The Consolation Corner

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: The Consolation Corner

Unread post by Novikova »

I'm working on it. Kinda hard when I get ganked and there's already another Horde and a gnome there. I'll just keep checking in on it or try for a server hop group.

It's just incredibly discouraging that it's camped at all hours of every day.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
martin123

Unread post by martin123 »

Remarkable working!
tachophobia
ipledges
Last edited by martin123 on Fri May 05, 2017 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
smashfanDS
Realm: EU - Silvermoon

Unread post by smashfanDS »

WhyNotCats909 wrote:http://www.wowhead.com/item=118246/call ... wolfmother

Public Enemy #1. Do not use.

Lost a rare to this thing, man. Don't even need a player to grief you when you've got a trinket that probably shouldn't pop on Tame Beast.
Thanks for the warning, what a shame :(
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

I came upon sorrowwing and started tame

Some pos lvl33 hunter kills it

Are you freaking kidding me
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

Just got him yay!
Novikova

7+ hours of farming meat, 50k gold gone because some human paladin. so bummed.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Isabeau
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Isabeau »

I am so heartbroken :(

I have been wanting the green panthara so bad. I killed so many talbuks and didnt get any meat so i finally just bought some from the AH even though it was so expensive.

I got 1 piece of meat and it didn't work...
Went and bought two more and it still did not work.

IDK what I am doing wrong :( I watched the videos and seem to do everything just as they did.
I went surv, went into camouflage, used a frost trap, made sure i was out of combat, threw the meat, and it puts me into combat every single time.

I seriously wanna cry. so much wasted time and gold for nothing :(
Bluefire
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Duskwood

Unread post by Bluefire »

Isabeau, I'd be happy to help you tame one if you havn't already. I've managed to tame every color on two hunters partially because I'ma collector and partially to perfect the tame. I don't currently have any meat but I'd be happy to farm/help farm some up for you.
mnenioc
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Silvermoon

Unread post by mnenioc »

Restarted playing WoW again after close to a 2 year hiatus, and decided I wanted to try Mythic for Fenryr. Of course, maybe I should've read up on it a bit more but might as well have fun learning it.

I get Hymdal after 2 wipes, then proceed to Fenryr, and take phase 1 pretty easily. Now the fun begins.
After around 8 wipes (one time they split up and some adds went through the lake and the others the bridge to cut me off), I'm getting the hang of dealing with the adds, and get him down to 25M, then 20M and I'm thinking, this is going great, then... I keep on trying to Mend Pet, and the green glow doesn't go away, I can move but everything is stuck.

UGH WOW51900319...
I get back and realize my toon died. After reading up a bit, I know that when that DC happens, no pet after killing Fenryr... Painful. :cry: :evil:
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I've been on the lookout for Terrorpene for my themed Horde hunter for a while, but I'd never seen him in the wild. After a two hour queue into a Blackrock Caverns on my LF Draenei this evening (morning?) the tank and healer both left, so I was questing out in Hyjal for about 40 minutes waiting for a new pair to join up when who should I finally see? But I can't relog to nab him because I'm in an instance group and it's been 40 minutes and I just... ;_;

So I sit there watching him wander around for about ten more minutes when my only remaining DPS buddy leaves the group, dequeueing me. Blows, but at least I can relog to nab him, assuming I can get myself into the right phase! As I'm sitting in the air above him waiting for my log out timer... a 110 warrior comes over and kills him.

(Phasing did work out to my advantage this time, because I was NOT in the same instance of Hyjal when I logged over to my hunter, and I actually saw a second Terrorpene spawn within twenty minutes of sitting there, so I went from never having seen him to having seen him twice in the span of an hour, and now I have a nice smokey Boyland for my Killian, wooooo!)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

I still don't understand the need people have to kill things that don't drop anything worthwhile. Like those Cata pets. A friend of mine was in the middle of trying to tame Terrorpene when they ended up having another hunter drop in on them and kill Terror. That was two years ago and they only on and off play when they can afford it. (I finally realm jumped to find it for them a couple months back. So it had a happy ending, just way longer then it should have taken.)

I even just watched a 110 Hunter spawn Gon just now, while I was on my mage fishing, to kill it with his own. I don't get people at all sometimes.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Novikova

I am the griefer this time, and I feel horrible.

A hunter spawned the gryphon in Stormwind with her pets out, stood there and did nothing for awhile. I thanked her and started to tame. She dismissed her pets and told me to fuck off. I offered to let myself die, as it was eating my face. She didn't respond. Instead, she took her pets out. So I finished the tame.

