Taming the Cinderweb Broodling (Green Fire Spider)?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Re: Taming the Cinderweb Broodling (Green Fire Spider)?

Unread post by Vetiver »

they are up today on zul'jin for the first time! they first appeared at the daily reset at 4.

wain kind of busted this theory i suppose, but for what it's worth, today was also the first day that "dogs of war" has been available on my server. :P

(and of course they WOULD pick the day that i tame kirix to spawn >_>)

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Wain wrote:
Acherontia wrote:...It makes more sense, now, that it WAS Wain >.>
Yeah, look at the poster name a bit closer ;)
Ahahaha, I see it now :D Awesome.
Aoife
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Mok'Nathal et al.

Unread post by Aoife »

They are up on Mok'Nathal today, 7/6/2011. Tamed my lil guy! FWIW, the quests up for us today are:

Protectors of Hyjal
Rage Against the Flames
Those Bears Up There
Wisp Away
Breach in the Defenses
Hostile Elements
Burn Victims

Our server reset is 1 or 2a PDT (our server is Central time so it would be 3 or 4a server time). I logged in around 3:45a PDT and got the tame around 4a PDT (6a server time).

Here's a couple shots of me and the lil guy - haven't decided on a name yet - 'NotKirix' doesn't work for me :lol:

update: in keeping with me Gaelic heritage, I named him Dahmán (spider)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Congratz on the pretty boy! I'm glad to see more people getting what they want. :D

On a side note, I renamed my own little lady 'Envy'. Hellacious spiders get named after sins for me, me thinks.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Aoife
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Aoife »

Here's another update and observation. I just went into Molten Front with my priestess and the Wisp daily had been changed to Aggressive Growth. All the other dailies were the same and the Clutchkeepers were up, Broodlings were gone. This was about 2 hours after I'd been in there on Aoife. AND this is hours after reset so there must be some other timer involved, whether RNG-based or not.

Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

For those who may not have yet seen it - it's now official: broodlings / clutchkeepers spawning is purely an RNG thing, and has nothing to do with dailies.

Fyi.

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 73#p276473
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Are these really tameable? I tried today and all of them were untameable. :\ Really want one of these green spiders but... haven't found Kirix yet and dont know when I will.
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Broodlings that come from the dead Hyjal scout are not tamable - however on some days clutchkeepers are randomly replaced by patrolling broodlings who are tamable.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

How long do these stay up? I've checked every day since I gained access to the firelands (About five days) and it's always clutchkeepers.

Are they up for like an hour and then the keepers spawn? If you get keepers at 3am is there no point in checking for the rest of the day? If they do spawn, will they remain up until the next reset or do they 'expire' after a limited time?

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

Nachtwulf wrote:Are they up for like an hour and then the keepers spawn? If you get keepers at 3am is there no point in checking for the rest of the day? If they do spawn, will they remain up until the next reset or do they 'expire' after a limited time?
making another report on these guys - they were up for the first time on my server right when dailies ticked over at 4. my bf tamed one. now it is 3:21pm the same day and when i went to check, the nerubians are back and the broodlings are gone! D:

just to see, i checked and the dailies are still the same. (although it is rather obvious that the dailies have nothing to do with them at this point, even if wain hadn't told us!)
Last edited by Vetiver on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

For me at least, on the days when I've checked on them, they stay up all day, except for patch days - patching seems to be considered a "reset" for purpose of clutchkeepers / broodlings.

I've heard reports from others that there have been changeups beyond daily and maintenance resets. My guess would be those were caused by rolling restarts.

In any case, when they are up, they patrol around the plateau in a wide circle, moving extremely quickly.

Note 1: I've heard others report the group size is only 2-3, but I suspect those may have been cases where people had earlier split part of the group (yes it is possible to pull just 1, I've done it with Tame Pet when I was far enough way not to set off their proximity aggro).

Note 2: There is one scenario that Noah / Wain haven't addressed; on some resets, *neither* type spawns, and so it remains all day. Not sure if that's a glitch or if the RNG breakdown is more like 40/40/20 or something...
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Ahkay. All I ever see are clutchkeepers. :P

I will keep looking. Must just be my crappy luck. (Well, not entirely crappy. The third night after the firelands patch, I went looking for my old buddy Madexx and there he was, in lovely blue. Gotta strike while the iron is hot, yo. Or... go look for rares you want while everyone else is squabbling over fire elementals. XD

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

That's how it was for me too. A tip - if you see clutchkeepers, don't drive yourself nuts checking throughout the day like I did; if it's maintenance day or you happen to know of a rolling restart then yeah go ahead and check, but beyond that, just wait till the next day imo.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

When I tamed mine, there was *one* group--and none turned up after that, despite me sitting there for hours. I'm assuming something bugged here, as every other day, they've either been up all day or not at all.
Idoru

Unread post by Idoru »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:
Wain wrote:I have it on authority that they just spawn 50% of days, (the other days the Cinderweb Clutchkeepers spawn instead). I was led to believe there was no real link to anything else or any trigger. It's just a 50% chance thing. If you don't see them one day just be patient and come back the next.
Okay, so, how do you explain that both on Sunday and Monday on my main's server neither of those where up? The Widow's Cluth was completely void of any green mobs aside the ones from the dying scout. :|
They were probably killed, since they are aggressive.
Acherontia wrote:When I tamed mine, there was *one* group--and none turned up after that, despite me sitting there for hours. I'm assuming something bugged here, as every other day, they've either been up all day or not at all.
I don't know how long their respawn timer is, but they did respawn at some point after I tamed one and killed the rest.
Last edited by Idoru on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

EEEEEEEE!!! I just got one! :headbang: Hes so cute and matches my Orc perfectly! I saw one group run past me while I was doing some dailies and I had Terrorpene with me so I quickly dismissed him, ran after them and poof, they were gone :cry: So I decided to come back and see if they were there tomorrow (its 2:33am here). I was about to mount up when they spawned right under me :shock: I was so happy I grabbed one and tamed, ohhhh hes so cute! I don't have a name yet but I'm sure I can do that in the morning, just had to tell someone *insane happy squeeling trails off into the distance* :mrgreen:

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

im praying they'll be up tomorrow, ive had kirix stolen once (the guy already owned kirix), homed him to a friend because they saw him first, and spent half hour-45min trying to tame him only to have a smug ass walts up to kirix with 3 other guildies and tame.

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Aoife
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Aoife »

Logged in on my hunter on Mok'Nathal this morning around 6a server and ran to check to see if the broodlings were up. No broodlings but no clutchkeepers either. Yesterday, one of the dailies changed long after the daily server restart - Wisp Away was up when I tamed my broodling and Aggressive Growth was up when I went back a couple hours later and clutchkeepers were out and about.

I'll check again in a bit to see if anything has spawned and see if any of the dailies changed.

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

Sigh.. I actually tamed one of these a couple of days ago, but abandoned it so my active pet slots wouldn't be full, should Kirix spawn. If only I knew they were so hard to find. :P Now I'm thinking of ticketing a GM to get it back, but the moment I finally get Kirix, I would end up abandoning the Broodling anyway... IF I ever get him. The past couple of days have really made me doubt my chances.

Since the day I tamed and abandoned one, there's only been Clutchkeepers. Just my luck! XD
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Idoru wrote:
Acherontia wrote:When I tamed mine, there was *one* group--and none turned up after that, despite me sitting there for hours. I'm assuming something bugged here, as every other day, they've either been up all day or not at all.
I don't know how long their respawn timer is, but they did respawn at some point after I tamed one and killed the rest.
Yeah, the second half of my quote there--I've seen them spawn wave after wave all day long, about a minute apart, OR not be up all day at all. But, the one day I tamed mine, there was literally no other spawn for the rest of the day. But as I said it was probably some kind of ...I DON'T KNOW.

THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY :lol: