Most powerful pet?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Cham

Most powerful pet?

Unread post by Cham »

Greetings ^^

Which pet do you think is the most powerful pet? Which pet could kill a warlock, mage or warrior in plate? Which pet would be also able to defeat all the other pets in a 1vs1 fight? What do you think?

I don't mean the gameplay... This question is more a roleplay-question! Its really not about stats, pvp or pve!

So what do you think?
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Most powerful pet?

Unread post by Lupis »

Hmmm.
Well, Terrorpene seems pretty tough. He's fiery, he's armored, and he's got a heck of a strong bite. That's a good bet.

Skoll, too - in Roleplay, he can probably shoot small lightning bolts! He's also fast, but less defended than Terrorpene. He's also a spirit beast - he can stealth and heal himself.

A drakeadon such as Chromaggus would be good, because in lore, they're infused with the powers of all the flights. They can change their color to use different abilities - red would be fire that can heal allies, bronze would slow time, black would be painful fire, green would probably heal or use vines, blue would be arcane bolts, or something like that. Note that all of these abilities would be fairly weak!

A devilsaur is strong off the bat, but easy to hit and not good at dodging.

A boss silithid would be very strong, well armored, and has strong, fast claw attacks. That's a very good choice. I can imagine they'd be slow, though, and probably weak to fire - they have a massive brain waiting to be cooked in its shell.

Warp stalkers, in lore, can still fade out of the world and fade back in farther away, like Warp. They can also slow time. They're a good choice as well. They're not well armored, though, and not particularly fast.

Wind serpents can fly, and they're FAST. They're also a very small target. They can shoot lightning, which is a nice touch. However, they've got wings, a big weak point - easy to cripple them.

That's all I can think of!

Oh, and a quick note - make sure you have a plausible reason for your character to even have your pet. It's hard to get a Drakeadon or Terrorpene, and Skoll is pretty unique, too.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Sporebat-in real life and in roleplay!

:)
Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Kikanu »

If you don't choose Seagull, you don't know squat about hunters. It will peck your eyes out, your ears off, your nose off, and will dump its white goop onto your tongue so you can't ever taste again. It'll rough you up something fierce!

On a serious note, Chromaggus. It was a monster of a boss back then, and with proper training, it'd be even more terrifying.
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

Well in game terms Ferocity pets I believe do the most damage. Cunning does very nice damage and adds some unquie ablities and the Tenacity pets are like the energizer bunnies takes a licking and keeps on ticking.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Ghostcrawler, of course. :)
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

GormanGhaste wrote:Ghostcrawler, of course. :)

I so can't wait tog et back into the game and be in Hyjal to hear someone complain about how that rare spawn cat that attacks scale with armor just two shotted them in prot spec.
Minifig
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Minifig »

Who do you think I'm going to mention?

Sambas.

Duh.

Why?

Because he's the king of the beasts. :]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Tankperson wrote:Well in game terms Ferocity pets I believe do the most damage. Cunning does very nice damage and adds some unquie ablities and the Tenacity pets are like the energizer bunnies takes a licking and keeps on ticking.
This isn't for in game; the OP said it's more of an RP thing. :)

OT: I agree with Lupis' assessment. I also think a raptor would be a pretty ferocious, agile opponent, although lower on the defensive end.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

TygerDarkstorm wrote:
Tankperson wrote:Well in game terms Ferocity pets I believe do the most damage. Cunning does very nice damage and adds some unquie ablities and the Tenacity pets are like the energizer bunnies takes a licking and keeps on ticking.
This isn't for in game; the OP said it's more of an RP thing. :)

OT: I agree with Lupis' assessment. I also think a raptor would be a pretty ferocious, agile opponent, although lower on the defensive end.
Ok yeah my horrible am tired kids don't know the meaning of how to be quiet early in the morning. Right now I would say for rp the pet I might fear the most is a bird of some type. Pecking the eyes out of your oppents or clawing at the face.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Derp, forgot raptors. They're very good! For what Tyger said, really. xD Very, very fast, very agile. Low defensively, but they have those wicked scythe claws on their feet - if it slices an enemy, that enemy is losing blood FAST.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

SgtSplacker
Realm: Azshara

Unread post by SgtSplacker »

Blighthound... nuff said
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Yar, them claws are nasty on a raptor.

I would also probably go with a scorpid. They're semi-agile, fairly well armored, and they have those nasty claws and tail.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

Hyena or a Bear.
Hyena's are fast and have powerful jaws
Bears are fierce, powerful, and can take hits.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Heleos
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by Heleos »

Loque for being the mate of a Troll God - therefore he is somewhat god-like.
Heleos
Night Elf Hunter
Medivh- US
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Lisaara »

Heleos wrote:Loque for being the mate of a Troll God - therefore he is somewhat god-like.
^ This

Or any spirit beast for that matter. They're beyond the norm of pets.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

I second/third Chromaggus and Spirit Beasts in general!

I'd also throw a "cat" out there. They're incredibly stealthy, *agile* and fast, and can use bulk as well as tooth and nail to bring down a foe. I imagine a cat could dodge many blows while delivering short sharp blows of its own.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:A boss silithid would be very strong, well armored, and has strong, fast claw attacks. That's a very good choice. I can imagine they'd be slow, though, and probably weak to fire - they have a massive brain waiting to be cooked in its shell.
I'd vote on this. Big brain, big smarts. Probably would have a devious plan involving hundreds of other silithids.
LupisDarkmoon wrote:Warp stalkers... ...and not particularly fast.
But if they can bend time, doesn't that make them appear fast? *blinks* At least you'd think so.

Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

For RP purposes a rhino's horn toss could easily toss a tin can warrior (pvp gear :p) if the hitting them doesn't do it I'm sure you could fit into an RP how they got thrown into the second story of a building or such.

Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

I think a worm would be among the group, their ablility to move underground.. they could come up right under you and with those massive jaws, pull you right down.
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave