What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3522
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:56 pm
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Gender: Orc
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Re: What pet do you hate? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by Worba » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:54 pm

Sukurachi wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:
Wain wrote:I've met plenty of dogs that aren't tame in the real world. And in the game the ones in Gilneas, for example, have gone feral and are definitely not tame.

Dogs are considered a separate subspecies and have a common set of genetic traits that are not generally found in wolves, both physiological and mental. They can understand humans in a way that wolves don't seem to be able to even if they're raised from pups. Tens of thousands of years of selective evolution by us have made them more like us. They're no longer just tamed wolves.
I wouldn't advocate getting rid of the dog family, dogs have been used in hunting for a long time, but I can definitely see Sarantha's point.

In my head, dogs are for hunters that can't tame wolves. But I also take it a step further and say wolves are for hunters that can't tame devilsaurs! :)
and devilsaurs are for hunters with... "size" issues
:lol:
Ha ha... no.

Fumu
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:55 am
Realm: Kel'Thuzad
Gender: Female

Re: What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by Fumu » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:04 am

This list is longer than I'd like to admit...

Corehounds: Loud, Ugly, and one of the models that felt "cheapened" to be turned into a pet as it was once a really impressive boss look.

Sporebats/Nether rays: Endless floating combined with no physical legs bothers me - at least with birds you can imagine or see (untamed) ones in game idling in more natural, wings folded positions. Somewhat explained by the bio pod glowy things on Nether rays and Sporebats, but that leads me to...

Dragonhawks: What's their excuse? Also agreeing that what could've been an awesome idea of a bird with draconic traits was turned into a web-winged shrimpsnake.

Scorpids/Silithids/Spiders/Beetles/Moths/Wasps: Bugs. I'm fascinated by insects in RL and not afraid of them, but the idea of having a giant pet bug, following me around wherever I go... no thanks.

Loque'nahak - Anatomy. I understand what they were going for but that would drive me nuts to look at all the time, especially compared to the older but far more well proportioned classic Frostsabre models.

Northrend Worgs - Same anatomy issue. look at those waists, those wolves need to eat a sandwich

Classic (non dire) wolves: Goofy proportions, always snarling, and the spiky fur makes them look like Pokemon. Go, Jolteon!

With all of that negativity out of the way, here are some favorite models:

Riding Frostsabres: Beautiful running animation and comes in a variety of awesome skins. A very old model that holds up well to this day.

Warpstalkers: Very nice model that is underrated but deserves a second and third glance, especially in the darker colors. Glowing eyes, very cool scale texturing, well done swimming animations, and as of Cataclysm several new skins are tameable.

Foxes: their constant 'yip yip yerp' is annoying and so is their insistence on running off to kill random critters, but they are cute and come in a variety of cool skins.

Demon Dogs: I know that many people have a beef about these and feel like they should be warlock pets, but in a world where a werewolf that shoots ice out of his hands can ride a talking dragon through magic portals I don't feel like it's exactly an enormous breach of realism. :lol:

The red one has been my consistent pet through all of LK and a good chunk of Cataclysm, though with transmogrifying on the way I need something in purple to match my new set instead. But anyway - gorgeous pattern, noticeable and definitely has a warlock-esque feel, three different colored runes to match different sets. I'd take one of these over Worgs any day!

Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3522
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:56 pm
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Gender: Orc
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Re: What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by Worba » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:13 am

Fumu wrote:Corehounds: Loud, Ugly, and one of the models that felt "cheapened" to be turned into a pet as it was once a really impressive boss look.
Well, on the one hand, I think TB looks great next to my male dwarf - and the tame was sufficiently epic that I feel he "earned it" (this was back before tame was shortened to 10 sec). :)

But that being said, part of the reason I think he looks good next to my dwarf is that my dwarf is short - next to just about any other hunter race yeah corehounds do seem a little... truncated... and much too small to be making such massive STOMPSTOMPSTOMP sounds.

Same with the devilsaur - back when they had monstrous growth, it made sense. Even when it wasn't currently activated, the spirit of the thing sort of stayed with you... but now? Why would a corehound or devilsaur have earthshaking footsteps but not a raptor or bear, which are very similar in size and shape.

