List of Rare that are OK to kill for the 25g

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Re: List of Rare that are OK to kill for the 25g

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Personally I have no such list. I don't judge rares by okay-to-kill and not-okay-to-kill. If no one wants it, no one is around, I don't want it, it's as good as mine. If someone is around, or on their way over, or I want it or, in the case of a few MF rares it's too much effort to kill, then it'll be tamed or left alone. There's no glorious whitelist of 'special' pets who get to bask in safety or a list of unlucky 'non-uniques' who are doomed to being slaughtered over and over. I don't judge, but I also don't purposely put together lists and show them to groups of highly-passionate people and essentially say 'this pet you like isn't special enough for me, so I kill it'. That doesn't prompt deep and meaningful debates so much as it just ruffles feathers.

I don't let being 'that guy' eat at me much, because I wait around as long as I reasonably can before I kill anything. I'm not required to go out of my way to rehome something, but I'm not going to shed tears over someone stumbling across a dead rare when I sat with it whispering people for 30 minutes prior. I guess that seems kind of heartless considering I've had the same thing happen to me more than once, but rares in WoW are very largely "if you're not in the right place at the right time, tough luck". I guess I've just adapted to that a little more.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Ok I am huge for someone voicing their opinion and not being called a troll....But dude what you basicly did was equivillant to going on to a womans abuse support forum and writing a titled forum
"Times when its ok to hit a woman" and list things like self defence in life or death situations. Sure your right basicly but your choice of thread is ummm...wrong.
Dr. Rockso
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Dr. Rockso »

Redith wrote:Ok I am huge for someone voicing their opinion and not being called a troll....But dude what you basicly did was equivillant to going on to a womans abuse support forum and writing a titled forum
"Times when its ok to hit a woman" and list things like self defence in life or death situations. Sure your right basicly but your choice of thread is ummm...wrong.

for one taming pets/killing digital pets on a game is alot different from spousal abuse or beating on some one man or woman, very poor choice of example there, and two you saying its wrong is simply your opinion we have people on here that somewhat agree with the thread and some people who somewhat disagree with it
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I have to admit that Spousal Abuse is a bit too serious an example. >.> It's not really like that at all. While people here are indeed passionate, most of them also know it's a game. Spousal abuse, er… isn't. And people know it.

Now, not being so nit-picky (sorry)… While my initial thought of this thread was indeed "RAYGE" it's gotten a little better. I don't agree that there should be a list in general, because everyone has different opinions on the matter. Sure, I may think that killing a common skin is okay, but the next person might not and therefor will not agree with the list. If we were to create an all-agreed-on list, there wouldn't be *any* rare spawns on it because nobody would agree.

However, at the moment, the topic of discussion has veered away from any sort of list. Which may or may not be a good thing. >.>

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Nubhorns wrote:Personally I have no such list. I don't judge rares by okay-to-kill and not-okay-to-kill. If no one wants it, no one is around, I don't want it, it's as good as mine. If someone is around, or on their way over, or I want it or, in the case of a few MF rares it's too much effort to kill, then it'll be tamed or left alone. There's no glorious whitelist of 'special' pets who get to bask in safety or a list of unlucky 'non-uniques' who are doomed to being slaughtered over and over.
I'm pretty much in the same mindset, Nub.

When I'm levelling alts, rares are huge bonuses to find due to the experience they grant. I will often go out of my way to seek out zone rares when questing just to benefit from this. Higher level rares and Spirit Beasts are no different. I'm not going to purposefully slaughter them in front of potential tamers, nor would I kill one if I knew someone was after that one specifically, but I'm not going to overlook the convenient and helpful gold/loot/xp they give. If I'm 85 I'll probably kill the rares that drop loot and gold, but I'd leave the Tear of Loyalty ones alone or try to find someone who wants them if I'm in the mood.

There is no right or wrong answer for this topic though, it's silly to compile a list when everyone's opinions are going to vary on this matter.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Nubs has essentially summed up my thought process.

If I find a rare, I will ask hunters in the zone if they want it. Sometimes, and only sometimes if I'm feeling nice, I'll even check SW. However, if no hunter claims it, then the mob, whether it drops blues or 25 gold, is mine and I will slaughter it if I can. Plain and simple. I found it, thereby, it is mine to do with what I please.

Of course, I'll never interfere with someone else's tame, because that's just rude.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

There are many low-level non-unique rares that I never kill, as low level hunters would have to wait a while to tame the common skins. Example include Big Samras, Lord Condar, Ressan the Needler.
Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Unread post by Samskeyti »

I've never killed anything that gives a tear of loyalty. In fact, the only rares I killed are non-tamable ones, the Sholazar ones for my druid's Frostbitten, and low level rares that respawn fairly fast and aren't that sought after. I wouldn't kill Pogeyan. Making a list is silly and just causes arguments, especially on a forum that highly values tamable rares.
Dr. Rockso
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Samskeyti wrote:I've never killed anything that gives a tear of loyalty. In fact, the only rares I killed are non-tamable ones, the Sholazar ones for my druid's Frostbitten, and low level rares that respawn fairly fast and aren't that sought after. I wouldn't kill Pogeyan. Making a list is silly and just causes arguments, especially on a forum that highly values tamable rares.

its not really silly its just another point of view you have to remember not everyone on this forum has a high value on tamable rares as much as yourself and again you say you dont kill ones that are sought after that's debatable in itself cause i know of alot of hunters that would say that the mobs on that list are not that sought after cause of there common mob counterparts
Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Unread post by Samskeyti »

I still think it's a pointless arguments to start, everyone does as they like and there's so much difference between people that there is no answer or list in the end.
Dr. Rockso
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Samskeyti wrote:I still think it's a pointless arguments to start, everyone does as they like and there's so much difference between people that there is no answer or list in the end.

I didn't really make the list to change the world i just made so people had an idea on what rare mobs have a common counterpart so people can make a little gold off some of those rare spawns that may or may not be that sought after
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Eh, I can see killing rares for achievements/loot. But killing the tear dropping rares... c'mon. The flavor item was put there to discourage that sort of thing. :/

So I respectfully disagree.

And granted, I love my Anthriss and Skitterflame because hey. Anthriss was the first MF rare I really wanted.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Personally I think this list shouldn't exist. It's silly and pointless, especially since so many have varying opinions plus how its worded seems extremely rude, just saying "Oh go tame the common skin instead. you dont need this rare."

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I am displeased with posters being labelled rude simply because the topic is controversial and their opinion is different. "I don't think that word means what you think it means." :)
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Moderator »

Although the topic is legit, the manner in which it is being discussed is not helpful - nor, so far as I can tell, was it ever intended by the original poster to be helpful.