A code for hunters...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Hawkshadow
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Ravenholdt

A code for hunters...

Unread post by Hawkshadow »

So something just occurred to me as I was helping another hunter camp deth and looking through the forums reading about people stealing other's tames and such.

I'm helping this hunter camp deth, why? IDK. I don't know him, he is not in my guild. Just another hunter that came by, said congrats on deth and began his camp. I explained to him how to go about taming, told him what time I tamed him and offered to help him out when possible.

Then I told him this "I don't mind helping you camp this pet, and I'm happy to explain everything I can to you about how to do it. All I ask is this- afterwards you help another hunter do the same, and make the same request as I am."

Something to try to get started perhaps, would be a nice 'code of the hunters' so to say. Just my thoughts. Know that I'm going to do it :)
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Re: A code for hunters...

Unread post by Kurenio »

I do do this, but they end up trying to help me get rares since I helped them lol.
Last edited by Kurenio on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

If I could like this post, I would. :)

Been helping every hunter I can. :D And a few non-hunters....helped an undead mage find his way across the rocks. xD

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

D'aw. That's kinda a 'Pay it forward' deal. I love how just about every hunter here operates the same way I do about rares. I've helped more then 10 people tame Northrend rares as I find them. Three of which are now on my Real ID list and are some awesome hunter friends.

From what I gathered already, I think all of the hunters here already live by this self imposed Code of sorts. It's...refreshing. I'm glad I came here.

Hunter's gotta help each other out not fight each other!

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Agreed with Kalli. ^-^ Whenever I can, I'll help a fellow hunter out. Be it rares or anything else. I've met an awful lot of people and made many new wonderful friends through the rare hunt. The taming challenges so far have also been a blast. :D
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

The Hunter Commandments: A Guide To The Good Hunter

1. Thou shall play fairly and truthfully; take advantage of neither exploit nor cheat. An honest hunter is a good hunter.
2. Thou shall be kind to both brother and sister. We are all one under the bow/gun/crossbow/ranged weapon of your choice.
3. Thou shall also be nice to those not blessed with the Hunter class. Not everyone can be as badass as we are.
4. Thou shall NEVER kill, attempt to tame or taunt a creature that has been tagged and trapped.
5. Thou shall not stack upon or otherwise harass campers, no matter how much they "deserve it".
6. Thou shall not be needlessly aggressive to those who happen to be within ten feet of you while camping.
7. Thou shall remember that the most common beast has just as much if not more worth than the rarest. Don't hate.
8. Thou shall remember everything is a hunter weapon. Everything.
9. Thou shall not shoot once, send pet in and then melee.
10. Thou shall always remember that it is just a game, and that the point is to have fun.

Rough draft, obviously. ;)

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Some of that made me giggle a bit from the wording, your good at that xD, but I really like where this idea is going. Have a set of Dos and Don'ts up SOMEWHERE might lessen this sudden spike in the poor etiquette that I've seen my fair share of recently.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Jäysee
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Jäysee »

/agree

I accept/give help when I can. Always send them here also. Speaking of which... I would like to give a big shout out to MÏkey, a goblin hunter on my server who helped me shoo away horde hunters and kept me company during my camp. I shared everything I did from best postion to cover both Skarr spawn points to what tactics I used to tame my new buddy (after OMGWTFDOIDO dieing twice) with him.

Sometimes, no matter how much you prepare for a tame, they can catch you off guard and mess your whole strategy up! lol
Last edited by Jäysee on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ZoMbIe BeAr WiLl EaT yOuR BrAiNs!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I've done this for awhile. I call it "Pay It Forward".

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine