List of Rare that are OK to kill for the 25g

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Dr. Rockso
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

List of Rare that are OK to kill for the 25g

Unread post by Dr. Rockso »

Lets face it there are some rare mobs out there that share a skin with a common mob. Now these rares are ez to kill and drop vendor trash that sells for 25g, and 25g off one mob that is ez to kill is really good when the common amount is like 50s. Here is a list of some of those mobs that you dont have to feel bad about killing cause really if a hunters want to tame it they can go to a diffrent area where this skin is crawling allover the place.

1. Skitterflame (Red Flame Spider)
You want a red spider that looks exsactly like him they are allover the place called Cinderweb Spinners in Widows Clutch. For those who say **aww but hes a challenge tame its not fair for others to kill him** hes also a mob that drops 25g and 25g off one mob is really good and not really fair to get mad at some one for wanting to kill it.

2. Anthriss (Yellow Flame Spider)
Same reason as Skitterflame. if you want a spider like this go to Widows Clutch and tame a Cinderweb Creeper they are allover the place you cant miss them

3. Madexx ( Brown and Black )
again ez 25g off one mob and you cant use the challenge tame defense on this one cause hes not a challenge tame. If you want a Brown Madexx go to Khartut's Tomb in the same zone Uldum and look for Venomscale Spitter, they are allover the place there. As for Black Madexx the same exact model can be found on a common mob in the molten front called Emberspit Scorpion and they are allover the place in the Magma springs.

Now as far as saying **well blizzard made those spiders challenge tames and they are not intended to be killed** if that where true they would make them really really hard to kill or have them drop nothing at all. As far as other rare spawns go they are unique to those skins and the only way a hunter can get that pet so killing it for that 25g is kind of a troll/jerk thing to do.
Gayia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands EU

Re: List of Rare that are OK to kill for the 25g

Unread post by Gayia »

I've killed Terrorpene and Madexx multiple times.
Why?
Because I've seen them million times around.

Whenever I'm in MH or Uldum, NPC goes off and those two are around.
Few months ago I used to ask in general, and whisper hunters in the zone.
Nobody ever responded.

So I'm killing them, as I know they'll be killed few minutes later by anyone else.

With other rares (Loque, Jadefang, Sambas, Skarr, Spiders in Molten Front) - never.
I'm whispering everyone around, and always there is someone willing to tame.

Madexx and Terrorpene - noone ever wanted to tame them, so now when I see them, I kill them without a thought.
Dr. Rockso
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Well i dont kill Terrorspene cause of his unique look and there seems to be some one in the area or in a major city that wants this one.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

I personally disagree with killing any of the high level rares. Anthriss is one of my favourites in Molten Front (the other one being Kirix), even if she's far from unique. Usually if I come across a tameable rare in Northrend or Cata zones, I'll either leave it alone or do my best to find someone looking to tame it, regardless of how common the skin might be. From this forum, I've learned that a lot of people bond with the specific mob, not the skin, and I respect that.

It's a bit different if you're still leveling, of course - rares give tons of XP nowadays. I admit being guilty for killing Sambas because I was so close to 85 and couldn't find anyone to tame him within a reasonable timeframe. But 25g? If you don't know how to kill the Molten Front rares, you'll pay more than that in repair bills from dying to them the first time. As for any low level rares, their respawn times tend to be so low, they usually won't be missed before they're back up again.
Dr. Rockso
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Golden wrote:I personally disagree with killing any of the high level rares. Anthriss is one of my favourites in Molten Front (the other one being Kirix), even if she's far from unique. Usually if I come across a tameable rare in Northrend or Cata zones, I'll either leave it alone or do my best to find someone looking to tame it, regardless of how common the skin might be. From this forum, I've learned that a lot of people bond with the specific mob, not the skin, and I respect that.

It's a bit different if you're still leveling, of course - rares give tons of XP nowadays. I admit being guilty for killing Sambas because I was so close to 85 and couldn't find anyone to tame him within a reasonable timeframe. But 25g? If you don't know how to kill the Molten Front rares, you'll pay more than that in repair bills from dying to them the first time. As for any low level rares, their respawn times tend to be so low, they usually won't be missed before they're back up again.