4.0 pet overhaul needed a bit more cleaning and polishing imo...

User avatar
Vinessa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:29 pm
Realm: Ysondre - US

Re: What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by Vinessa » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:39 pm

Monkeys. I just hate the *EEEEEEEPPPPPP!!!* *EEEPPPP!* sound they make when they attack .__.

Silithids. Dunno, they just dont fit

Humar, DAMN! i saw too many of them before...

Tallstriders. Cant stand them. Even tho it would be cool to have a Tallstrider mount :)

Also, i hate turtles... (except Terrorpene, which i love to farm Stonecore with) ive hear too many times "get a fuckin turtle! get a fuckin turtle to tankk!!!" but with Beetles i just /slap them. Same abilities, and they are prettier!!

User avatar
Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 691
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:57 pm
Realm: Lightbringer
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by Daranara » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:47 pm

Let's see...

Bats - Their models are kind of off-putting, so I never got into them.

Chimeras - I WANT to like them, but they're so WIDE. I never could get past that for long.

Monkeys/gorillas - pretty much echoing everyone else here.

Spiders - The spindly-legged ones give me the heebies (especially the ones with the leg spikes! *shudder*), I don't care for the way the tarantula-style ones move, and the lava spiders are so underwhelming to me. One of the bone-spider colors didn't immediately repulse me, but it was an undead pet, so they didn't really click with my nelflet.

Ravagers - they're so strange and spikey, I never could quite get the hang of liking them.

Dogs - While I loved my demon hound when she was a wolf, the dog-skill doesn't appeal to me. Plus the mastiffs are just goofy looking, I can't imagine them being taken seriously.

Worgs - both saber and non-saber varieties. The saber worgs are so skinny and terrible looking to me. The regular worg model... I had one on a alt and named him Barrel, because he looks like a furry barrel on legs. Couple that with the uninteresting attack animations, and you have a pretty lackluster pet. If it weren't for Hector's backstory, he'd probably have a different model by now.

Image
Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR


User avatar
Sesamee
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 883
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:36 pm
Realm: Kil'Jaeden

Re: What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by Sesamee » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:55 pm

Fumu wrote: Dragonhawks: What's their excuse? Also agreeing that what could've been an awesome idea of a bird with draconic traits was turned into a web-winged shrimpsnake.
I totally agree! The name Dragonhawk conjures up images of one badass looking animal not a flimsy, fairy, flying kite looking thing. My random tame challenge is a red dragonhawk, will be my first one, and I highly doubt my opinion of them will change.

User avatar
Davarra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:15 am
Realm: Kargath, Suramar, Eitrigg, Korialstrasz, Nagrand

Re: What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by Davarra » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:52 pm

I've never been able to bond with a turtle, other than Terrorpene...it's a shame, there are several other models I think look nice...but none click. Same thing with bats...I really want to like them, but can't.

Add me to the hates monkeys/gorillas list, and most of the old model worms as well. Jorms, otoh....

Image

Sig and av by the very talented Kurenio!


ahnalia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:23 pm
Realm: Drak'thul/Feathermoon
Gender: female
Location: manchester TN
Contact:

Re: What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by ahnalia » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:08 am

For me I think it would have to be:

Cunning:
Note: I am not fond of this skill tree at all, and have yet to find a cunning pet I could connect with, even the ones I like, although I really love the sunblade dragonhawks blue color.

Monkey - I HATE HATE these! They are soooo ugly and that shrieking noise they make when they fight just annoys me to no end. Will never tame one.

Ravagers - These are just.. I don't know what they are but god they are hideous. They do make a cool noise though. I would consider trying the blue one just to see, but otherwise, no thanks!

Silithids - It's.. a bug.. I hate bugs.

Ferocity:
My favorite type of pet, period. Give me a cat any day of the week.

Carrion Bird- never could find one of these that i liked, but I am sort of eyeballing the angered protector to check out to see if I can mesh with one.

Dogs- Great idea for a pet, but.. not these choices. I agree, need more to choose from, a collie would make me happy. The current selections are just meh.

