The Consolation Corner

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vinessa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Ysondre - US

Re: The Consolation Corner

Unread post by Vinessa »

Like 5 days ago, i spotted Deth'tilac, with some hunters around, and one of them, is a friend. Asked him if he wanted help to tame (i already have Deth).

I head there, and he was kiting him already
I send Mot several times with my friend kiting Deth
30%... i had it aggroed, then i try to pass thru him with deterrence, but i got lagged and he killed me.
20%... im running back to my corpse, but i see that im not the only one thats dead. my friend was also dead. Damn.
i click the accept button but Deth'tilac was... dead...
My friend comes back to his corpse and ask: Who tamed him? me: He died :(

Also, yesterday Karkin and Kirix were up. i ask my friend if he wanted one of them, he went for Kirix.
When i was there camouflaged, a DK attacks Karkin, but he died. i whisper him: Dont kill him, fool
MY friend was there -starts to come to Skarr's rock- starts to tame Kirix, he dies.
When he comes back, the DK started to Kill Karkin. suck it. Karkin dead. Me: why did you killed him?! DK: cause i felt like killing it

Omfg i got so angry that i wanted to kick him, then cook him alive and let dogs pee on him ._.

After that, my friend managed to tame Kirix successfully ^^
Kirsten
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Kirsten »

Vinessa wrote:
Omfg i got so angry that i wanted to kick him, then cook him alive and let dogs pee on him ._.
People are horrible and I'm not sadistic, but what you said was funny. @_@ Yeah, I totally understand though. I was helping a few hunters try to get Deth one day and alliance kept ganking us, but everyone that was in Molten Front started rallying together to kill Deth rather than have the hunter and his friends have it.
Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm US

Unread post by Feralclaw »

Omg... So I was doing my dailies and a GUILDIE goes Omg I got him! I /who'd him and my stomach gave a lurch. They were in Sholazar. I asked if they killed Loque and they said yes. They were part of my channel that rehomes rares. They've never rehomed a rare yet. I said dude you'd rather have a dumb achievement rather than 200+g and my respect? They said lol I have plenty of gold and I don't want your respect. I can kill what I want. They earned a place on my ignore list and my disrespect.
Credit to Razzy for the avatar. Thanks!
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Oh wow, this place exploded while I was gone! Moderator, thank you so much for keeping an eye on this thread and fixing an issue for me while I was gone!(:

I'm kind of happy that this thread is growing larger because it means people are actually using it, but at the same time it makes me upset. To be honest, I was almost hoping that it would die off as people stopped griefing. The griefing hasn't even slowed down, however, and this place is getting more posts than ever before.

I don't know what to say to all of you to help you feel better. I know that, a lot of the time, a nice vent will be enough to make you feel up to camping again. For those of whom this is not the case, please feel free to send me a note if you need an ear to cry in. I honestly don't mind (in fact, every day I realize I don't have any noes waiting for me I get a little sadder(; ) and if it helps you feel better than I am more than happy to help.

I don't know how often I'll be in this thread for the next few days. My dog is home again, but I need to keep a close on her and I have a lot of cleaning that I need to get done now that she's home.

The best way to reach me, should you need to, will be through notes. Stay safe everyone, and hopefully don't get griefed!(:
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

I have already tamed Skitterflame, but another hunter in our RareCampers channel was wanting him. He spawns. Someone in general says "Skitterflame is up" so what happens? A moonkin runs over and kills him for shiz and giggles just because he could. When asked if the 25g made him happy, he said no, but the hunter tears do and "lol look at all the hunters in general crying over this mob its just a game lololol". These griefers don't realize there are REAL LIVE PEOPLE underneath the pixels, ffs. ><