I sent money, an apology and offered to use other alts to server hop for it. No response. I feel horrible.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I wouldn't say that you were a griefer. You gave her a chance to tame it, and not only did she not tame it but she didn't say anything to you. When she got upset, you offered to let her have the gryphon and she didn't say anything. Imo, she was far more in the wrong than you were.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

TBH it sounds like THEY were the griefer. They werent there to tame it. They were there to make people feel bad for taming it. Maybe some new trick for making gold off others?
Either way, you gave them time to tame it, they didnt. So you did. Being there first doesnt mean squat when you're not actually trying to tame it.
You did nothing wrong. Dont let it bother you.

Siggy under construction!

Novikova

I honestly thought she was helping me because I had asked in trade if a hunter was willing to spawn it for me, so she zipped in and the rest is as I said. I mean, I even tried to pull her to some low pop realms to check. I sent an apology, so I dunno. I just feel like an ass.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

It sounds to me like you did everything a reasonable person would do, and even when you thought you'd mistaken the situation you attempted to correct it. :) Sounds like they were just being uncooperative and that's not your fault. Another feather will spawn, they can try again if they need it so badly.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Disclaimer: This is consolation corner cause I feel I need consoling because I feel Blizzard completely ruined demon dogs.
I logged into WoW for the first time since 02/2017. I have lurked here for a long while trying to at least somewhat keep up with all the changes happening in general. I knew demon dogs (a VERY beloved pet) had been changed.
I thought I'd give them a chance. See what they looked like with my characters.
Mortification set in soon as I called Lucifur my horde gal's beloved Karazhan phase hound she's had since they first became tamable in 2010. No more cute bounce. No more being it's own dog. Just a growth stunted wolf. Real nice Blizzard. I don't know why I was hoping they'd actually find a way to at least give them back their bounce.
While I am still not a fan of the humpback dull-poorly colored hyenas (she's had the Galak Packhound named Bonepaw since 2008-ish) seeing her beloved Lucifur was way way way more jarring and heartbreaking than seeing Bonepaw.
So I am posting my sadness here (since not sure where else to grieve in a sense) because .................... consolation corner.
I asked for my money back for the month sub I spent. Probably won't get it. But.
Thanks for listening.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

zedxrgal wrote:Disclaimer: This is consolation corner cause I feel I need consoling because I feel Blizzard completely ruined demon dogs.
I logged into WoW for the first time since 02/2017. I have lurked here for a long while trying to at least somewhat keep up with all the changes happening in general. I knew demon dogs (a VERY beloved pet) had been changed.
I thought I'd give them a chance. See what they looked like with my characters.
Mortification set in soon as I called Lucifur my horde gal's beloved Karazhan phase hound she's had since they first became tamable in 2010. No more cute bounce. No more being it's own dog. Just a growth stunted wolf. Real nice Blizzard. I don't know why I was hoping they'd actually find a way to at least give them back their bounce.
While I am still not a fan of the humpback dull-poorly colored hyenas (she's had the Galak Packhound named Bonepaw since 2008-ish) seeing her beloved Lucifur was way way way more jarring and heartbreaking than seeing Bonepaw.
So I am posting my sadness here (since not sure where else to grieve in a sense) because .................... consolation corner.
I asked for my money back for the month sub I spent. Probably won't get it. But.
Thanks for listening.
I feel the same way about the update to the demon dogs. I've grown to hate the coyote rig because it's on so many things. :/ Thankfully, the runed demon dogs are fine for the time being, but I get the feeling they'll also be changed eventually. ._. The demon dogs lost their bouncyness for fleas.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I feel the same pain about demon dogs.
My poor Baku just doesnt feel the same. His personality is gone.
The model NEEDED updating. Badly. But the rig? The rig was fine. Not everything needs to be on the coyote skeleton :C

The fact that it now does a stupid little dog howl every once in a while is icing on the crap-cake that is the new update for them. That's not remotely at all what they sound like! D:

Siggy under construction!

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

@Bowno: I have yet to hear the howl myself. I pulled Macabre (Fidonis) out of Shuurai's stable the other day to see how he was like, and I learned that the goddamned scratching has a sound effect. It kept going on every five seconds and drove me up the wall to the point of having to log off before I could hear the howl for myself. I'm so sorry for your loss, and I feel the same way about Macabre. :( As pretty as he is now, he's just not himself.