The Consolation Corner

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Hivemind
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Re: The Consolation Corner

Unread post by Hivemind »

Had a same faction hunter pop down and kill Arcturis when I was about 1 second from finishing my tame. He laughed at me and said someone did it to him before so he wanted me to see how it felt. -_-
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

D: I don't understand why he would do that to YOU. You weren't the one that killed his rare. Why show a completely random stranger how it felt when the stranger had nothing to do with it?

I'm sorry that happened, Hivemind.

Siggy under construction!

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Lisaara »

....Why the fuck......

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Windwolf
Realm: Agamaggan

Unread post by Windwolf »

Does anyone know if Blizzard will be making any tamable pets "RETIRED" before or after the release of WoD. I would like to keep or tame what I can before this blasphemous action occurs.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Windwolf wrote:Does anyone know if Blizzard will be making any tamable pets "RETIRED" before or after the release of WoD. I would like to keep or tame what I can before this blasphemous action occurs.
We get this question a lot on the forums, and to be honest, we just have no way of knowing.

Usually unintentional tames have a very short window of time. I don't think there's any current pets available that will be retired. Often they are things like appearance buffs, or a model that we know is not normally tameable. When that type of tame is discovered people tend to get them just in case, and if they're lucky they still retain the pet after the method is removed. I think the most recent example might be the maggots that were briefly available. Most suspected they would not last long so anyone who was really attached ensured they had them tamed.

Again though, you never know when something like that will pop up, but to my best guess there are no currently available pets that seem like they would be removed later. I think most of the Pandaria tames that fit that profile have already been fixed so there's no way to get them now.
Salidir
Realm: Rune Totem - US

Unread post by Salidir »

Two times within the last 24 hours, other hunters have killed Arcturis while I was in the middle of taming him. I am livid. They had the balls to taunt and laugh at me after the fact.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wow hun. That's horrible!

LisaaraPokefarm

Salidir

Unread post by Salidir »

I'm honestly sick of competing cross realm for tames, I need to find someone on ravenholdt or venture co. that can help me out
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

It is hard, believe me, I know. Any server can help you.

LisaaraPokefarm

Salidir

Unread post by Salidir »

at 10:15pm est I tamed him. Mow onto the journey of finding him a name.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Grats!

LisaaraPokefarm

Horohoro
Realm: Earthen Ring US

Unread post by Horohoro »

I'm still salty that the tan Draenor wolves aren't doing to be in-game. UGGGHHHH. I was planning to have all 5 of the colors as my main pets and they'd be the litter of my original wolf that's been with me from when I started. With the model updates though, I just don't like how out of place he looks next to my tauren so it's time to retire him. Oh well, I'm sure none of the Draenor wolves barked when you clicked them so it wouldn't've been the same...

I decided though that my hunter is going to be switching his main pet to a Rylak, so that should be cool.
InfernalEnt
Realm: Proudmoore-US

Unread post by InfernalEnt »

Finally saw trigore spawn only to have some level 20 hordie kill it right in front of me, thanks to me tabbing out for a moment and the changes to npcscan. Guess a few more 12 hour camp shifts on my days off are going to happen again ;_;

If anyone is on low pop or sees him up my tag is Infernalent#1458, this rare is proving to be even worse than Terrorpene was for me (my former longest camp)
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Just had kind of a rough morning on my undead hunter. I had her camping Gib the Banana-Hoarder all morning. All by myself, for a good while. Then a human huntress from Moon Guard shows up. She waves at me, I figure, "what the heck," and wave back at her. She leaves.

Then...the trouble starts. A male orc and a female pandaren, both hunters and both 90, from Wyrmrest Accord show up. And stay...and don't really say anything to me. Instead, they sit there and start talking about what I can only assume was the most disgusting thing they could come up with in their guild chat. I can only guess they were trying to drive me off, talking about how the orc wanted to become a woman, and implying an incestuous relationship. It offended me, I will admit, because I have a very dear friend who is transitioning, but I wasn't going to be driven off or distracted by children.

Then, finally, after an hour or more of having to listen to them...Gib spawns. I tab-target, start to tame...and the female pandaren casually just one-shots him.

I'm not sure if I'm more upset at the trans-phobic talk I had to listen to to only have my tame killed, or the implied incestuous crud I had to listen to, only to have my tame killed out from under me. GRRRAH!

Guess it's back to camping in another three hours or so.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Aw damn. What a douche! Hey, if you have me on RiD, I could pull you to Icecrown. :3

LisaaraPokefarm

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

I don't have your RealID - but I may take you up on that at some point tomorrow. The douches showed up again at the next spawn - brought a third member of their guild. The orc pulled out his Terrorpene, and they tried their damnedest to make a living wall, to prevent me from seeing if the monkey spawned, When it finally did spawn, the darn pandaren got the tame. I was a better person, and didn't kill it mid-tame, but I can't say I wasn't very tempted.

Then a bit ago, while I was still patiently camping, a level 90 dwarf showed up and pulled his bow as he was standing next to me. I gave up for the night. I really don't think I could have stood having it killed out from under me again.

EDIT: Finally got him this morning! I had Quirkie all settled in on a mushroom chair, resigned to another long wait since I'd already been there for an hour, when all of a sudden, it was OMGWTFMonkey! Startled the heck out of me. So now Bonzo is mine, nice and quiet, just like I had wanted it to be in the first place.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Twila
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn, Silver Hand

Unread post by Twila »

So I've been after Bombyx for a long while now.. long.. as it sense he first came out. I've hunted for him on both my alliance and horde hunters, but at this point I'd settle for either or as I've just never been able to locate this cute worm. I gave up the hunt on his early existence as there were just way to many hunters farming him. That's fine, I can wait.