This really ticked me off. The same moonkin also tried killing Kirix when he spawned later, but Kirix is a crafty, deadly fellow and wouldn't go down so easily to some noob and got tamed by a loving horde hunter.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Honestly, people are alarmingly sociopathic at times when it comes to 'lol just a game lololol'. If it was JUST a game, did you have to do something you knew would upset them? It really perturbs me sometimes. A pair of hunters on my server is notorious for taming multiples of a rare or killing it if they have it. I felt terrible for the hordie who lost Banny to them. :/ And yes, this duo of hunters has hunter alts... who also tame the rares.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Some people are just cruel, I saw a red dot on Saon that read Skarr. See I dont believe its skarr until I eagle eye and see the actual mob because there are a few alliance hunters who like to use their skarr to trip up scanners and have the same name and well basically stay right at the spawn point for lols..
so when I saw it was actually him I switched to Reika. Jumped over ok.. fell over.. believing I can fly does not work out so well. It only happens when you bribe them enough apparently. Saw the usual worgen hunter there and he was trying so I waited for my turn but I saw one thing. This orc hunter kept shooting skarr and interrupting his tame, he did this twice and I whispered him to stop it. Another hunter came and tried the BM way but unfortunately it didnt go and then the orc hunter interrupted him to. At this point I knew it wasnt going to go so well.. so I ran up and tamed Skarr. I asked the hunter what was going on and why he wouldnt let that guy tame and all he said was he enjoyed killing rares infront of hunters and to qq more. Basically I called him ignorant, then he went on saying some bull about how hed never camp for a rare and thats it stupid. At this point it was obvious he was just one of those people... I told him that just because he wouldnt camp, to grief someone who is, is just cruel. The he gave himself a pat on the back for not interfering with my tame and called me a kid and put me on ignore. I am glad I got skarr but it left a bitter taste in my mouth...

I did name my kitty Banzai though, its kinda how I felt when I fell well what I said out loud when I fell isnt exactly allowed to be a name :lol:

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill

Unread post by Congafury »

I was trying to help my guildie tame Ban'thalos, a BE hunter kept getting into her trap, had to kill her several times:( sorry!
But then that ugly warrior came and killed Ban, may RNG hate him for that!
Don't panic!
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Don't know if its right to post this here, but I'd like to console the two NElves that lost Banny to me awhile ago. You guys tagged him first and got him trapped and took the first moonfire, but then you backed up and went splatter all over the ground. I was mean and tamed Banny when he was sitting there meleeing me like a wet napkin. To be fair, you DID fail the challenge and fall. =(

I still feel bad though, and I'm sorry. Sorry one of you ate the moonfire, too. /cry
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Britany
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Kargath (US)

Unread post by Britany »

The other day, I was in the Molten Front talking to my friend (another rare camper like myself) and Anthriss spawned literally on top of me when I was running up the path to the Widow's Clutch. We decided to try and find a home for him and watch dumb players get destroyed by him. A few people die and finally a night elf hunter shows up and talks about how easy the tame is. Another hunter showed up, and she even convinced them not to tame Anthriss because "he isn't special." The night elf says "Just kill it, ugly pet no one wants and the tear vendors for 150 LOL" so we said "No, it's only 25g and it would be better off just letting someone tame him. Not worth it." The hunter ignores us and says "I think it should die so another rare can spawn LOL" and starts attacking Anthriss. My friend and I were cheering Anthriss on xD Sadly, he died, but not before taking that night elf with him, thankfully. After the hunter rezzes, they say "Easy kill see rofl what a waste of a rare at least the cat and crab are unique" and runs off. They were even whining about getting the server first Kirix tame but then finding out there was a common version of him and getting PO'd. Really? You're mad about being the first person out of thousands to tame Kirix just because he's not "unique" enough?

15 minutes later, I'm up on Fireplume Peak and something starts attacking me as this night elf happens to be running by. I had no pet summoned so I just summoned whatever was in my first stable slot and it happened to be Skarr. The hunter whispers me asking me all about him and saying how much he wanted him. I decided to be nice and give him some info - which I really shouldn't have done but I'm not good at being mean - and I tried to explain to him why he shouldn't have killed Amthriss simultaneously. His excuse was that "there's a 55 page thread about how gay the yellow spider is" and that nobody likes him, etc. First of all, you're using the word "gay" to call him ugly and lame. No. Gay means happy or attracted to someone of the same gender. Second of all, not everyone wants Karkin. Most hunters prefer Skarr. But you want Karkin (by the way, Deth'tilac is the "purple spider." Karkin is the crab. You don't even know the name of the pet you want? Wow). If some hunter came up and said "LOL karkins ugly and no one wants him Skarr is better lololol kill Karkin so another rare can spawn k easy kill free 25g bye," would you be angry? Obviously. But since Anthriss shares a model with common spiders, that makes it totally okay to kill him, since you are so all-knowing and apparently you KNOW that nobody on the server wants to tame him.

I just found that hunter to be pathetic. He killed one of the taming challenges since he didn't like it and it wasn't unique. It's even worse because she said that she'd tamed Anthriss already..