Skitterflame is very ez to kill he doesn't have them much life same can be said for Anthriss so its an ez 25 g and that's a MF daily right there in the fraction of time
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Golden »

Dr. Rockso wrote:
Golden wrote:I personally disagree with killing any of the high level rares. Anthriss is one of my favourites in Molten Front (the other one being Kirix), even if she's far from unique. Usually if I come across a tameable rare in Northrend or Cata zones, I'll either leave it alone or do my best to find someone looking to tame it, regardless of how common the skin might be. From this forum, I've learned that a lot of people bond with the specific mob, not the skin, and I respect that.

Skitterflame is very ez to kill he doesn't have them much life same can be said for Anthriss so its an ez 25 g and that's a MF daily right there in the fraction of time
I've seen a lot of people fail miserably at Anthriss, even when they had a friend to help. They may lack in health, but for someone who knows nothing of them, they can be deadly.

Edit: But I'm not here to discuss how easy a rare is to kill, nor is the intention of the whole topic, from what I can see.
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

I... I dont know how to start.
Killing rares is NOT okay. No matter how unique that mob is, it is not okay. Now, say a certain hunter wishes to tame Skitterflame. Now, they find Skitterflame up, and then they see someone killing it. Now, that hunter has to face another respawn timer, and maybe more people that wish to kill Skitterflame. Is THAT okay because the person who killed Skitter wanted the 25g? When the hunter who wanted to tame Skitter could've tipped 700, maybe 1000g to tame?

And as golden said, if you don't know how to kill Anthriss, you're gonna get a huge repair bill. A Warrior who was going to kill Anthriss, before I tamed her. After I tamed her, I asked him how big his repair bill is. He responded rudely before telling me. It was over 100g. Now, you really think 25g is worth the 100+ gold repair bill?

Also, I don't know if you're trying to troll or not, but this seriously set off my Scottish temper.

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Dr. Rockso
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

meepitco wrote:I... I dont know how to start.
Killing rares is NOT okay. No matter how unique that mob is, it is not okay. Now, say a certain hunter wishes to tame Skitterflame. Now, they find Skitterflame up, and then they see someone killing it. Now, that hunter has to face another respawn timer, and maybe more people that wish to kill Skitterflame. Is THAT okay because the person who killed Skitter wanted the 25g? When the hunter who wanted to tame Skitter could've tipped 700, maybe 1000g to tame?

And as golden said, if you don't know how to kill Anthriss, you're gonna get a huge repair bill. A Warrior who was going to kill Anthriss, before I tamed her. After I tamed her, I asked him how big his repair bill is. He responded rudely before telling me. It was over 100g. Now, you really think 25g is worth the 100+ gold repair bill?

Also, I don't know if you're trying to troll or not, but this seriously set off my Scottish temper.
how is this trolling? i gave valid reasons on how its ok to kill these.

If that said hunters wants to tame skitterflame they can go Widows Clutch and tame a skitterflame they are allover the place they just go by a different name and after its tames its the same thing as skitter cause its a red lava spider

as far as getting tipped 700g to 1000g to hot kill it i have never seen this or have been offered it
AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by AdamSavage »

meepitco wrote:Also, I don't know if you're trying to troll or not, but this seriously set off my Scottish temper.
Just ignore him, he is looking to get a response out of us and it's working. I say let the mods figure out what to do with this thread..
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Unread post by Zhuge »

Anyone who says its cool to kill tameable rares with the word 'ez' makes me facepalm -.-"

Seriously, even if they share a skin with a million other mobs, its pretty lame to kill them imo - there are some ppl who only tame rares for the challenge! Sheesh, how do you call yourself a hunter when you butcher something special gifted to you by the developers?! And just because no one answers your call for 'come tame so and so', they may turn up like 10 mins after you leave...and if you've killed that mob, then they will need to sit for 6 hours+ waiting for it to spawn again ._.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't like to follow the crowd, so just because someone else will kill the rare mob, I wouldn't consider it :P

'nuff said -.-

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Golden »

AdamSavage wrote:
meepitco wrote:Also, I don't know if you're trying to troll or not, but this seriously set off my Scottish temper.
Just ignore him, he is looking to get a response out of us and it's working. I say let the mods figure out what to do with this thread..
Wow, I actually agree with Adam. Yes, it was probably a mistake to jump in. I blame my recent retirement from the WoW part of the forum, me has grown soft.
Dr. Rockso
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

AdamSavage wrote:

Really?

i gave valid reasons on why its ok to kill these 3 mobs cause of there common mobs that share the same skin and its ok if some people disagree with me i wasn't trying to get negative reactions out of people who disagree with this thread i was just giving people a heads up that may see these mobs that's its not a crime to kill these mobs. Just cause u dont agree with a topic doesn't make it trolling
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

AdamSavage wrote:
Yes yes...I probably should've ignored this thread when I saw it. But I'm hot headded, and blunt at times.