Yet even as the hype blew after a few months I still found it hard to locate the cuttie. Out of all these types of 'follow the tracks' tames, Bombyx is the only one I haven't been able to locate. I searched on and off, every time I logged on I'd take a trip out and see if I had any luck.. nada..

Until yesterday.

My moo cow finally had some luck! I noticed the little plants and was on the hunt. It took several minutes and I was nearly thinking someone may have nabbed him but then I finally caught his tush end in a flair before he poofed. You have no idea how much I miss hunters mark at this point. I lost him for another few tense minutes then found him again, just woddleing into my flair.

I was unaware someone had been watching my struggles.

Just before I could start the tame another hunter shows up with their own flair being placed and starts attacking Bombyx. Were they trying to steal the tame? No... as they had their own Bombyx pet tanking... I tried and pull Bombyx to me but it was no use.. I was stuck as I watched his health dwindle down until he slumped to the ground dead... The hunter then laughed at me, huged their own Bombyx and flew off with another laugh.

Out of all the 'follow the track tames' Bombyx has been the only one I've struggled to find.. and the only one to be stolen from me. Even with their supposed hour long spawn timers, I've not been able to pick up his tracks again...

I'm hoping to have some better luck today... but ugh how can a fellow hunter be such a poor sport?

Amisha - lv 100 Tauren Hunter - Silver Hand:US - Pet Stable
Twilatsuki - lv 95 Night Elf Hunter - Argent Dawn:US - Pet Stable

Battle Pet Collection

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

while it most likely wouldnt help i would have reported the 2 of them cause in my eyes thats simply harashment <.<

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Iziri
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Iziri »

This was a result of my own stupidity.

I spent 5 hours camping for Ban'thalos. My little cousin sees and decides to stay up with me. It's a weekend so we bond, BS around, I show him a pic of the owl on Petopia and he gets so psyched when he sees how awesome it looks. He spawns at 2 in the morning. I aggro him, and when he gets close enough, I hit tame. Messege comes up. "You have too many pets already". I forgot to stable my pets. No big deal, right? I summon my wolf to abandon him. Wolf killed Ban'thalos.

...My little cousin and I share the grief.

My cousin and I go to sleep. But I set my alarm to wake me up at 7AM. I'm groggy, but I tell myself it's going to be worth it. I won't make the same mistake again! Put ALL of my pets in stables, go back to the spawn point and wait. Ban'thalos spawns at 8AM. I try to pull aggro and...

...One shotted him.

I cry to my guildie in Btag who's trying his best not to laugh at me while he's trying to console me. In the middle of my QQing a kind passerby hunter who was also taming rares in the area informs me that another spirit beast has spawned, Magria. I thank her profusely and run down to tame her. This helps ease the tears, as my waiting was not all for not.

I take a few hours away from the computer to cool off and catch up on sleep. Wake up 4 hours later. Fly to darnassus and buy a level 3 bow from the vendor. Take off ALL of my gear until I'm only wearing the bandages shirt (to symbolize my PAIN) and a pair of statless lvl 1 cloth pants.

I return to the spawn point AGAIN and wait... I look up Ban'thalos taming strats up on the google machine, create a macro that will stop auto attack after I hit Ban'thalos with Tranquilizing shot. I practice dismounting in the air, using tranquilizing shot, then quickly disengaging right before I hit the ground. Little cousin wake up at around 10. He gives me moral support. I fail a few times at first on the disengage part but that's okay. This is what rehearsal is for.

I go to the shrine of Aviana and practice on a few high flying birds. Little cousin cheers when I do it successfully the first time. He's getting as passionate about it as I am. He's so adorable. I practice until I can do it 3 times consecutively.

I return to the spawn point. There's another hunter camping on the tip of the tallest tree. I now have competition. Little eleven year old cousin is smack talking him in the background. Ain't nobody got time for that.

We tab out for a little while, watch some youtube, check every 10 minutes. Ban'thalos spawns. hunter on the tree top sets down freezing trap.

Uh-uh we ain't having that. Not after all that grief. I was there for 3 times as long as him and there was no way I was gonna let him steal this tame from me. But It's okay. I practiced for this moment. I fly up, target Ban'thalos... Dismount, tranquilizing shot, disengage. Ban'thalos comes down. I set down freeze trap, tame... BAM!

Finally got my spirit owl.

Eleven year old cousin and I go insane screaming and running around the room. Hugs were had.

That was my weekend.
Death_Dino
Realm: A lot of realms o.o

Unread post by Death_Dino »

I was after Sambas lately and these few months when I hopped into trade chat there would always be these people who complained about a certain guild.
Later that day I went to find Sambas but as I dropped down a guy from that EXACT guild came and killed him.
THE UNDEPASS HAS BEEN RAIDED BY DEMENTORS O NOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm literally going to crap a castle if I have to endure any more of this lameness!. -Harry Potter

I'M DISSAPOINTED IN U DERPYKERPY I HAD AN INTERVIEW 2 DAY AND THEY TOLD ME I WAS THE FATTEST CHICK THEYVE SEEN!
-Sir Topham Fat