Pets With Appearance Buffs

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
hunter2011
Realm: Cho'gall , Barthilas , frostmourne

Pets With Appearance Buffs

Unread post by hunter2011 »

This pet took 3 people to tame one on quest one to kill and one to tame
Attachments
FEARSPIDER.jpg
FEARSPIDER.jpg (461.81 KiB) Viewed 3187 times
Syriana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Re: Pets With Appearance Buffs

Unread post by Syriana »

Oh nice! Does that stay after death though? :S Which quest was needed for that? I'm curious. I haven't quested much since the shattering so I am unfamiliar with scaring spiders.
Airwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Airwyn »

The quest is one from Western Plaguelands, it takes you to the lumber mill and you have to ride a horse and scare the spiders toward the mill for the npc's to kill or in this case, someone to tame. Quest is here: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=27001

Airwyn on Scarlet Crusade US

Amazing sig made by Ashaine! Thank you!

Fangz
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Greymane

Unread post by Fangz »

can u post a strat on how to tame?
hunter2011

hunter2011

Attachments
spiderx3.jpg
spiderx3.jpg (559.89 KiB) Viewed 3187 times
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

cool, does it persist after death?
hunter2011

Havnt tested if persist after death
Huntard
Realm: Mal'Ganis

Unread post by Huntard »

Can we get a tame guide from the OP instead of linking to an archaic thread? Because I'm doing time kill with tame and thats not working
hunter2011

This is how is is done and still works as of 5 min ago i ,don't use the macro just revive pet.
i have also found that i can not get it to work with a caster killing the pet i have used a dk and a shammy to kill it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBKxLyxqmf0
Huntard

Unread post by Huntard »

Unable to get this sucessfully, have done others before. Willing to pay 3k Malganis Horde for help with this and sucessful tame. I get them to die/revive but none have the buff? advice?
Huntard

Unread post by Huntard »

Note, I've had all results, unable to rezz/tame logout/back in, rezz and normal after death, and runs off crazy aggro w/ no actions on his bar before calming down with no buff
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Yeah. I'd also like to know. Because I've just spent 5 hrs on it with 2 friends, and no success. Not a single spider had it.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
hunter2011

I will do a short movie on the weekend if ppl are on how i did this one wasn't easy i can tell you that lol
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

Usually sense a straight-forward strategy hasn't been posted I will come and post a "Test Strategy" that works with these kinda pets.
First of all, you need to time how long the fear's debuff time is. So for example "9.25 Seconds" that means you need to stack haste to the point to where your tame beast takes ATLEAST 8 seconds from start to finish. (I suggest a buff timer addon that goes into milliseconds) And of course, have a loyal friend kill the pet within the last few milliseconds of Tame Beast. This requires amazing timing. And obviously the one who is riding the horse. Now you will have to spam Revive Pet the whole time. (Revive Pet interrupting your Tame Beast? Re-log and see if that helps, if it doesn't, completely restart WoW) If you did it right, your Spider should disappear as Tame Beast ends and it will cancel and start casting Revive Pet. (Another way to tell is that the pet is the same size, dead, and doesn't "Ding" for a split millisecond between the time of death and Revive Pet.) I don't know if this works for this pet but it works with other "Appearance Buff Pets". I unfortunately do not know if it persist through death, I would assume it wont considering the circumstances of the appearance buff. If it is just make him a "Show-Case" Pet and make all your friends jealous :D Good luck and happy hunting!

Word of Advice: DO >NOT< bring him into Arenas. It will clear the appearance and make him one of a normal spider.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
hunter2011

Lazurianis wrote:First of all, you need to time how long the fear's debuff time is
not true as it is use just before it is killed
Lazurianis wrote:spam Revive Pet the whole time.
You should never spam revive pet will make you fail more then win i only hit it once at the end

This should fill the buff tamers eyes for now :)
No its not the spider still waiting for ppl to log on these where all tamed today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gUqmxcc ... ure=colike
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Thank you very much Hunter2011, I have now obtained both the crab with bottle and the fear-skull spider.

I've named the Crab Ghostcrawler (Since they're both crabs and both DRUNK AT THE JOB. HUR HUR. That's a joke. :p)

The spider, I have called a Skulltula, homage to all the shrieks I have given at randomly appearing Skulltula's with LoZ when I was small.

So yes, as of this date, it still works.

As an extra note, the fear-skull spider loses his fear when he dies! :)

Now that mystery is also solved.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
hunter2011

Qraljar wrote:Thank you very much Hunter2011, I have now obtained both the crab with bottle and the fear-skull spider
GRATS
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Unread post by Lazurianis »

hunter2011 wrote:
Lazurianis wrote:First of all, you need to time how long the fear's debuff time is
You should never spam revive pet will make you fail more then win i only hit it once at the end

No its not the spider still waiting for ppl to log on these where all tamed today

You are incorrect, I am sorry to say. You NEED to find out the debuff timer or you will have no idea how much haste to stack or not to stack, and if you dont spam it, then you will sit out there for hours wasting unessecary time. As my method has been proven to be 90% quicker than most other methods.

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
hunter2011

Lazurianis wrote:
hunter2011 wrote:

You are incorrect, I am sorry to say. You NEED to find out the debuff timer or you will have no idea how much haste to stack or not to stack, and if you dont spam it, then you will sit out there for hours wasting unessecary time. As my method has been proven to be 90% quicker than most other methods.
Why do you need haste my lvl 60 hunter has no haste gear and has the spider. I also have it on both my 85 hunters how many hunter do you have it on have you even tried to tame it , sorry but you have no idea what you are taking about. I am the one that found out how to tame it think i no what i am talking about did you even watch that move hit revive pet once all pets where done in about 1 hr