Hunched Cats

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ayrisa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Hunched Cats

Unread post by Ayrisa »

Ok, so with all the hype over Skarr and the other rares, I've really looked at the models for pets that appeal to me. I noticed that the cat models are nice, but the hunched look ready for action.

I don't like however, how they look down; almost like they're being shamed or yelled at. They have a proud fighting stance, but need a neckbrace or something.

I have Loque'nahak and he stands with pride ready to take down the enemy, staring them in the face. The others look dejected. :(

I wonder if they might ever try to 'raise' the hunched cats spirits.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: Hunched Cats

Unread post by Rhyela »

To me, they look really odd when they stretch and yawn, too. It's like their necks are broken or something and can't be lifted like normal cats. I really like how they look, other than that. :(

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Rhyela wrote:To me, they look really odd when they stretch and yawn, too. It's like their necks are broken or something and can't be lifted like normal cats. I really like how they look, other than that. :(
This. I even tamed one a couple days ago to see if I could just learn to like it. I can't...do the stiff neck thing. It just comes off awkward. I love Skarr's skin, but I just really don't care for that stiff-necked model at all. XC WTB Saber Gem Cat.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I guess it's a perception thing. To me it looks like they have their head lowered in a kind of bullish way, like they're really determined. Cartoon characters are often depicted the same way when they're angry and determined.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Im indifferent to the hunch but i looooooove when they yawn, looks cool

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

I like them as well (but then... my Suki(Skarr) is super special to me, so I might be a bit biased, heh. I would think of it more like they have their head down in preparation, with their eyes looking upward in determination... So that they'd still be looking forward. Also, I don't mind the yawn. Other animations bother me a LOT more (like the back legs on flying wyverns...)
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Seeing them Dash then go into Charge while their heads are downward like this makes it look like it really hurts the enemy! :D
ImageImage
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

It's not the lowered head that bothers me so much, but the odd slight sideways tilt. I have Pogeyan on an alt; beautiful, but I may end up getting a different cat, as I haven't been able to get used to it.
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I've always thought they look broken. :( Why can't we have evil glowing eyes on a different model for those who don't favor hunched?
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

I love the hunched model. I took Tahlian's new friend Forge on a quick jog through the hallway in Orgrimmar between the back Valley and the Drag...all you could see as we ran was that silhouette and those red eyes coming at you. Not something I'd want to meet in a dark alley. :lol:

Of course, given that Tahl has Pogeyan, a Neferset tiger, a ZG panther, and now Skarr...I might be just a tad biased.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Well, they look different -running-. To me anyway. Beautiful even, but I just can't get used to that stiff necked look around and yawn. Aha, that is the only thing keeping me from wanting Skarr. x3

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Kyria
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord & Nesingwary

Unread post by Kyria »

Personally, I love the hunched cat model, ESPECIALLY on Skarr, since being carved of stone makes it a lot easier for me to forgive the odd shape of the non-saber cat face. To me, my cat doesn't look shamed so much as full of grim, deadly determination, ready and willing to destroy anything that stands in my way. It's very satisfying to see him trot along by my side with that sort of look about him. I do understand where you're coming from, though. Maybe they'll introduce an ordinary cat with glowing eyes for those who see it your way now that the suggestion's out there. :)

Thanks to Vephriel for the beautiful signature! <3
Dragon Cave!

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Caelan, I love that signature. :D That is awesome.

And yeah, the hunched look is neat but it's not my shtick. I have plenty of pets I adore so it's no skin off my back really. I'm glad people enjoy it and can get cool looking cats.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Kyria
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord & Nesingwary

Unread post by Kyria »

Novikova wrote:Caelan, I love that signature. :D That is awesome.
Isn't it amazing? XD Credit goes to Veph for this one. We were discussing the awesome that is the spider rainbow and it just sort of happened.

Thanks to Vephriel for the beautiful signature! <3
Dragon Cave!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I love the hunched kitties. Way back in Wrath, I had a Cursed Offspring named Cat. Just Cat. I know, I know, I'm a horrible person, naming it Cat, and obviously I don't care for cat. *rolls eyes.* Anyways, Cat was an amazing cat, and all in all, I loved his looks. Then, I had to go and properly name Cat, and what do you know, suddenly Cat wasn't Cat, he was some stupid cat I named, and off he went to the abandoned fields.

Seriously though, I like the Cursed Offspring the best. Don't like the tigers, Pogeyan is weird looking to me and all shiny, and Skarr is meh and over rated to me.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I like the hunched cats better than the other cats because you can't see how cross-eyed they are. I like the shiny coats and glowy eyes too, but I'm probably not going for Skarr because the gem skin doesn't appeal to me as much as the others.
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

I tamed one of the ones from Zul'Aman yesterday just to see if I liked the basic deal. I think I do. They're ... powerful-looking.
Mindsprocket
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Mindsprocket »

I'm also bothered by the way the hunched cats seem to be intently staring at the ground all the time. It's really weird. I tried out one of the tigers from Uldum, and they look gorgeous while running, but the way they always look down while standing still really bothers me too much to keep one.

Also, it seems to me that the "hunched" cats actually have the same model as the normal cats, with the only difference being posture, i.e. glowy-eyes cats are really mezmerized by the ground they stand on while normal cats look at their surroundings. I guess that's because all cats in WoW are hunching anyway (there isn't a single cat that's standing up properly). So the only way to hunch them more without having them slide around on their bellies is to lower their heads in this awkward way. I'd really like it if there was a glowy-eyes-shiny-coat skin on a normal cat. It would look exactly the same, just without consantly staring at the ground.

Lok'tar ogar!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Just to explain.....yes they are normal cats....when the normal cats get stunned. They look just like that position.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:Seeing them Dash then go into Charge while their heads are downward like this makes it look like it really hurts the enemy! :D
/dash.. HAHA HEADBUTT!!! :lol: