The Consolation Corner

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

The Consolation Corner

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Since we've been seeing so many threads about how people have been griefed/missed a time/etc lately, a number of us decided that it was about time we just got a thread for it all. That way, the forums will not be clogged, for lack of a better term, with threads all about the same thing. Hopefully, this will help improve the quality of life here on the Petopia forums and help ease some of the tension here.

We had contemplated letting the Moderator account make this, but people pointed out that it was time we take things into our own hands. This thread is located in pet discussion due to the fact that the stories here will generally not include the pets actually being tamed, due to the nature of the thread. Much like the magic pets thread, this is not a place to relate how you tamed your pet, but instead a place to vent your frustrations about why you didn't.

This thread is not only for the 4.2 rares, though you are of course welcome to vent about them here as well. This is, instead, a place for venting about all rares (and, should you really want, other types of griefing).

In fact, this thread will probably be much like the rant thread of pets. And, as I'm sure you can tell by the name, we will try our best to console you over your losses. Some of you may just want to get the pain off your chest, some of you may want a shoulder to cry on. Either way, we're here for you!

Because this thread is so similar to the rant thread in basic idea, I am going to snatch the rules off that thread and dump them here as well, though they will be somewhat edited to fit this specific thread and new rules may have to be made for this thread in particular. If anyone has a problem with this, please PM me and I will talk to Mania about making completely different (yet similar) rules specifically for this thread.

The Rules of the Consolation Corner:

Don't argue. This is a thread for sharing frustrations, not for debate.

Don't derail. Though we can often get off track while discussing things, especially when we're discussing thing we're passionate about, please remember what this thread is for. Discussions not having to do with the topic of the thread should be moved over to PMs.

Don't rant about people or situations on this forum. (If you need to do that, feel free to PM me. I can always listen to a good rant.)

Hopefully this rule won't be too necessary, but remember not to blame the hunter community as a whole! Of course, this also includes blaming whole guild or servers. Remember: it is the individual who has caused you pain and, no matter how many individuals seem to do it, there's always someone out there who'd rather help you than hurt you! And, as much as we might hate the other faction and want to crush them all into the ground, remember that there are also people on that side who'd help you if given the chance!

Don't name and shame.

I replaced the last rule of the Rant thread with a general forum rule. I think it'll be good to have that reminder sitting there. Of course, PMing me about rants is perfectly fine. I'd like to assume that there are a number of people who'd be fine with being PMed about rants, but I don't want to be rude.

Anyway, have at it guys. Let's start filling up these pages with venting and ranting and start getting the board willed with other things instead!

If there is anything you believe needs to be changed about this thread, please feel free to PM me about it.(: Also, expect this post to get edited a lot. It's a work-in-progress!
Last edited by Aeladrine on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: The Consolation Corner

Unread post by Lisaara »

I was trying to help a horde hunter get Deth but an alliance shaman killed him. It was on purpose. He told me flat out he wanted the 25g even though I told him a hunter would pay twice that amount.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Sarantha »

Alliance killed Skitterflame for a rare-collecting friend of mine just because they have a 12 year old mentality of "if i cant have it you cant", they had a hunter trying to tame it in their group as well. When they realized there was no way he was getting it without dying horribly, they just out right killed the lovely red spider. My friend is very upset. /cry
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by MajorThor »

I keep missing Karkin by a few minutes each time or the Hunters who I have helped tame Skarr keep taking Karkin when I'm not there. The Hunter community is dwindling into this heaping pile of greed and bullshit and I'm not even sure what to even say about it.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Edited because I decided to just make it a rule instead of telling people when it happens. If anyone has a problem with this, please notify me.
Last edited by Aeladrine on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.

MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Aeladrine wrote:
MajorThor wrote:I keep missing Karkin by a few minutes each time or the Hunters who I have helped tame Skarr keep taking Karkin when I'm not there. The Hunter community is dwindling into this heaping pile of greed and bullshit and I'm not even sure what to even say about it.
Ouch. I know you're upset (and you completely have the right to be!), but that was a little harsh. I'd like to suggest that none of us blame the hunter community as a whole and instead focus on the few individuals who do this. I know you've had a hard time of it lately, but such comments often only make people more upset.

Edit: Anger makes people say retarded things.

Edit 2: I'm sure you read my initial post then read my edit and that's why you edited yours as well. In which case, I want to say sorry for getting snippy.
Last edited by MajorThor on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Edit: Completely unnecessary post. Please ignore.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Thanks, Aeladrine!

I'm still sad for having seen Anthriss killed twice within a few hours the other day. It's very difficult when one of your friends is doing the griefing and is ultimately responsible for the death. >_< I can't even yell at him, cause that wouldn't do any good or change anything. He's not a bad person; he's helped with pet stuff before. He's just an equal opportunity griefer, regardless of faction, class, or guild.

At least Anthriss forgave me for my inaction; he wouldn't've let me see him a second time so soon after the first if he was mad.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

MajorThor wrote: Edit: Anger makes people say retarded things.

Edit 2: I'm sure you read my initial post then read my edit and that's why you edited yours as well. In which case, I want to say sorry for getting snippy.
Oh, don't worry about it at all! I completely understand!(:

Kalli;; Glad to see you approve, since you're definitely helped a lot with the making of this thread! And I'm glad that you were forgiven.(: I know it's hard to do something when it's a friend doing the griefing, but I'm glad to see that it apparently all worked out in the end.

Everyone else;; I'll try and respond to as many of the as I can. After all, it is the Consolation Corner. I've missed the first few, and I apologize for that, but until more people frequent this thread I'll do my best to help you all feel better!
• Aela's Pet Journal

Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

I saw Deth on my main, a Warrior, yesterday, so I quickly gathered up the marks I needed on my Hunter (didn't think I was going after him until I saw him and was awestruck by the challenge presented before me). I got to where he was to find the Horde trying to kill him. He massacred them all and reset, so I gave it a try.

... then the Horde group showed up with even MORE people, stole my aggro away, and kicked his spidery butt. /sigh

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

A mage killed Solix, as I and a good friend attempted to get him down enough for my friend to tame. I felt horrible after, because even though I, and mutliple hunters know he doesn't drop loot, not many non-hunters know that the beasts don't drop loot. I had to get that off my chest, it's just horrible to see rares die.

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Kyria
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord & Nesingwary

Unread post by Kyria »

Today, another hunter helped a warrior kill Skarr on Sisters of Elune, then turned, targeted me, and summoned his own tamed Skarr as if to rub it in my face. Happily, I got to deny him his satisfaction by calling my Skarr in return, but... really? Seriously?

Thanks to Vephriel for the beautiful signature! <3
Dragon Cave!

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Macha;; Ouch, that always sucks. As long as you report them (and continue to report them every time the do it!). hopefully they'll get told they need to stop and learn the error of their ways. Or just get banned.

Meep;; I'm sorry that mage killed Solix after the two of you worked so hard for him to become tameable! I know that it probably seems like hollow advice, but I'd suggest reporting, just like I did for Macha.

Caelan;; Wow, that's always extremely rude of someone to do. Killing a pet because you already have it and don't want someone else to (whoops, there I go making assumptions) is never right. At least you already had the pet, but his actions were still horribly rude.

Just so you all know, I haven't been anywhere near these rares (only lvl 79 /sob), so I'm not the best at offering my condolences about them. I've never really been griefed or had a tame stolen, so my advice will probably come off as hollow. I hope it helps anyway, though.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Kalliope

Thanks for making it! It's such a brilliant idea, it's amazing no one acted on it sooner, you know? xD

As for Anthriss....well, I mean, he was still dead twice over, but I still have my friend and Anthriss isn't mad at me....and the hunter who I tried to hook up with the first Anthriss didn't seem mad either. (I was afraid he'd think I raptored him into a trap with my friend, since we're guilded.) x_x Thankfully, he understood!

I can't believe some of these hunters, sigh. Just because you've tamed a pet already, it doesn't give you the right to kill it if others want it.

YouTube Edition

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Np, np. I was actually going to make this last night, but I ended up having to go a half an hour one way to take my dog to the vet's (at close to midnight, no less!). Not that I mind that, because us going when we did saved her life, but I was just too tired when I got back at 4.00 AM to do this yesterday. Today. Whatever.

I'm glad that the other hunter forgave you! It most certainly would have sucked if he had decided you were just being cruel or something.):
• Aela's Pet Journal

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Today was a horrible day, mean people seemed to be out in droves. First kirix...trying to tame had perfect buffs half way through bar and a gnome warrior manages to grab aggro and get me killed and then he laughed, while his night elf friend tamed him. I tried to help a dwarf hunter tame deth onl to have a draeni hunter purposley kill him to keep the dwarf from taming. I want to tame solix and same hunter pulled a bunch of those elemental adds through my traps grabbed sloix and tamed him, and the final insult of the day : i have been waiting for a bit of time to tame the beautiful Anthriss, only to have her killed by 2 alliance mages,a druid and a human Pally. And the form letter from blizz just makes it worse. So depressing makes a person doubt the quality of humanity sometimes.

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Oh my goodness, Syleye! That sounds absolutely horrid! As many other people have said before (including myself!): this patch seems to have brought out the worst in people. I'd have to say just keep trying, keep reporting, and keep up your faith in humanity! I know it can be hard, but that's part of why this thread exists: to help you renew your faith in us all!
• Aela's Pet Journal

MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I think Blizzard should have done "something" with these rare spawns to make them impossible to kill with anything other than a 40man raid (See Ghostcrawler) and made it so the only way they can be tamed is with certain feats that only Hunters can do, like Skitterflame and Freezing Trap and stuff.

VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

They did make them immune to things like distracting shot, which is a step in the right direction. I'm sure that, should all this griefing keep happening, they'll do more about it. For now, we just have to suck it up and report idiots as always.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Kalliope

Glad your dog is doing better! :D

This is the same hunter who spit on me in TB because we kept focusing each other, but then I hugged him and got word to him (thanks, Rox! <3) that it was nothing personal, just TB. ;) And now we're good. xD (Seriously, gotta love the hunters who actually use brainbugs on my server. <3)

YouTube Edition