The Survival Pet and You.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Danejah
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

The Survival Pet and You.

Unread post by Danejah »

I'm sure this thread has already made its once around through here, but I can't seem to find it. So I made another!

I recently went Survival, again, on my hunter. The DPS is SO much better. I have a cat pet (Sambas of course) to go along with my Survival spec, but I'm having that craving to tame something new. I'm not sure what I should get? I have a wolf (Deathmaw, cause he barks) and a few others that I dearly love. Any Suggestions?
Signature done by Ashaine, who is a god at Signatures!
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Re: The Survival Pet and You.

Unread post by Gimlion »

Well, just about all of the cunning and ferocity non-exotic pets are good options. I personally like Raptors, Serpents and Windserpents, alongside standards like Wolves and Cats. You may find Tallstriders to your liking as well, I really enjoy mine on my Night Elf (Who will likely be MM main specced)

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

In terms of buffs, cats are the top choice while wind serpents/dragonhawks actually provide the second best SV buff, then wolves, raptors, ravagers, so on and so forth. I suppose the question is are you looking to cover personal buffs/debuffs or for the whole group (raid or dungeon)?

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
7seti
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne

Unread post by 7seti »

It depends what you're doing with your hunter. If it's 5-mans or raids it really is best to use a pet to cover a missing buff, even if that buff isn't the most useful to you personally. I'd recommend cat, wolf, raptor, ravager and windserpent/dragonhawk.

See what your groups might be missing here: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/download/ ... ew&id=4979
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

7seti wrote:It depends what you're doing with your hunter. If it's 5-mans or raids it really is best to use a pet to cover a missing buff, even if that buff isn't the most useful to you personally. I'd recommend cat, wolf, raptor, ravager and windserpent/dragonhawk.

See what your groups might be missing here: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/download/ ... ew&id=4979
^
Moth/Nether Ray isn't a bad idea either if you need an interrupt (they've both got a pretty long cooldown though, so it's just for emergencies).
Before we got a regular pocket Warlock in our raids, my Dragonhawk was always out to provide the 8% damage buff for our spell casters. :3
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

i love my bear

Troll: HES TENACITY AND HAS NO HUNTER BUFF

no other pet "feels" right. and not every tank has the aoe debfuff, dks only have single target, and pallies have single target not to mention soloing its nice too. so yea i love my little bear bear

...when im not BM

signature thanks to Kurieno