Edit: Fixed to make it less confusing xD
Last edited by Britany on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

@Britany: I agree with this. I've been told about Brown Madexx model that no one likes him blah blah blah, kill him. But a few nights ago, I found Brown Madexx, and a hunter who tamed him and said, omg omg, Thank you so much! to me. He also said: I've been looking for Brown Madexx forever. So common skin, so what? The 25g isn't worth it, and you just killed a rare someone might want.
And yes, that hunter is pathetic, and Karma will get him back to see horde/more alliance kill Deth. (By accident, or purpose, either way it will be Karma)

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I gotta let this off my chest.
Today I was doing dailies in MF, and NPCscan blares again. It was deth. I figure it was someone tripping the the scanner, but it wasnt. It was legit Deth. I start kiting him, druids come in. I know one of these druids from when I was horde, and we arent the best of friends. Sooo, me and another hunter tag team to get deth. Horde hunter comes in, and he doesnt bother us. The druids come back. It was a whole crap load of problems and dying. The druids end up getting him tagged (Told by a horde hunter who made a alliance alt) and killed deth. I was freaking out when I saw him dead. I almost broke my keyboard in half, too. (I've got the worst Anger Management problems in my family)
This is the picture I saw after deth died:

Saddest day of my life, even though I tamed Blue Madexx.....

Tumblr is here.

Mizree
Realm: Skullcrusher

Unread post by Mizree »

Not sure if this is the best place for this post, but after watching this happen over and over, it has me to the point that I really dislike the level of ... poor social skills in many players today.

We have a portion of an Allied guild( I do not blame the guild, though they do nothing to stop this behavior) on our server that is openly bragging about how if they get paid, the hunter gets the rare spawn. Otherwise they kill it regardless of what faction is trying to tame it.

I can understand and , while I do not like it ,even put up with them killing the hunter from the other faction trying to tame( it is a pvp server) but to openly on youtube brag how x amount of gold could have had the hunter a tame is just ... well being poor sports. Then to kill the rare anyway with the intent to tick off hunters just makes them seem even more immature.

I would have thought that selling the protection of a rare like that would be against the TOS but it must not be seeing as they have thousands of views on youtube and still continue to hunt and kill any rare they find.

While I myself do not enjoy the pvp side of things I fully understand others that do like it. Just step back and pvp, kill the other hunter if you must, but at least let your own faction tame the thing. Shoot I would rather see someone tame it twice then see it killed. To continue acting this way simply screams bad sport to me.

I am sorry for all the other hunters still trying to get their rares in the MF on our server. As long as this group continues to bring an entire guild to make sure they are free to kill, it will be very hard for anyone to get these rares unless they happen to get them at off peak hours.

BTW if you happen to be looking for a rare and see me on, give me a yell, I am always happy to help other hunters when I am able to do so.
Britany
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Britany »

@Meepitco, I meant he wanted to tame the crab and the cat but he thought Karkin was the name of the purple spider, who is obviously Deth'tilac, and not the crab that he actually wants to tame. But yeah, I try to help out hunters with tames all the time - in fact, last night before I went on vacation (I have no access to wow right now) I was helping my guildie camp Skarr + Karkin, showed him the strat, etc. and he got Skarr around 3:30 am :D I saw a lot of hunters with Sambas while I was sitting there in the Molten Front doing nothing and I broke down and said "That is an awesome model. I'm gonna look around and see if he spawns" and at the last spawn point I looked at, Sambas was up. Every time I help out a hunter with getting a pet, I somehow tame the pet I was looking for shortly afterwards. I don't think that's luck, I think it's good karma! So if this guy continues to be a jerk and kill pets that aren't "unique," I'm sure he won't be taming anything any time soon. And that's awesome that the hunter wanted the brown Maddexx. I read a story of a hunter who tamed a common yellow spider until they could get Anthriss, proving that not everyone just wants to get the "~*~unique ones~*~" because they're not as common. I'm really sorry about Deth, though, I never had any problems with getting him but I've heard the horror stories. It's awful!!

@Mizree, Wow, just wow. That is pathetic. They need to get reported and perma-banned, that's griefing and if you're going to charge someone to tame a rare that requires a serious punishment.
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

@Britany Ah, and yeah. I've personally made friends with EVERY hunter on server (fraction wise, but I've helped horde hunters before) and every hunter I know wants Deth. (My friend who doesnt play, but he said Purple was a man's colour). 5 hunters, three of which were friends, two horde, all watched the druid kill Deth. One of the two horde hunters was in the druids guild, I scroll over his name no guild. It shows you what Mannoroth's population is like. Some, like me, will go to extreme lengths to help each other get a rare, or help kill something for a quest, thennnnn, there is the people sit back, let others do the work, and then back stab them by ninjaing, or even killing a rare. Main reason I am thinking of Xfer to another realm when my rogue reaches 85.

@Mizree: I agree with Britany on this one. That guild needs to be reported, and the people who kill/bribe need to be Perma-Banned.

Tumblr is here.

Britany
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Britany »

Yeah, I have never met a hunter who didn't like Deth. I've also managed to become friends with almost every hunter that was camping a rare I may have been camping at that time (with the exception of griefers, sigh). It's such a shame that the druid did that. Kargath can be just as bad - we have a troll hunter who's quickly becoming notorious for killing the Molten Front rares or stealing tames, etc. If he does tame a rare, he'll give it an inappropriate or "joke" name and he'll pull out his rares to mess up npcscan if he's nearby while you're camping. I know that he killed Magria when my friend was taming her, not really sure how he pulled that off because I've never seen anyone actually kill Magria or Ankha. I was also camping Magria one day and he kept pulling out his Magria to show off and then some blood elf joined in and summoned Ankha. I started summoning all my Molten Front rares along with Ankha and Ban'thalos to retaliate, though xD Felt bad for the poor tauren hunter that was camping too, though. The tauren was even in the same guild as the troll griefer, and said troll thinks he's the best. I think griefers try to hide their insecurities by ruining someone else's day and pulling a move like that druid who killed Deth did.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I just watched Kirix eat faces for over 30 minutes while a NElf hunter tried and failed several times to tame him. He eventually left and it was no one but me and Kirix. I was about to say "hell with it" and tame a second Kirix (I love black and green, what can I say?) when a raid group shows up with that same NElf hunter in it. I guess he figured if he couldn't have it, no one was going to. So he and his raid group KILL KIRIX.

Kirix died due to fail hunters. /sob

I had to sit there and watch my favorite spider die. It was so sad.
Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

The third Deth of my tag and possible tame now lies dead at my feet (or hooves, in this case). I was actually doing quite well this time around, but it always starts that way before the buttmonkys shove in.

And then some moron tried to jack my tame when Deth was at the right health! At that point, I was pissed, and unloaded on Deth like the rest of 'em. If you're going to steal MY TAME, you won't have him at all, and I don't give a crap how rude that sounds. My tag, my tame. Respect or get nothing.
Last edited by Macha on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I have done that as well. Kill a mob people were trying to steal from me. If they were actively trying to tame it and had the tag, np, I'd leave it be. But if they are trying to tame a TAGGED MOB I will kill it sometimes. Sometimes, I will just shrug and say "one less competition" but most of the time it just makes me mad. The Kirix story with the raid group PO'd me, because even if I DIDNT tame Kirix myself (it would be a 2nd tame) someone else who wanted it MIGHT have came along. Most hunters I know would rather see a rare tamed than killed. /facepalm
Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

Sarantha wrote:I have done that as well. Kill a mob people were trying to steal from me. If they were actively trying to tame it and had the tag, np, I'd leave it be. But if they are trying to tame a TAGGED MOB I will kill it sometimes. Sometimes, I will just shrug and say "one less competition" but most of the time it just makes me mad. The Kirix story with the raid group PO'd me, because even if I DIDNT tame Kirix myself (it would be a 2nd tame) someone else who wanted it MIGHT have came along. Most hunters I know would rather see a rare tamed than killed. /facepalm
I think it'll be a long time before I give away one of my tags, the Hunters of Garrosh on both sides seem to all be garbage, with a few exceptions being those I have guilded with.

It's getting ridicules. I have three tears in my Hunter's bag. THREE. And I think I'm slightly going nuts because I'm curious to know as to how many MORE I'll stack in there because of various griefers until I finally get a Deth of my own.

Erg, hearing about Kirix being mowed down like that really ticks me off. I'm on the fence of who I want more, Deth because I was stupid enough to take up the challenge of the griefers, or Kirix because (call it crazy or whatever) I respect a pet that can leave that many skeletons littered all over the floor. But so far, I've lost one Kirix (not to a griefer, thank the Light!) and FIVE griefed Deth's. My odds are slim it seems.

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!