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Unread post by Zhuge »

Golden wrote:
AdamSavage wrote:
Wow, I actually agree with Adam. Yes, it was probably a mistake to jump in. I blame my recent retirement from the WoW part of the forum, me has grown soft.

Check out his spelling :lol: clearly trolling 8-) Sometimes I wonder what sort of kick people get from making such posts, whats entertaining about upsetting someone with the same passions as yourself? :shock: Unless of course he's just a hunter for the dps :| My server is full of them :| Like the hunters who only tame the MF rares to parade them around outside the AH, then switch to a hastily tamed Wolf for raids (often un-named)...

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Dr. Rockso
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Zhuge wrote:Check out his spelling :lol: clearly trolling 8-) Sometimes I wonder what sort of kick people get from making such posts, whats entertaining about upsetting someone with the same passions as yourself? :shock: Unless of course he's just a hunter for the dps :| My server is full of them :| Like the hunters who only tame the MF rares to parade them around outside the AH, then switch to a hastily tamed Wolf for raids (often un-named)...

making a few spelling mistakes makes it trolling? wow
and i wasn't trying to upset anyone, a said what i wanted to say in the post and gave valid reasons behind my opinions
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Golden »

Dr. Rockso wrote:
AdamSavage wrote:

Really?

i gave valid reasons on why its ok to kill these 3 mobs cause of there common mobs that share the same skin and its ok if some people disagree with me i wasn't trying to get negative reactions out of people who disagree with this thread i was just giving people a heads up that may see these mobs that's its not a crime to kill these mobs. Just cause u dont agree with a topic doesn't make it trolling
To be fair, I gave a valid counter-argument to yours, and you ignored it - and it's happened before. If you wish to take part in a discussion, you may want to pay attention to what they say. Not necessarily agree to their points, but simply acknowledge and show that you respect them.

- You state that because there is a common counterpart to a rare spawn's skin, the rare spawn is less valuable
- I state that to some people, it doesn't matter whether or not there is another mob with the same skin, because they want the rare mob, not the skin
- You state that because there is a common counterpart to a rare spawn's skin, the rare spawn is less valuable

See what's wrong? :)
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Zhuge wrote:Anyone who says its cool to kill tameable rares with the word 'ez' makes me facepalm -.-"
This. A thousand times this. It is POSSIBLE I may have considered your point of view, despite personally disagreeing with it, if you had taken the split second to type out the extra two letters needed for the word "easy" Just sayin. Spelling errors happen to all of us (though this forum has spell check) but "ez" is not a spelling error and acutally takes me longer to type than "easy" The disembowelment of the English language with "text and chat" words is a HUGE pet peeve of mine and using them in this context is just plain stupid.

And, on topic.....I disagree. I have a serious soft spot for unwanted rares. Anthriss is my favorite MF spider and having her killed in front of me broke my heart. I know there is another spider that looks like her just over the hill behind where I was camping but its not HER. It is extremely inaccurate to say it's ok simply because there are things that look like them. It sounds like you just like killing em. Fair enough. Stop being disingenuous.
Last edited by Teigan on Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Rockso
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

To be fair, I gave a valid counter-argument to yours, and you ignored it - and it's happened before. If you wish to take part in a discussion, you may want to pay attention to what they say. Not necessarily agree to their points, but simply acknowledge and show that you respect them.

- I state that to some people, it doesn't matter whether or not there is another mob with the same skin, because they want the rare mob, not the skin

See what's wrong? :)

I did acknowledge you by responding to your response to what i have personally seen when it comes to taming or killing these mobs

and now im getting attacked cause i say ez instead of easy? lol yikes
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Dr. Rockso wrote:
You're getting attacked for that because it made an otherwise controversial, blood pressure raising topic just that much more annoying. The ugly, moldy cherry on a lard and dryer lint sundae, so to speak.
Dr. Rockso
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Teigan wrote:
Dr. Rockso wrote:
You're getting attacked for that because it made an otherwise controversial, blood pressure raising topic just that much more annoying. The ugly, moldy cherry on a lard and dryer lint sundae, so to speak.
so simply cause you dont agree with it its ugly and its worth attacking/trolling?