Its mainly the faces or the horrible renders :c
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Bears. They are stuck in that pose dogs and puppies make when they want to play e.g. chin to the ground and rump high in the air, like they're just waiting for you to play fetch with them.

I wouldn't mind so much if it weren't for the fact that bears would be one of the coolest looking pets in the game... if they were allowed to have a normal looking body stance.

Nether rays. Could have been sort of interesting as the one flying tenacity pet, but no, despite their extreme chunkiness, cunning they remain - and no one, no one, (actively) uses them.

Warp stalkers. With warp = cool, without warp = goofy gecko run. Nuff said.

Monkeys. Poo flinging little gits.

Mastiffs. I really tried to like these, but the jowls are just too stupid looking.

Cats with head down. This pose doesn't look cool or menacing, it just looks like they are stoned.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I can't stand the monkies/gorillas, don't like Sambas, don't like bats, hate the crabs, spiky and non, OL chimera, bears, and like Worba said...Nether wants her warp back, dammit.

I love the Azeroth raptors, though. The feathers and stuff makes them that much cooler to me. Love all of the kitties, and the wolves/worgs. Love OW wind serpents...
Konor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Garona

Unread post by Konor »

Bats - Just...ew. And I like the thought of them but they need an overhaul.
Lioness model like Araga - Again just, no.
Old style crabs - I just can't get into them but I do love the new spikey crabs. GC is awesome with his calming blue color and spikes.
Mastiffs and demon dogs - the way they run is totally WTF?
Dragonhawks, Nether Rays, Wind Serpents and Sporebats - Their flight animation makes me nauseous. The mounts do too.
Gorillas and monkeys - I hate primates :roll:
Ravagers & Boss silithids - Can we say aliens?
Wasps Not a fan of their wings animation.

LOL my list is bigger than I thought. Pet snob. -_-
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Worba wrote:Cats with head down. This pose doesn't look cool or menacing, it just looks like they are stoned.
I was going to say their weird head tilt makes them look like they have a bad case of ear mites. :)
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Gorillas, monkeys, old world crabs, raptors, old world cats, ravagers.
Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

I've grown to dislike the female tauren model because of their fighting voices. For some reason they just piss me off when I do the Tol Barad dailies. Whenever I see one of those models in the distance; I steer clear off of them. But yeah, that's just something which personally annoys me and I have nothing against tauren players!

From the tameable families? Well I've never had a bat because I can't get over the ugly face which has teeth poking out of the sides and whatnot. I like bats IRL and during summer we tend to have some flying around above our house which makes me GLEEE with happiness, but the game ones? Augh!

One other that I greatly dislike are those mastiffs which worgen start out with. I named my baby hunter's mastiff something like "PLACEHOLDER" when I had to use him for the few first levels and ditched the poor thing as soon as I could tame a new one. ._.'

Also one thing about the 'cat' models tend to irk me although I like their skins. They have that weird eyebrow-thing poking out of their foreheads which strikes me a bit odd but I still generally like them regardless. (But I prefer the saber model!)
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Yoruko wrote:I've grown to dislike the female tauren model because of their fighting voices.
^ Yes. It's hard to describe exactly, but to me the female tauren voice sounds the way people do when they're mimicking someone else, e.g. "Hur hurr dur hur" (in re: the general tone, not the exact words, obviously).
gigandetsgirl
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Onyxia, Kalecgos, and Blood Furnace

Unread post by gigandetsgirl »

It's gorillas for me. There's just something about the faces :( Also, shale spiders. They kind of just look like formations of glowing rocks to me - not like pets at all.

Thank you so much Litlemouse for my amazing signature! :hug:

<The Dawntreaders>
Constantyne Whitnee
Bastienne, Costin, and Willoe

Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

My top Ten List of Pet looks I don't like

10. Bats
9. Old School turtles
8. Monkeys (I really like their attack sounds makes me think of a mini ninja but other then that)
8. Parrots
7. Moths
6. Bears
5. Gorllias
4. Old school crabs
3. Non Armored Boars (armor is cool!)
2. Core Hounds
1. Devilsaurs (it's just when their huge and able to just walk they look cool you shrink them down and then they run they look really horrible.)
Lotusii
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary/Argent Dawn

Unread post by Lotusii »

Yoruko wrote:One other that I greatly dislike are those mastiffs which worgen start out with. I named my baby hunter's mastiff something like "PLACEHOLDER" when I had to use him for the few first levels and ditched the poor thing as soon as I could tame a new one. ._.'
I did the same thing. I hate mastiffs in game so much, how could I forget them? I love them in real life, they're sweet, drool-y and adorable, but in game... UGH.
Sig by the AMAZING Sookie.
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

I'll add two more.

Foxes. Too big. They are the one pet I can think of in wow that does not benefit from auto-growth; their little yippy sounds and playful movements are very cool and endearing when they're in their small, RL size... but once they grow, they just look odd to me... like a giant mouse or something. :?

Boss wasps. Too small. Before they shrank these guys, I absolutely loved this model. It was like having a queen alien... with wings <3 <3. But then they went and shrank them down... and even though they're no smaller than the other wasps, they just don't work at that size... too much going on in too small of a package, or something...