The Consolation Corner

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
WhyNotCats909
Realm: Misha, Kul Tiras

Re: The Consolation Corner

Unread post by WhyNotCats909 »

http://www.wowhead.com/item=118246/call ... wolfmother

Public Enemy #1. Do not use.

Lost a rare to this thing, man. Don't even need a player to grief you when you've got a trinket that probably shouldn't pop on Tame Beast.
Please don't hug the shiny kitties. The shiny kitties are angry all the time, and I wouldn't want Crazy Red Eyed Kitties to nom your face.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

This happened back in Wrath, when I was SV and thought "what the heck let's go BM and get Reptar" (aka King Krush). Go flying around Sholazar, all day, and found Loque'Nahak twice! Tamed em once and even held him for some other dude to come tame. Finally in the evening King Krush spawns, my guildie flies over to help me tame, cause it was when you needed the haste trinket, potion, and blood lust to get the tame off in time before getting nommed. Heart's racing it's like 1130p, I'm tired, I just want the tame. I land pop all the goodies start to tame, I have the 'target'.

Then all of a sudden he's got a hunters mark on him... I try to distract and retame... his health is going down... I see another hunter, of my own faction, killing King Krush. I'm devastated, I shakingly type to the dude "what the heck man you know I was taming him right?!", his reply "I needed the kill for Medium Rare...". Needless to say I cried, as pathetic as it sounded, cried myself to sleep. it was pathetic.

Later the next evening, another one of my guildies showed up to help me tame King Krush after having had him massacred by a mage at One Pillar... mind you I've done nothing but fly around Sholazar the past two days with little to no sleep and no 'fun game time' to be had... thankfully, with my guildies help, I got the tame, talk about "phew", worst gank tame ever (so far). yeesh.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I finally finally got a Felslate basilisk to spawn from my mining, tame almost complete ............... undead horde rogue (level 110) attacks and kills it. :cry: I've been trying since getting to the Broken Isles for one and it just spawned yesterday (she is level 107). I was crushed.
Why do people do this still?? It's so rude!
What was worse it's like he just killed it just to be a dick. No looting. Just hit vanish and left.
This behavior shouldn't effect me anymore but it does. Especially after so much work to get one to spawn.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

zedxrgal wrote:I finally finally got a Felslate basilisk to spawn from my mining, tame almost complete ............... undead horde rogue (level 110) attacks and kills it. :cry: I've been trying since getting to the Broken Isles for one and it just spawned yesterday (she is level 107). I was crushed.
Why do people do this still?? It's so rude!
What was worse it's like he just killed it just to be a dick. No looting. Just hit vanish and left.
This behavior shouldn't effect me anymore but it does. Especially after so much work to get one to spawn.
Aw, that's terrible. :( Take a look at this thread, it might be a bit easier to find one:
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24339
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Along with what Veph said, you may look into finding a friend or friendly stranger with mining that would be willing to help! If you don't know anyone with mining, a quick /1 chat or going to a major city would almost surely net you a friendly player willing to help you out. Especially if you're already out and have a node for them to mine :D

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
zedxrgal

Thanks guys. I saw the thread on the world quest for mining. :) She hit 110 today and still no spawn when mining on her own. *sigh*
I will keep checking around. These guys seem to be the rarest spawns of Legion. At least for me they are

Nhee
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Nhee »

Confound that Hati! I finally found Araga on my main BM hunter. Dismissed pet, triple checked to see if Hati is gone, and hit tame. One second later, and Araga just drops dead! In front of her kittens and everything :(
I am so annoyed with myself, I should just have unequipped my artifact. :(

I know there are lions in the Barrens with the same skin, but it's not the same.

EDIT: After having the same thing happen to Lopex on the same hunter, with Titanstrike unequipped, I realized that Hati is not the culprit. Rather, it's my trinket Oakheart's Gnarled Root, who has a chance to do extra damage on each attack.
I was not aware that Tame Beast is considered an attack. :/

zedxrgal

Nhee wrote:I was not aware that Tame Beast is considered an attack. :/
I'm so sorry this happened to you. :hug: And that's odd because you can cast Aspect of the Turtle and tame a high level beast. AotT usually will not let you "attack" while it's active so I didn't think tame beast was. Regardless. Terribly sorry.

Snypyr
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Snypyr »

Well, today I accidentally took my flame boar into Timewalking... :(

RIP flame boar, you were my favourite :'(
Littlemyuu
Realm: Al'akir

Unread post by Littlemyuu »

Not much happened to me, I did met Hunters of the opposite faction, since I'm Horde. once saw an Alliance mid taming Loque, I cheered and she got him, most of the times I meet nice people and If I see a spirit I /who Hunters and tell them about it.

But one time I saw Ankha I had it already so I was just floating above it to keep an eye on it. then an Alliance Hunter showed up, she tried to tame full gear and kept on dying, suddenly an Horde warrior came along and ATTACKED Ankha! I yelled at him to stop, my S.O was with me and /w the Horde to stop being an & =%(+ I then quickly made an Ally and /w the poor Hunter who was confused. I told her to get all her gear off and wait till the Horde died from Ankha's claws. he did die! so the ally Hunter quickly got nude and hit tame! just some milliseconds to go...

YES the Ally got Ankha! the Horde came back and /spits to the ally, Me the Ally and my S.O just danced with the tamed Ankha. Horde called us traitor and left, we laughed it off and congrats the Ally Hunter.

This all happend a while ago, but I never forget that day.
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: argent dawn

Unread post by muajin »

I wish hunters didn't kill other hunters while they tried to camp. I died a dozen times on the ledge in SW with my hunter trying for the gryphon. Always the same hunter and sometimes this other one. T.T
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

A dude kept murdering the manashell turtles. Also, I'm on Moon Guard. I have no chance at getting that gryphon. My horde panda's corpse will be a welcome mat. I hate this realm sometimes. It's a 70:30 A:H ratio.

... yeah, I'm never seeing that gryphon.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by muajin »

zedxrgal wrote:Thanks guys. I saw the thread on the world quest for mining. :) She hit 110 today and still no spawn when mining on her own. *sigh*
I will keep checking around. These guys seem to be the rarest spawns of Legion. At least for me they are
not that rare...i get 1-3 a day if i farm felslate.
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by muajin »

*funny note..but in similar context* I went to this bar the other night...found a HOT girl i was trying to *tame* ....along comes another *hunter* and starts to tame her at the same time. i lost the tame..and went home alone. T.T
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

3 and a half hours into a camp for Gon, Org re-instances me and shifts me to another Org...all my time lost to a spawn I know nothing about now..

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

There's Alliance camping on the gryphon point specifically to ward off Horde. :| I hate being on a 70:30 server sometimes.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

And now it shifted me BACK to the server with the mammoth riding asses who say they have priority now since I "left"

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

1:03 Arizona time on Moon Guard once again it happened the egg spawned and I waited a few seconds but with another hunter close by didn't want to wait to long so I clicked the egg and you guessed it no Gon.

Appears Blizzard hasn't fixed this bug yet since so many are still having it this is getting stupid having to wait for how ever long only to not have the damn thing spawn.
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by muajin »

Novikova wrote:A dude kept murdering the manashell turtles. Also, I'm on Moon Guard. I have no chance at getting that gryphon. My horde panda's corpse will be a welcome mat. I hate this realm sometimes. It's a 70:30 A:H ratio.

if i ever find nobody camping the gryphon, i will let you hop on my server.
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by muajin »

Novikova wrote:A dude kept murdering the manashell turtles. Also, I'm on Moon Guard. I have no chance at getting that gryphon. My horde panda's corpse will be a welcome mat. I hate this realm sometimes. It's a 70:30 A:H ratio.

if My hordie can get him..yours can too :D