Chromaggus vs. Kurken

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Atraiyu
Realm: Ravenholdt

Chromaggus vs. Kurken

Unread post by Atraiyu »

Been thinking of getting a Core hound. Honestly, don't much like them as pets but you never know when one might come in handy.

I' something of a Rare-hunter, with everyone of my pets being either rare or unique-skinned, so I'm come down to the choice between Chromaggus and the Kurken. (I had the Kurken for a short time but I came across Skitterflame last night and he was the only one I could ditch to grab another Fire Spider.)

On one hand, Chromaggus is a Rare Core Hound and a taming challenge because he's one of the few pets a hunter can't solo (on account of the First Boss in BWL.) Getting him would be a true collector's Pet for a Rare Collector. On the other Hand, I don't much care for his Look, despite being a Unique Skin.

The Kurken, While not being a Rare of any sort, still has a Unique Skin and Looks a lot better then Chromaggus (I love Pets with White Fur though I wish he only had 1 head.)

The Collector in me Wants the Rare but I don't like his look and would probably never Use Chromaggus while I would likely use Kurken.

Any other collectors out there face a similar dilemma?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Chromaggus vs. Kurken

Unread post by Vephriel »

It sounds like you should go ahead for the Kurken. :) Rares aren't everything, and I don't really see why you should force yourself into owning a pet you wouldn't care for if there's another 'common' one that you like. ^^

I'd say go ahead and tame the Kurken since he's easy to get to and spend some time with him. Just my two cents on it.
KnightRyder
Realm: Crushridge

Unread post by KnightRyder »

I have debated this several times and usually go with Kurken because it is easier to get and that he looks more like a dog/wolf.

I named mine Cerberus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerberus which I think is perfect.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I also have a Kurken named Cerberus. ;) I advise never to choose a pet based on its rarity, especially if you know you like/prefer another skin. Go with the Kurken!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I have both the Kurken (though mine is female) and Chromaggus since I love them both, but with the way your post sounds, I'm going to agree with everyone else and say go get your Kurken back.
Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm US

Unread post by Feralclaw »

Yeah, you should tame the Kurken. In my opinion though, Chromaggus is wayyyy better than the Kurken, but that's just me. ;) If you're probably not gonna use Chromaggus but you will probably use the Kurken then I recommend going with him.
Credit to Razzy for the avatar. Thanks!
Macha
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Macha »

I have the Kurken as well, and I just love him. If I didn't have Lumos, I wouldn't have a Core Hound, because I think the rest of them look terrible! o_o

Thanks to Serenith for the awesome avatar and signature! Team Kirix all the way!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I currently have the Kurken, but I like the look of Chromaggus better. Just haven't gotten around to researching BWL and getting a group together.
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

i have a post here titled how to solo razorgore, do a quick search

i've solo'ed bwl for about 2 months farming enough elementium ingots for 3 thunderfury's, and a few extras to sell on the ah for around 800g each.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I am once again going to echo what everyone else is saying and say to get the Kurken. If you don't bond with her/him then try for Chromaggus.

I have Chromaggus (named Twice Bitten) and I'm considering releasing him and getting him on my horde main. I'm more then thankful to my amazing guild for helping me get him but I am not really feeling it with him anymore. It's a bummer.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Arisia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US (H)

Unread post by Arisia »

I really LOVE my Kurken -- and it was an interesting pet to get, as I am Horde and didn't decide on a corehound until after Cat, and had NO CLUE how to get to Azuremyst at that point. LOL

But I will admit wanting Chromaggus really badly-- I even have a story on how he is a deformed dragonkin sort of thing ... but my guild is a purely bank one, and I really don't know enough people to get to him... nor do I know the fights, having never been there myself. ;D

Basically-- I echo with everyone says; get the one you know you will use, and the hang with the skin... what good will it do you sitting in the stable?
Vephriel

You could also ask for screenshots from people who owned the skins, perhaps that might help you in a decision as well.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

*races off to grab external hard drive*

GOT IT!

Kurken a bit close up:
Kurken!!!!
Kurken!!!!
WoWScrnShot_072110_163910.jpg (178.09 KiB) Viewed 2912 times
Nom murloc baby?
Nom murloc baby?
WoWScrnShot_083010_001812.jpg (126 KiB) Viewed 2912 times
And after looking .......................... I have only one SS of Chromaggus and it's from his bum. :( :lol: [/color]

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Vephriel

Hehe, screenshot of my Astaroth for good measure. x)

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Go with what you like! Don't force yourself!

For me I love Chromaggus cause its a dragon...A TWO HEADED DRAGON! C:< I just love dragons so much that when I heard about Chromaggus being tamable I HAD TO GET HIM! I mean its its the only tamable dragon in the game for us right now! C:

(In lore, Chromaggus is actually a genetically engineered dragon with Core Hound DNA.

"Despite his canine appearance, he's actually a dragonkin. It is speculated that he was created by Nefarian experimenting on captured Core Hounds, such as The Beast found in Upper Blackrock Spire, possibly by feeding or injecting dragon blood from various dragons from all dragonflights.")

HOW F-ING COOL IS THAT! Hehe let my dragon fangirl take over of me for a bit. CX
Heleos
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by Heleos »

I'd go for Kurken (mine is named Fenrir) bc all Hunters get Chromaggus bc he's rares. I like being different.
Heleos
Night Elf Hunter
Medivh- US
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Heleos wrote:I'd go for Kurken (mine is named Fenrir) bc all Hunters get Chromaggus bc he's rares. I like being different.
He isn't rare, hes a raid boss! Hes just harder to get too. C:
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I have Chromaggus and King Krush on Jessi. Love them to bits....I had him on Lisaara...however....he didnt fit Lisaara well...neither did King Krush. I read your post and it got me thinking. When I made Lisaara, I had the idea of her having Kurken and the black devilsaur but I ditched them for the rare and the boss when I started my rare hunting. I was ecstatic to have them at the time cause it was my first time taming either of them but....I didnt really bond with them. I just liked the large amount of compliments I got at the time cause I was like the 1st hunter on alliance to tame Chromaggus. Now everyone and their mother has him and no one cares.

So....I decided tonight to dump them and I got back Kurken and the black devilsaur...and picked up the blue/green ravager along the way and I actually smiled, feeling proud.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

It sounds like a real two headed issue.
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

Generic red lava spider, PinkiePie, i couldnt be happier. the rarespawns are overated

signature thanks to Kurieno