Devilsaur - do not like, and can't click with one. I had Krush but released him, just can't get into them for some reason.

Sabre Worgs - looks like they are starving to death. I just do not like these.

Tenacity:
Decent tree, love it for hard solo fights.

Beetles - I like the fact they can shell up like a turtle, but i just can't get into these, their movements bother me, and well, it's a bug. I hate bugs.

Crocolisk - can't get into these, something about them just annoys me so much.

Rhino - these would be ok if they had more colors.

Guerilla - the solid white one is ok, but i just can't get into these.

Rares:
Sambas - ugh this cat... even though he is a cat and my passion is cats, this guy gets on my nerves. He looks so damn slack jawed and on my screen his teeth look like they have been filed down. Pretty blue eyes, but otherwise, not for me. (Although I have had a ton of hunters bitch at me for not speccing MM and having samba's claiming he's the absolute bomb in dungeons.. sorry I disagree, give me my spirit beast cat any day of the week.)

Loque - his roar drives me insane. I like the way he looks, (well.. except for on my screen it looks like his ears are cropped), his colors are cool and his glowing face don't even bother me, but his roar drives me up the wall. I have him, I love him, but he just doesn't get played much because his roar is such a put off.

I love the Spirit Beasts, but I have to admit that as much as I adore my anhka, I was disappointed at 2 more cats. I love cats with all my heart, but I think 4 cats is just way too many.
I want more SB's, but something other than a reskin. Something original please.

Skarr - I have a love hate relationship with this guy. The first time I saw him i thought I was going to throw up on my screen, i was so disappointed, but after i tamed him for the challenge, i actually like this guy now, he grew on me.

Karkin - no. just.. no. can't stand the way he looks. even after falling for skarr, i just hate this crab so much.

Pets I wish they would give more color choices for:
dragonhawks
lynxes
turtles (love these as tanks, but the color choices are all "meh")
bears (these also need an overhaul on their idle movements, they are ok pets but they are boring).
spore bats
rhinos
serpents
bats
moths
warp stalkers
nether rays
Serahna (85 Hunter (Horde) - Drak'thul
Ahnalia (85 Hunter (Alliance) - Feathermoon
Autumnrose (60 Hunter (Alliance) - Feathermoon

Dedicated Beast Master Hunter/Pet Nerd Extraordinaire and permanent member of "Pet Tamers Anonymous"

User avatar
Theaden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:41 pm
Realm: Trollbane US, Lightbringer US

Re: What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by Theaden » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:47 pm

Hunch Cats If you ever since a sick big cat thats how their gait looks like.
Image

User avatar
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2755
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:10 am
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)
Gender: male
Location: Québec, Canada

Re: What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by Sukurachi » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:16 pm

ROFL

you realize that a LOT of the posts in this thread might have been better off just posting "I only like <pet name>"... because there are some serious "I hate .... <list>" posts that basically say "I hate everything except this one single pet".

I can't say there are pets I "hate". Only pets that have some attribute that I "like less". Like they may take up too much screen real estate (rhinos, bats), or they may be accompanied by a sound effect I don't care for (most birds), or they may negatively impact my frame rate (spiders and ravagers, for some reason).

The problem with the pets I "like less" is that they often have SOME attribute that I happen to love. For example, I LOVE some of the bird models.. but the shrieking noise they make just grates on my last nerve. I so wish I could play with the sound off (I'm neurotic about the sound.. I will NEVER turn it off), because I would dearly love to use my beautiful jade bird, or my ghosty owl.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.


Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3522
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:56 pm
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Gender: Orc
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Re: What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by Worba » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Sukurachi wrote:ROFL

you realize that a LOT of the posts in this thread might have been better off just posting "I only like <pet name>"... because there are some serious "I hate .... <list>" posts that basically say "I hate everything except this one single pet".

I can't say there are pets I "hate". Only pets that have some attribute that I "like less". Like they may take up too much screen real estate (rhinos, bats), or they may be accompanied by a sound effect I don't care for (most birds), or they may negatively impact my frame rate (spiders and ravagers, for some reason).

