The Consolation Corner

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: The Consolation Corner

Unread post by Kalliope »

Everything is fine with that post, Sarantha - minus the whole thing even happening in the first place. >_<

Actually have a Deth story here as well. He was up 15 minutes before a server shutdown and a dwarf hunter was kiting him. A horde hunter (didn't catch race, I think orc) popped in and started helping to slow, etc. All was fine and dandy until a horde mage turned up and started attacking the dwarf and then me. :/ The horde hunter joined him in that, so we responded, with the help of a gnome lock who jumped in to help with the horde and the kite. The dwarf hunter successfully tamed Deth in the end, but I couldn't help but feel bad for the horde hunter, even though he did turn to the dark side for a bit there; pretty sure the mage told him to do it. :/

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

I mailed the GL of the ninja I encountered and got a basic "Well, she's been in the guild for three years and *I* haven't seen her act like that". Yes, because I'm sure all venomous lurking ninjas behave EXACTLY the same way they do to players that don't share the same guild as they do to their freaking GUILD LEADERS. She said she'd "look into the matter" but I'm certain nothing will come of it. Be swift, karma, be swift.

I took up the hunt for Deth again. I must be a masochist. Or insane. Or maybe it's because I found the key to the asshattery that I apparently forgot- it's summer, aka the WORST time of the year in WoW where griefers run rampant because they don't have to sit in class for six peak hours of hunting.

Maybe I'll bag the boy before summer is over, maybe not. But I know I'll have better chances mid August.

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

Kalliope wrote:Everything is fine with that post, Sarantha - minus the whole thing even happening in the first place. >_<

Actually have a Deth story here as well. He was up 15 minutes before a server shutdown and a dwarf hunter was kiting him. A horde hunter (didn't catch race, I think orc) popped in and started helping to slow, etc. All was fine and dandy until a horde mage turned up and started attacking the dwarf and then me. :/ The horde hunter joined him in that, so we responded, with the help of a gnome lock who jumped in to help with the horde and the kite. The dwarf hunter successfully tamed Deth in the end, but I couldn't help but feel bad for the horde hunter, even though he did turn to the dark side for a bit there; pretty sure the mage told him to do it. :/

Oh my....this is why I play on a pve server. Its easier to avoid getting killed by the opposing faction. So sad to hear that. Glad he got him tho.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm US

Unread post by Feralclaw »

Ok Kirix spawned 5 minutes a go and right when I casted tame beast the spider ran to an undead hunter.... she got him. Then she lol'd at me and spat at me. Grr...
Credit to Razzy for the avatar. Thanks!
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

I came upon Karoma while finishing up leveling my Mage - extatic, I whispered the only Hunter in the zone, not bothering to even look them up on armory, grouped and sat back as they approached the spirit, dismissed their pet, laid down a trap... And when Karoma reached them, they disengage and leave group, recall pet and proceed to kill him.

Hope this jackass enjoys their 25g trash item, because that's the last time I'll ever inform him of any rares I might come across. Came really close to making a blacklist for the guild to avoid, but that's not really fair considering this happens a lot and very few people have a chance to do so - me happening to be the GM of the guild should be no reason for me to do that.

At least I learned something.. And that's to always do some research before informing a stranger of a rare. :P
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Saw a hunter friend of mine camping Skarr as per usual :lol: poor girl had skarr killed on her by an orc hunter a few days ago and hasnt had any luck since then. I noticed a red dot and it was skarr! Eagle eye to make sure it was him and not a pet and it was! Whispered her but she was afk, took out my rares trying to trigger off npcscanner and finally after I fell off and got grabbed by a druid across she answered. Quickly she tried to hop over but fell :( I told her to move her little butt :lol: then I saw a druid who quickly saw skarr and changed to boomkin. I hit tame beast to case a barrage and he got hit, I whispered him told him to stop, tried hitting tame beast again but skarr was dead. I asked the person why he did it, and all I got was a :). My friend was extremely sad, and I whispered the guy basically telling him that my friend was camping for over a week for that cat he just killed and said in general that skarr was killed so the other numerous hunters who I know were looking to knew the timer.

You know for two of the highly prized rares skarr and karkin they really get killed pretty effortlessly and the hunter is lefting staring at corpse of something they waited so long to try and tame.

Sometimes I hate this game.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Poor Ban'thalos, being killed by a hacker. :c

Unread post by Tsuki »

So, there is like 10 hunters trying to tame this nice bird
And we're all taking out turns. Then this one guy asks how you are supposed to kill him.
Me and possibly every other person in the place tell him that he drops a grey, and nothing else.
He proceeds to kill Ban'thalos, taking no damage at all from any of the moonfire it spams on him, and using cone of cold and death coil.
He was a paladin.

Later he's all Oh I didn't know sorry.
Lying, trolling hacker. Aie...
-_-|

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Bubbleme
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Re: Poor Ban'thalos, being killed by a hacker. :c

Unread post by Bubbleme »

Awwh, I know how you feel. Once I found Gondria, before my guildie found her for me ^^, DEAD. A druid was T-bagging her. So I perched down next to him and started ranting in /w to him about how it was a hunters pet, and that it doesn't even drop anything nice. He replies, without my grammatical and spelling corrections; "lol u lose i got here first lol my rite to kil m8 u not here when i killed him ur fault m8", "the only reason why i killed him was to show off to mi guildies, m8 ur not making me say sry". They really piss me off too, those guys, don't worry about it. There's always kind people out there; like us.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

Got Skitter ganked from me again by alliance. I was 2 seconds from finishing my tame when she drops a trap that drops his energy and kills him. Once again, the Runetotem alliance mentality of "if i cant have it no one can" surfaces. /sob

Again, not blaming ALL alliance members on Runetotem (I have 4 of them), but this is the majority of them and their mentality.

When will I get my Skitter?
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

*gently steers this thread to the Consolation Corner*

I sure hope you reported the hacker. >_<

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

It's okay Sarantha. All good things come to people who wait.
It's like: I am helping a hunter camp Skarr, and hopefully in return, I'll get Karkin.
Karma can be a bitch to the right people (excuse my french) and it can be the best thing ever to the right people. Just keep waiting, and you'll get him ^_^
Edit: Horrific spelling fail x. x

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

Yeah, me and like everyone there did report him. :c

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Aww, its okay Tsuki (we probably dont know each other)
He will get Perma Banned for that (Hopefully) and you'll get Banny someday!

Tumblr is here.

Bryndell
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Bryndell »

I am so angry right now, I could spit nails.

I wont name and shame...unless Im allowed...

Ive been camping Skarr since yesterday. Of course, yesterday, the minute I log OUT and get on my shaman, he spawns. OK, 30 minutes after, but whatever. Im OK with that....I logged...so fine.
Its what happened today that makes me so furious Im about to go find this mage and whip him.

Im camping since 11ish my time. Around 6 30...(count...7 hours) Skarr pops on his spot near Kirix. Im like YAY SQUEEE HAPPY TIME! I eat some food, I pop a elixer, and I hit tame. I see the barrage, I SS, tame again.

He casts Barrage AGAIN...Im like...WTF? Not expecting a 2nd barrage I get hit. OK, so I chalk it up to nerves. I die, I rezz, I eat, I re-elixer, and hit tame again. Barrage- SS. WTF BARRAGE AGAIN?? Im talking to my GM and shes like...WTH herself. Neither of us can figure out why hes double barraging like that.

Wait...WHY IS SKARR TARGETTING A MAGE??? There is a mage out there who is DIRECTLY interfering with my tame. He purposely hit Skarr to break my tame, and blow my CDs, and I yelled at him to STOP IT. I got whispered by someone else...they told me that this mage is holding Skarr hostage for his guildy. AND they brought a healer. So Im outnumbered, and anytime I TRY...they break MY tame. The other hunter tamed him while I was waiting out a rezz CD. I nearly screamed in my house. There was NO ONE THERE at the spawn but ME...so I have NO idea how this happened.

I blew up a GM ticket with names and times and was FURIOUS. When I rezzed, the mage ran by me and LAUGHED AT ME.

Then in /say..

Mage-LOL Nice try...
Me- You both have been reported for griefing.
Mage- I was helping a friend get a pet.
Me- Ive been camping for 7 hours. Your friend needs to camp his own damn pets.
Mage- LOL

Come to find out, this mage ruined an Ulduar lock out with my GM, and constantly griefs other hunters mid tame as well.

HELPING A FRIEND GET A PET DOES NOT INVOLVE SCREWING UP MY TAME!
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

@Bryndell:
It seems that people need their hands held in taming. This...this I would be furious in too. This advice might seem hallow and all, but I would report them, /ignore. Skarr will come to you someday, and the griefers, they'll get the karma back into their faces ^_^

Tumblr is here.

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Okay guys, I'm not going to be in this thread for a little while. Trying to get into Pottermore has claimed my soul.

I trust you guys will comfort each other and whatnot while I spend the rest of my life staring at the Pottermore homepage waiting for that blasted clue to appear. :1
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Bryndell
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Bryndell »

Aeladrine wrote:Okay guys, I'm not going to be in this thread for a little while. Trying to get into Pottermore has claimed my soul.

I trust you guys will comfort each other and whatnot while I spend the rest of my life staring at the Pottermore homepage waiting for that blasted clue to appear. :1

/pat pat

There there. My daughter is doing the same thing. She said just NOW that the clue would pop at 6AM Central time, since they were popping it at midnight in the UK.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Bryndell wrote:
Aeladrine wrote:Okay guys, I'm not going to be in this thread for a little while. Trying to get into Pottermore has claimed my soul.

/pat pat

There there. My daughter is doing the same thing. She said just NOW that the clue would pop at 6AM Central time, since they were popping it at midnight in the UK.
It's either three or four am for me. /sob It's gonna be a long night.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Aeladrine wrote:
Bryndell wrote:

/pat pat

It's either three or four am for me. /sob It's gonna be a long night.
I have no bloody idea what Pottermore is, but I wish you good luck on it ^_^
Like my famous motto is, Everyone good will get what they desire, but it just takes time.

Tumblr is here.

Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm US

Unread post by Feralclaw »

Grrr I was kiting Solix for my friend. He's at tameable energy now. But I look over and... he's dead. A tauren hunter brought his energy down low so he died. And I'm stuck with this stupid crystal that makes me feel bad. :oops:
Credit to Razzy for the avatar. Thanks!