Which Silithid?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Which Silithid?

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

So, my guild is going to start doing some casual raiding. We're starting with some mount/title farms for the older raids. Was asking one of the guys that's running them today if there was anything in particular we might be missing, as I still have a few stable slots open, and as BM I can fill almost any buff/debuff hole. Well.. Turns out pretty much the only one is the stam buff.. And I don't have any silithids at all..

I'm really not sure which to get... Usually in those cases I default to trying my fav colour first, as it's a good place to start, and if it doesn't click, I can try something else later. My favourite colour, however, is orange... And.. the only orange is the boss from AQ.. I'm not sure I like the boss model to begin with (but again, haven't tried, so don't know), and dont' know if I feel like trying to get a raid boss pet just for the purpose of doing guild runs (though... it would be kind of appropriate.. taking a raid boss for guild raids).

How difficult would it BE to get that orange bug? Or.. does anyone else have any other suggestions? I suppose the brown ant could work... I do have a bit of a chocolate bug side-theme going.. but I don't really have any cool names lined up for it... None of them are really jumping out and screaming "TAME ME!"... so I'm not sure.
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: Which Silithid?

Unread post by Kurasu »

I'm not going to lie: getting him is a little tough. It's not *horrible*, but you'll definitely want a party. The knockbacks will make taming a little bothersome; bring Haste. Other than that, though, the damage you'll take is pretty negligible. If you want to try out the orange boss, I say go for it!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Just have the raid group do AQ first. :)

I have the golden brown ant Silithid, and love it! I named mine Mica, from formica, the Latin word for ant.

The pink boss Silithid rare actually has orange-ish overtones, is very striking, and is named after Mania!
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

I had Lord Kri, the orange boss bug. I kept him for a long time but eventually let him go in favor of getting some of the Firelands spiders. I never used him, and while the tame was EPIC and fun two manning it with my hubby, there were certain things about him that just irritated me (like the "death" thump sound! Fix that please, Blizz!). I may try to get him again someday, or maybe I will talk to Blizz and see if I can get him restored, but for now I'm going to let him be.
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

Araela wrote:I had Lord Kri, the orange boss bug. I kept him for a long time but eventually let him go in favor of getting some of the Firelands spiders. I never used him, and while the tame was EPIC and fun two manning it with my hubby, there were certain things about him that just irritated me (like the "death" thump sound! Fix that please, Blizz!). I may try to get him again someday, or maybe I will talk to Blizz and see if I can get him restored, but for now I'm going to let him be.

It was that thump sound every 30 seconds that made me get rid of mine. It got to be really irritating. Instead I now have the green rare Haarka.. I can take the dancing over the noise. If you want something still and quiet.. The sithlid ant is nice too.
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

wait... Some of them DANCE?! Wants dancing bug!!!!! <.<
My Dragon Cave
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

CrystalKitten wrote:wait... Some of them DANCE?! Wants dancing bug!!!!! <.<
The 'dancing' is a reference to the idle animations of all the 'mount' models, I think.
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

If they had *some* way for cunning pets to have charge (like add it to the cunning tree, or allow ferocity and cunning pets to respec between just those 2 - big pets still need their own tree), I'd be a LOT more interested in this (and many, many other) pet.

That, and getting rid of the THUMP, as others have mentioned...
CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

GormanGhaste wrote:
CrystalKitten wrote:wait... Some of them DANCE?! Wants dancing bug!!!!! <.<
The 'dancing' is a reference to the idle animations of all the 'mount' models, I think.
Sweet. I might go an take a look at those colours in game and see which grabs my attention... Kind of wish there were more colour options though. Lots of models.. but.. I don't find many of the colours all that interesting.
My Dragon Cave
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

I solo tamed Lord Kri, though I would definitely recommend haste buffs... it takes haste and a bit of luck, and I had to be quick minded about feign death a few times, but I got there in the end! :) I didn't think that I would like that model either, but he actually really clicked. I did have to let him go though in favour of my long-time favourite Silithid, Snuffles. Snuffles is a pink mount model, and I adore him. I think those models are incredibly cute and playful, just like puppies! Pink in-game is very striking and although Silithids are an unusual pet in general, I don't think I've ever seen another pink. I also like the brown one... But yes, definitely go take a look at all of them ingame.

Last raid I had Snuffles out for fun and everyone was teasing me about how ugly he was/how could I have named him Snuffles/why did I even like him. :( I got a good comeback in though when a couple of people happened to die on trash and I was all "see, Snuffles did more dps than you anyway" lmao.

Edit: Petopia says that their colour is actually "purple". It looks pink to me :P

Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

Kill the Blue one first.. I love my orange bug boss.. Had Princess Huhurunn (or however her name is) till they made her small.. I let her go back to AQ she seemed happy then when she flew back.

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Shrinking the boss wasps changed them from one of the coolest models to one of the lamest overnight, for the simple reason that their design was *optimized* for a larger size - at small size there's too much detail crammed into too small a space, and the end result is that they just look like buzzy windup toys... or something. :P

The one good thing I can say is that it saved me the bother of going after Huhuran... if that can be described as a good thing...
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

Azzrazzah wrote:Kill the Blue one first.. I love my orange bug boss.. Had Princess Huhurunn (or however her name is) till they made her small.. I let her go back to AQ she seemed happy then when she flew back.
Worba wrote:Shrinking the boss wasps changed them from one of the coolest models to one of the lamest overnight, for the simple reason that their design was *optimized* for a larger size - at small size there's too much detail crammed into too small a space, and the end result is that they just look like buzzy windup toys... or something. :P

The one good thing I can say is that it saved me the bother of going after Huhuran... if that can be described as a good thing...
I had Huhuran as well. I ABSOLUTELY loved her, and after they changed the boss wasp sizes and put in an almost identical common skin I just didn't want to keep her anymore. Not because we didn't click, or because of the near-commonality of the other wasp, but because it made me miss the OLD Huhuran.