The problem with the pets I "like less" is that they often have SOME attribute that I happen to love. For example, I LOVE some of the bird models.. but the shrieking noise they make just grates on my last nerve. I so wish I could play with the sound off (I'm neurotic about the sound.. I will NEVER turn it off), because I would dearly love to use my beautiful jade bird, or my ghosty owl.
That describes a lot of what I feel - there are a lot of pets I "almost" like, that I "want to" like, but for 1 or 2 details that I cannot quite get around; for example cunning pets - they include lots of cool looking models, but their DPS isn't on par with ferocity in pugs (at least not in my experience), and the lack of charge just feels wonky - and both could be remedied. For example cunning and ferocity could be merged, or I'd probably be happy enough if they even just added charge to cunning tree.

I like the look of a lot of birds (pretty much anything without the white "buzzard bib"), but not the sound.

Etc etc.

User avatar
Shirubia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:25 pm
Realm: Quel'thalas
Gender: Female
Location: Mexico

Re: What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by Shirubia » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:31 am

Personally...

Silithids, Ravagers, worms, spiders, wasps... I really find quite disturbing to have a giant insect as a pet, but oddly, my favorite pet for PvP is Deth'Tilac (For some reason, the fire spiders and crystal spiders dont gross me).

Specific pets: I cant stand Skarr, or any of the hunched cats. I find Skarr to be so friggin' ugly, when everyone says he ''is the coolest cat in the game''. I find hunched cats to be disturbing and can't help to relate them to injured cats (Im a cat lover).

User avatar
Roxhunt
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:56 pm
Realm: Burning Blade
Gender: Female
Location: Texas

Re: What pet do you hate? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by Roxhunt » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:05 pm

I agree with this list:
Vephriel wrote:
Families in General
• Gorillas - I do not like humanoids as pets. I want an animal, not a pseudo-person. Gorillas have never appealed to me, and they're just...bleh.
• Monkeys - Pretty much all the same reasons as Gorillas.
• Dragonhawks - I like the concept of a dragon and a hawk, but I've never liked the beast we ended up with. The original Dragonhawks looked awesome (http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... onhawk.JPG), but the ones we have now are like...flying butterfly-rooster-shrimp. Their lack of legs or ability to rest on the ground weirds me out a bit.
• Sporebats - They are pretty, but I'm not going to lie, I can't take them seriously. The phallic tails have ruined them forever for me. :lol:
• Foxes - The animals themselves don't do much for me, and I'm not a fan of their in-game models. I find the blocky shapes and broken back too noticeable on them.
• Shale Spiders - Don't get me wrong, I think these are awesome creatures, I just don't care for them as pets myself. I love the minipet, and they're fantastic Deepholm inhabitants, but they seem so weird, and hollow, and lifeless to me. Just...rocks.
I like spiders, but have come to realize, I only need ONE spider. Deth'lilac is my favorite because I love the color purple and not because of the silver ring around his portrait.

I do have a blue and a red Madexx. I'm trying to decide whether I want to keep 'Strawberry' or 'Blueberry'.

My hubby keeps Karkin for tanking but I hardly ever use him. I have Skarr with me always though. I leveled with Humar (stabled now) because I like the black skins.

Loque stays with me always as the 'spirit beast' on hand. :)

I'm not just all about the 'silver ring around the portraits' though. I have Ironjaw with me all the time too.

User avatar
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2980
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 6:46 pm
Realm: Zul'jin(US)
Gender: Female
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Contact:

Re: What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by Qinni » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:35 am

I thought about this for days now and...I don't hate any pet. Something must be wrong with me.

I like Gorillas and Monkeys but I wont see myself taming them.

Zuilu

Re: What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by Zuilu » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:38 am

Personally I enjoy most of the families and skins in game. Just 'cause I don't bond with one, doesn't mean I don't like it. Some are made for my hunter and some are made for other hunters :)

If I had to pick a family I like a lot less than the other ones, then probably the big apes..Just don't like their design. The little monkies are kinda cute, just not for me.

