St, st, st.. stuttering pets!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
drax99
Realm: Ghostlands

St, st, st.. stuttering pets!

Unread post by drax99 »

I have given up long ago on certain pets, you know the ones. Any pet with a Ranged attack, be it Core hound with lava breath, or dragon hawk with fire. Basically they seemed to be unable to decide whether to range or melee, and instead do this "stepstep-stop, stepstep-stop" stuttering dance step all the way to the target when sent in to attack. I finally tested enough to nail down that it was the range attack confusing the AI, since soon as you disable it they react normally. After months of sending bug reports, I gave up and dumped my Puppy.

So, in the intervening year, has Bliz ever fixed that? Anyone know?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: St, st, st.. stuttering pets!

Unread post by Vephriel »

Ah, I remember that very well when I used to use my Worm levelling through Northrend. It was frustrating, and eventually I just turned off his ranged poison spit and manually turned it back on once he was at melee range otherwise he did that stuttering movement.

I actually have no idea if this was fixed as I haven't used him since back then.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

I believe it's been fixed. I had my worm out the other day, and he didn't seem to stutter.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

My worm has never stuttered. EVER!

Okay, he did long ago, but they fixed it in 3.1.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.