Hunter Poll

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Arrol
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Winterhoof

Hunter Poll

Unread post by Arrol »

On my server (Winterhoof-US) I have been doing a poll asking hunters these 3 questions
What spec do you play most often
What pet family do use most often
And on a scale of 1-10 how happy are you with your pet overall (10 being the happiest)

I will update this thread as i finish but i hope to find out some things
Which spec uses the same pet repeatedly the most (do surv hunters favor a wolf 90% of the time?)
what spec is overall happiest with their pet (i assume BM but we might find something interesting here)
etc.

Feel free to poll your own server and i will give you the guidelines of my Polling
I cannot use myself as an answerer to the poll
I use only level 85 hunters only (lower lvls might not be able to tame their favorite pet yet etc. therefor skewing the results)
I asked hunters not in a BG or Dungeon first and tried to wait until those who were in a dungeon or BG were out and no longer busy
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Re: Hunter Poll

Unread post by Cerele »

how about poll the forums? seeing how most of us play hunters mainly.

signature thanks to Kurieno
Arrol
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Arrol »

Also possible as many are not responding atm. However since most are BM it wouldnt be too random. but eh its a possibility
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

i only know three of us who are deticated to BM and most people have a different favorite in particular. i am beast mastery and my favorite pet is silithid collosus, id give him a 10 because the web is great for pvp and pve. and that stamina buff is nice too.
i can tell you the 4 hunters whom i am good friends with are
marksman, her favorite pet is tallstrider and im pretty sure shes really happy with it as she doesnt use different pets.
Survival, her ghost hydra, so the hydra pet. and i havent seen her with a different pet... EVER
Beast mastery, spirit beast, he uses skoll nonstop....
Marks. cat or wolf, seeing how the crit buff is missing more often then most buffs probably wolf
and one more for marks, this guys hardcore player, he doesnt care much for his pets he uses the needed buff.

signature thanks to Kurieno
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

BM
Tiger-Shangod model
Arrol
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Arrol »

Thanks guys (Cerele that was a big help <3 ) keep em coming forum go-ers
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

1. Beast Mastery - I have been BM on Vephriel since the day she was created. It's the reason I play a hunter, it encompasses the mood of the class that I want, and all through its highs and lows I've never played another spec. I don't even have dual spec purchased. :)
2. Devilsaur - Skorn, a black devilsaur, is Veph's iconic pet. Out of all of her pets, he will always be the most important to her.
3. 10 - It's impossible for me to be more happy about Skorn than I already am. :D He has an amazing model, a cemented bond, performs great as a pet, and is overall just the best friend I could have in game. ^^
Jatbirkkal
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moonguard

Unread post by Jatbirkkal »

-BM Hunter, I have a surv offspec (Which is odd, as I THOUGHT it was MM >_>), but I don't USE it. Just got it for the ach, really. And, well, since it's so CHEAP now.

-Shale Spider, a tank, great for pvp (Three sec stun, plus intimidate makes people MAAAAADDD :D), and the pally/druid buff is always appreciated.

-10/10, I love my Amithyst, she WILL be with me forever :3

Thanks to Vephriel for this awsome sig

"One day, this Hydra WILL be mine! I hope"- Me, before hydras were tameable.

This lovely Shale Spider used as my Avatar is made by Lupis <3
Arrol
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Arrol »

Well i've gotten my 100 poll takers and all the info here
60% of Hunters were MM
30% were BM
and 10% were Surv

MM Hunters
20% said 10
15% said 9
10% said 8
10% said 7
5% said 6
And heres a shocker 40% said 5
NONE said 4-1

Cat is the most popular with 50%
Spider and Wolf both had 20%
following 10% was split between 1 votes only of Tallstrider, Bird of Prey, etc.

Overall the most unhappy group Pet-wise as most were just "i play for the dps" or "i bring whatever pet my raid wants/needs"
However this spec was the most popular spec for hunters on my server and from the comments and such here.

BM Hunters
80% said 10
20% said 9
NONE 8-1

BM pets were the most versatile of the group with shale spiders, Devilsaurs, cats, Silithids, Spirit Beasts, Corehounds, Chimearas, Ravagers, Wolf, Crocolisk, Bird of Prey, Carrion Birds, Dragonhawks, Serpents, Wind Serpents, Dogs, Foxes, Raptors, Wasps, Bear, Crab, Scorpid, Turtles, and Warp Stalkers.

Spirit Beast was the only front runner gaining 30% of the votes, rest went fairly randomly to those above.

Extremely Happy pet wise and VERY different from person to person.
Not as Popular as i would have thought though. even taking some results from these forums (i just assumed most here were BM Forever like me XD )

Survival Hunters
65% said 9
35% said 5
NONE said 10,8-6, 4-1

again fairly random between Boar, Cat, Crocolisk, Bat, Monkey, Nether Ray, Sporebat, Spider, Hyenas, Moths, Tallstriders, Beetles, and Gorrilas.
A Suprising no front runner here. all votes were within 1 of each other so essentially even

A Decently happy group pet-wise. About average
Such a Small number of hunters on my server are Survival that i am not sure these results were accurate but maybe they were who knows.