I was a little surprised reading all the posts about people disliking things just because they're popular. Or thinking a hunter isn't a real hunter just 'cause they have a stable full of rares. Some people want bonds with pets, some people want shiny things, everyone's different. Deth'tilac is super popular on my server but she's still one of my favourite pets ^_^

Atraiyu
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:24 am
Realm: Ravenholdt

Re: What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by Atraiyu » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:55 pm

Only pets I truely detest are Core hounds, Chimaeras, and Outland Carrion Bird; Basically anything with 2 heads. It's just, Wrong in so many ways. I had The Kurken for a few days. Ditched him for Kirix and haven't regretted it since. I have since tamed The Razza in Feralas because I really like his Skin, But I so wish they would give him just one head. I don't use him because he Creeps me out with 2 heads.

Besides that, Most Pets I find just a little "Tired." They're everywhere. Deth is so over Populated on my Server that no one every bothers trying for him anymore. He's usually up for all day before a new hunter makes it to the Molten Front. A few Horde from my sever have even taken to Hunting him for Sport. And Solix, Shoot no one ever wants him. He's been up for Days on end at times.

Besides that, I'm fine with just about any pet really though there are a Few that I wouldn't never Tamed. Anything Undead, namely. I actually Like the Runic Demon Dogs like those in Borean but I'm not interested in taming them. As for the Mastiffs, I kind of like the fact that they exist as tamable pets, but I just think there should be more Variety of Dogs though. The Mastiffs in Game are a Like Small to be true Mastiffs. They must be Runts or crossed with Bull Dogs. Like someone Said, a German Shepard would be cool. Border Collie, Labrador Retriever, Doberman Pincher. Different Models like that would be really cool.

The Wolfs are so Boring though. I tamed the Lone Hunter just because he's the least boring wolf and I needed a Wolf for raiding. Actually, I have this thought of the Coolest Wolf Skin they should do. Imagine a wolf with the Fur Color of the Winged Guardian mount. Wolfs Need a Rare Spawn and that'd be perfect.

User avatar
Calixte
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:09 am
Realm: Dragonblight
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by Calixte » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

I've always felt that some pets weren't quite for me, or didn't click with my hunter. Monkeys, gorillas, and ravagers are particularly difficult for me to bond with. Sambas I find completely ridiculous. As much as I wanted to love him because his graphics are so soft and lovely, especially compared to my poor spiky lion, he just looks like he'd topple right over, being that heavy on the mane.

When the Molten Front challenge tames came out, this is when I really started to hate particular pets. I have always thought of the hunter community as generally very tightly-knit and understanding, moreso since I joined here. However, I think Molten Front tames brought out the worst in almost everyone! I couldn't go a day on these forums without reading at least 3 posts about losing tames to other hunters, or to non-hunters trying really hard to go around and grief everyone. I lost a number of tames myself and have not been back to try again. The Molten Front tames almost discouraged me to the point where I quit the game, because of the behavior they brought out in people. A hunter friend of mine became so obsessed that he was threatening every Alliance hunter camping every Molten Front spawn. So...I kind of hate those pets. I have Ankha and made a friend out of my camp for her, but was also griefed while camping. The whole Molten Front taming frenzy really put a bad taste in my mouth.

I guess this happened to a lesser extent in Wrath with Loque and friends, but at that point in time I wasn't big on spirit beasts and hardly ever played my hunter.

Image

Lovely sig and avatar by the talented Kuraine!


User avatar
LupisDarkmoon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 10995
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:43 pm
Gender: Doubtful

Re: What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by LupisDarkmoon » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:02 pm

A while back I said I hated monkeys.

I was wrong.

I just tamed a blue monkey on my newer hunter and I love him! This has happened to me many times before… xD What I hate, I learn to love.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Signature by Crookfish, thank you so much!

Image


User avatar
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 647
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:15 pm
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)
Location: Huntsville, AL
Contact:

Re: What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by Kalhoun » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:00 am

Zuilu wrote:Personally I enjoy most of the families and skins in game. Just 'cause I don't bond with one, doesn't mean I don't like it. Some are made for my hunter and some are made for other hunters :)

If I had to pick a family I like a lot less than the other ones, then probably the big apes..Just don't like their design. The little monkies are kinda cute, just not for me.

