Noah/Wain: Please give us a pet from Archeology..

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Noah/Wain: Please give us a pet from Archeology..

Unread post by Slickrock »

So I mostly play my horde hunter now.. the one without Archeology leveled. I just can't see doing it again on another toon without a good reason to.

So.. If we could get a pet from Archeology.. that would be really cool. Something to make my hunter was to do it. Raptor pet would probably be too much, since there's already a mount and mini-pet, but, what if you applied a stone skin to some other beast? Basilisk? Stone Turtle?

(Either that or give us some hunter loot from Archy...)

So for everyone else.. what pet would you like to see from Archeology?
Account has been closed at user's request.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Noah/Wain: Please give us a pet from Archeology..

Unread post by Lisaara »

Tameable? None. Cause they'd be dead. So....no.

A minipet? Sure. I'll take more minipets and mounts. Warpstalker mini pet please!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Wark
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring-US

Unread post by Wark »

The sanest way I can think of pulling this off is make it so Archaeologists can dig up some kind of artifact that summons a wild, angry <insert tameable beast> that attacks and can be killed or tamed. Maybe give it a cooldown-- say, once a day-- and/or make it possible for it to summon a few different things. Whether other people can see the creature or not (allowing someone to "share" their summon to other people) could also be considered. Oh, and is it a one-time use item (most evil option) or reusable? Are there multiple items scattered across different categories, with each summoning a different creature or set of creature?

That said, it's only an optional secondary profession. The design behind them is that you shouldn't feel that you NEED to level them. If you don't have any motivation to level it, you might consider simply not leveling it. More fun toys would be neat, but asking for them just because otherwise you don't want to level the profession feels a bit silly to me.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

As someone who has spent many hours flying and digging (and will have to continue to do so to get the 1 item I really want) I say "Please, no!"

The thought of having to spend even more countless hours flying and digging for yet another "item" makes my brain break a little.

Also archaeology was meant to be completely optional, which is why for the most part you get toys with a few random epics thrown in.
Taaveti
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: TW-Shadowmoon

Unread post by Taaveti »

I have always found the idea of Canopic Jar redundant, what's the point of having a common tol'vir solve containing absolutely nothing of worth (worse than any other vendor solves)?
However, we actually already have something very similar and can be implemented into archaeology : the ghost saber.
To tame a ghost saber, first you have to find tiny statues on the floor, and upon clicking on the statue, you have a small chance of spawning the saber which you can then proceed to tame.
How about something similar? We have a small chance on opening the Canopic Jar (or some other solves) to spawn a special beast that can be tamable?
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Speaking as an alchemist/archaeologist who has suffered through two worthless jars already, I'd just like to say DO NOT WANT. RNG is bad enough without making a pet so ridiculously random to obtain. What if you unlock said pet and don't decide until later that you want it? What would non-hunters do with it?

If anything, tack on a minimum arch requirement for the ghost saber statues. It could be low, since it's a lowbie area. Then add something new elsewhere....

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by MajorThor »

Tamable Huge Rolling Boulder!!

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

MajorThor wrote:Tamable Huge Rolling Boulder!!
Okay. Minipet this please. Yes. <3 THAT I would suffer for.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

I think we'd all put up with a lot to have Harrison Ford following us around. :lol:

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Kalliope wrote:
MajorThor wrote:Tamable Huge Rolling Boulder!!
Okay. Minipet this please. Yes. <3 THAT I would suffer for.

ME WANT!

Ah.. This sounds a lot like ghost saber to me.

Aside from making it a hunter pet the saem could be say for a warlock pet/demon, kinda seeing as it is the reanimated dead. *shrug*
Taaveti
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: TW-Shadowmoon

Unread post by Taaveti »

Of course, when I mentioned ghost saber and Canopic Jar I was merely suggesting an example to demonstrate the mechanic I was proposing =P
Surely this could be applied to other situations, maybe even other professions, a small chance on spawning a turtle/croc/hydra when you're fishing, spawning a wasp/bear when cooking something with honey... (I know I would rather go for these pets rather than camping rares, as sitting at the same place for few hours straight isn't much fun, even worse when you had competition for it)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Well, if opening the canopic jar spawned a tameable beast, it could also have a decent loot table for everyone who didn't want to tame it.
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

Jessibelle wrote:Tameable? None. Cause they'd be dead. So....no.

A minipet? Sure. I'll take more minipets and mounts. Warpstalker mini pet please!

the peterrodax hatchling was alive, and loque, gondria, articus, ghostcrawler ETC are all dead animals but we can tame them

signature thanks to Kurieno
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Cerele wrote:

the peterrodax hatchling was alive, and loque, gondria, articus, ghostcrawler ETC are all dead animals but we can tame them
I know! We can tame Skoll, so that must mean we can tame lightning elementals too!

Alternatively: We can tame Terrorpene, we must be able to tame fire hawks!

Both are similar, but yet you can't tame the latter. Hunters are not about subduing dead things, that's necromancy. There's exceptions to the rule, sure, but add more tamable dead things and you might as well call the class necromancers. Hunters are mostly about living creatures.
MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by MajorThor »

Azunara wrote:
Cerele wrote:

I know! We can tame Skoll, so that must mean we can tame lightning elementals too!

Both are similar, but yet you can't tame the latter. Hunters are not about subduing dead things, that's necromancy. There's exceptions to the rule, sure, but add more tamable dead things and you might as well call the class necromancers. Hunters are mostly about living creatures.

Yes to all of this. I want a Firehawk Pet and and Elemental to call my own. HELLS YEAH!

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Cerele »

Azunara wrote:
Cerele wrote:

alot of our pets are dead... diseased and rotting... we should just be necrohunters. Tame beast now effects undead targets, anything you kill and has been renamed Enslavement. its a 30 minute cast on undead things, as you must set up the ritual, uneffected by haste/heroism/anything. when its on a beast however its still 10 seconds

edit: i do want a necromancer class though. (dont say warlocks) being able to summon the undead would be great! (dont say death knights) and having a pet to kill stuff for me would be cool (dont even dream of saying hunters) the problem is the nercomancer class is too similar to other classes in game if they did add it in as like... a hero class there would be a lot of overlapping abilities, and it would be great if they added a new kinda mana/ritual system in or something, that would let for more interesting casting.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Cerele wrote:
alot of our pets are dead... diseased and rotting... we should just be necrohunters. Tame beast now effects undead targets, anything you kill and has been renamed Enslavement. its a 30 minute cast on undead things, as you must set up the ritual, uneffected by haste/heroism/anything. when its on a beast however its still 10 seconds

edit: i do want a necromancer class though. (dont say warlocks) being able to summon the undead would be great! (dont say death knights) and having a pet to kill stuff for me would be cool (dont even dream of saying hunters) the problem is the nercomancer class is too similar to other classes in game if they did add it in as like... a hero class there would be a lot of overlapping abilities, and it would be great if they added a new kinda mana/ritual system in or something, that would let for more interesting casting.
Solution:

Hunters have now been replaced with necromancers! All your pets have been released and all you have are skeletons! You must now kill the creature you want and then bring it back to life! (Only skins available are the ones that already have dead thing models, of course.) Yay!

The evil side of me cackles because you would have to kill Deth to get a bone spider or something. XD Oh, the irony if this happened.
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Cerele »

like this? cause im sorry "bone" spiders would be around... they dont have bones

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I can't see the image. D:
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Cerele »

Azunara wrote:I can't see the image. D:
its slate bone spider in the actual petopia... sorry i dont know how to make just that image come up i accidentally linked the page