Thats it from me here guys.

If you chose to poll your own server list your results.
Anyone have any thoughts on this.
I feel as if i got into the mind of the hunters on my server here a lot more hten i thought i wouldve with those 3 simple questions.
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

What spec do you play most often?
I mostly play as beast master when running in PVE environments or PVP. I seem to feel more connected to my pets then when I'm running as Marks. Marks is mostly played in Raid environments as my dps is slightly better and I'm more used to adjusting in situations with trouble arises.

What pet family do use most often?
Cats - I have always loved cats, and therefor the cat family was my choice as my main pet when starting a hunter.

And on a scale of 1-10 how happy are you with your pet overall (10 being the happiest)
9 - I run with Rak'Shiri, the Aqua saber model. He's my partner in this game, and the reason I rolled a hunter. We have an amazing bond, and many adventures. The only reason why he's a 9 is that with the graphic enchantments that this game has undergone, some edges look a little rough when I stare at them too long. Though overall, he's a perfect 10 in every other way :D

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf

gigandetsgirl
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Onyxia, Kalecgos, and Blood Furnace

Unread post by gigandetsgirl »

1. Marksmanship - I have Beast Mastery as an off-spec to tame exotics, but I rarely use it.
2. Wolves, but most particularly Constantyne's black worg, Whitney. She is his iconic pet, she has been by his side since level ten and she never plans to leave him. He has many other pets he loves, but she is his most important.
3. 10/10 - Whit is perfect!

Thank you so much Litlemouse for my amazing signature! :hug:

<The Dawntreaders>
Constantyne Whitnee
Bastienne, Costin, and Willoe

Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

1. Beast Mastery until the day I die!
2. Cats and Spirit beast. Orihime and Toukon :D
3. 10/10 I wouldn't trade either for anything!

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Unread post by Litlemouse »

Here are the Petopian Forum polls (made by me):

If you're Beast Mastery, go here.
If you're Marksmanship, go here.
If you're Survival, go here.
Last edited by Litlemouse on Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Survival is my favourite spec (I raid, so I'm occasionally needed to switch to MM depending on the fight though).

Cat (Dragonhawk is present whenever we don't have a pocket lock in the raid).

9/10 (I'd love it if my cat could heal me. D8 )
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

What spec do you play most often?
-BM and bm only

What pet family do use most often?
-From the begginig to late Wrath i pretty much only used wolves and The Grimtotem Spirit guide(Lycan) stayed my fav.
However sins Cata ive been using a variety of pets. Lycan beeing my deary but lately ive been useing mostly my Ghost hydra.

On a scale of 1-10 how happy are you with your pet overall (10 being the happiest)?
-Its a bit hard to say really, sins ive been playing with random pets for a while now. Around 7.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

What spec do you play most often: BM, I find it the most comfortable to play.
What pet family do use most often: Probably Spirit Beasts, but I use Devilsaurs and Cats often as well.
And on a scale of 1-10 how happy are you with your pet overall (10 being the happiest) SBs: 9, they don't feel like they do as much damage as Devilsaurs, who I'd give a 10. Cats get a 7.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

That's a very intersting poll tbh! Should you decide to extend the results further--and since this is fun!

What spec do you play most often BM
What pet family do use most often Spirit Beast
And on a scale of 1-10 how happy are you with your pet overall (10 being the happiest) 10 - I PvE and PvP, and Spirit Beast is so awesome in so many situations, I rarely have to change pet! Plus, beautiful & awesome sounds.
Ebonrook
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (US)

Unread post by Ebonrook »

What spec do you play most often? – Survival
What pet family do use most often? – Wolf for dungeons, Warp Stalker for Solo. Sometimes a dragonhawk.
On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you with your pet overall? – Hn... Well. For the three I mentioned, I'll say; Wolf = 5. Warp Stalker = 8. Dragonhawk = 9. So I guess, overall, it would be a 7? /averages

For the wolf, sure... It gets the job done, people like stat boosting pets, but I have zero emotional attachment to the buff bot.

Now, my Warp Stalker I love most of all. I wouldn't trade her for anything. However, since she's tenacity and their new warp skill is kind of hit and miss with me, I don't use her half as much as I'd like. She's always at my side for solo questing, though.

My dragonhawk I like slightly less than my Warp Stalker and I think he performs admirably, but I adore everything about him. Sadly, most people don't like him being used since he's a flying pet and he only boosts magical damage. Unless my group is full of casters, THEN that is a different story. Though he gets a slightly higher grade for being able to use him more than I would my warpie.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

What spec do you play most often
-Beast Master. I do not like the other specs. Every one of my hunter is BM. I enjoy the aspects of being a BM more then anything else.

What pet family do use most often
-Spirit Beast-solo'ing and helping others, followed by Devilsaur for raids/instances and Shale Spider for questing. Really depends on what I am doing.

11! Adore my Spirit Beasts and other pets. They are the reason I play the game.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Here's my answers for you.

BM Hunter
Ferocity - Spirit Beast
10/10! I love my spirit beasts, especially Loque'nahak!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine