I'm having trouble trying to get to Chromaggus

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Raytor
Realm: Blade's Edge

I'm having trouble trying to get to Chromaggus

Unread post by Raytor »

Me and my group made up of 3 pallys and 1 dk cant seem to get past the first and secound bosses. We got pat the first after 8 try and wipe on the secound 3 times then gave can yall help give me a plan to get pass them?
Lotusii
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary/Argent Dawn

Re: I'm having trouble trying to get to Chromaggus

Unread post by Lotusii »

For the first boss you need someone to use the orb and mind control the boss to destroy the eggs while everyone else kills the adds. I'm not sure if there is still a debuff for using the orb or not so make sure you have someone to switch off with just in case. Don't kill the boss until all the eggs are dead or else he will self-destruct. The second boss is just a speed dps battle because he kills all characters that use mana and or whoever is tanking with a debuff that reduce hp by 5% every second so just dps him fast and hard because he actually needs to cast the debuff. If you kill him fast this debuff won't even matter. Hope this helps.

Edited for spelling and grammar.
Last edited by Lotusii on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sig by the AMAZING Sookie.
Raytor

Unread post by Raytor »

Thanks this should help because we didn't have much dps.
Neverforever
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Anetheron (Horde-US)

Unread post by Neverforever »

What Lotusii said exactly. Also, when taming Chromaggus, make sure nobody gets near him. It seems to bug out and players within 20 yards or so grab aggro mid-tame. Good luck!

Raytor

Unread post by Raytor »

Ok thanks for that telling me about that but i didn't know and ill be taming him on my level 72 worgen hunter
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

at 85 i duo'd it with my lock friend. maybe wait for a bit?

signature thanks to Kurieno
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Copied from a prev post: Now that the first boss has been fixed it's easily 2 manned with a healer - you dismiss pet and kill 3 guys on platform, then click orb to mindcontrol Razorgore and destroy eggs. The healer does nothing but stand in the middle of room and heal themselves, which aggros every single add. Once all the eggs are gone just kill Razorgore.

And BTW the debuff should not affect your mindcontrolling him; if the healer does their job the adds won't hit you and you will be able to control him longer than the debuff lasts.

Second boss is just a DPS race. A decently geared 85 hunter should be able to easily solo it. Since you said your level is lower you'll need to bring enough people get the group's damage to about 20k overall I think?
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

I think your best option would be to wait and come back at a higher level. Is your help all 85 or are they all around your level as well?

I just did this last night and we breezed through it. Given I had 3 people plus me. I was just expecting Zesstra to come along on his Priest but then a friend of his joined, and another guy from our guild came along on his Warlock to give me an extra Haste buff. For the first boss the three of them stood in the middle of the room while I controlled Razgore. (Note: You -must- dismiss your pet to use the controlling orb. Be careful, if you accidently click on it too much or turn your character while clicking it will immediately break the controlling beam and you'll have a debuff timer on you and won't be able to use it for however many seconds.) Razgore, while being controlled, is able to be healed. Just toss some HoTs on him and have your healers just heal and pull all the adds to the center to be killed/held. Smash eggs with Razgore til the channeling runs out. (Note: The more you get hit the less time you have on your channel. If you don't get hit at all you shouldn't have a debuff when the channel breaks allowing you to get right back on the orb. If you get hit a few times you will most likely have about a 10~ second wait til you can click the orb again.)

Rest of the bosses were easily burned down before anyone really dropped below 99% health.

As usual for taming Chromaggus they recommend Haste. Haste pots/food/etc. If you have a current Core Hound I suggest bringing him for Ancient Hysteria and then Abandon it to tame Chromaggus. Just remember to actually hit Abandon and not Dismiss then stand around wasting your Ancient Hysteria trying to figure out why it won't let you tame. =D
Raytor

Unread post by Raytor »

My friends are all 85s and on my level 85 horde hunter on the same realm i got Chromaggus at 72 as well im leveling up a horde and alliance to 85
MajorThor
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Arthas-US

Unread post by MajorThor »

To be safe, get 4 people.

1: Orb Controller
2: Tank for all the Adds so that they don't fuck with the channeled spell on #1
3: Dps to kill all the Adds efficiently
4: Healer for Razoregore if he takes too much dmg

#3 and #4 can be an Ele Sham, Ret Pally or Feral Druid (Hybrids are awezum)

#3 pulls the adds on the Platform where Orb is
#1 goes to orb and starts unleashing hell on eggs. If you let the channel wear off on its own, it will glitch. Abandon the control of the orb when there's 1.5sec left.
#2 starts pulling adds together during this time
#4 does whatever.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!