I was a little surprised reading all the posts about people disliking things just because they're popular. Or thinking a hunter isn't a real hunter just 'cause they have a stable full of rares. Some people want bonds with pets, some people want shiny things, everyone's different. Deth'tilac is super popular on my server but she's still one of my favourite pets ^_^
Pretty much how I feel. I love taming rares, and my stable is full of them. I once tamed every spirit beast in the game because I enjoyed the challenge of hunting them down - it was like a mini game for me. And just because my stable is overflowing, doesn't mean I don't feel attached to all of my pets (I rotate them in and out based on what particular mood I'm in). I currently own five spirit beasts, and at the moment I can't make myself let any of them go! And I don't care what other hunters use; I tame what I like, and if I see the same model hanging out in SW.... yay, more of the model I like! :D

I'm also amused that I adore a lot of the pets that are listed as disliked - like mastiffs. They're ugly, but I like ugly (owns an "ugly" dog in RL). I just turn Lockjaw off and pretend it's Vanilla - when pets only had bite or claw. I don't need special skills to do dailies! Plus it fits my character. I once couldn't run with any birds, but recently I tamed an undead eagle and I adore him. I'm all for giving things several tries to see if anything clicks. But if something doesn't click for me, I don't mind seeing them on other hunters.

I don't have much of an opinion against taming demonic/elemental/undead pets. I wished I could tame a corehound so much in Vanilla/BC that I drew this fanart. I'm overjoyed I can finally have a Snuggles of my very own! Same goes with demon dogs... on my first hunter way back when, I trekked from Mulgore to the undead starting area in the hopes that I could tame one, and boy was I sad when I couldn't!

But on topic - I can't tolerate a lot of the flapping pets just because the constant motion bothers me, but I still like the way the pets look. I WISH WoW bears looked more like RL bears, and to me they resemble giant rabid hamsters more than ursines (if I ever decided to tame one, I would name it ROUS), but I do think they're cute in their own way. I don't like that dragonhawks don't have legs, but the rest of them look ok to me. A lot of the pet models look really outdated, but I have a lot of nostalgia for many of them, so it doesn't bother me too much. I wish the saber worgs weren't so skinny, but I like the general idea of them.

User avatar
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1734
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:02 pm
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)
Gender: Void
Location: Purgatory
Contact:

Re: What pet do you hate(dislike)? Why? (Rare or common)

Unread post by meepitco » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:12 am

Honestly, here's my list/opinions;
Hunched Cats- A few people said this before, but they look "sickly" in form. I love some of the skin colors, and the glowing eyes, but the skeleton for it....eck.

Chimeras- The Skeleton is really...really..really big. And it looks nothing like how I picture s Chimera in history.

Hyenas- I never got myself to bond with one of these. Just never fit.

Corehounds- Said, before, but they're too noisy. I can't camp for something, and have molten-ness sound in the background. I had enough problems with my firelasher because of that.

Beetles- Colorful Turtles with shells, and look like bugs. I'd rather take a turtle.

Shale Spiders- I can't force myself to like these. They look lifeless (said before, and I agree). I tamed one just because I was doing something with friends, and we didn't have a druid (and that one just HAPPENED to be Jadefang)

Gorillas/Monkeys- I have a phobia of these in life, and I cannot stand having one in game. The sounds for the monkey...they haunt me from Lost Isles. Gorillas I don't like because of the phobia.

Now, with the ones I don't like down, I will list the ones I do like,

Turtles- I prefer these over beetles in looks. I've bonded with a classic turtle (Non ancient) before.

Cats(Excluding Hunched)- My main DPS pet. Love these pets. They have nice skin, and the saber model is gorgeous.

Scorpids- I LOVE scorpids. Doesn't matter skin, size, or skeleton, but I love them. My first scorpid was a white classic (non horde version), and I had him as a pal all the way up till level 50, which was when Sian-Rotam became my main buddy.

..Thats all I can think of right now..

Image

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.


Post Reply