Favourite Spirit Beast

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

Favourite Spirit Beast

Loque’nahak
48%
Gondria
10%
Skoll
27%
Arcturis
15%

Total votes: 62

bloodysam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scryers!

Re: Favourite Spirit Beast

Unread post by bloodysam »

For me its Loque (when and hopefully i get him) its because his skin is unique then all the others.

Born a lonewolf...choosen to be with pets!
Thanks for the awwsome signature Pooksie!!
Doktaris
Realm: Arathor

Unread post by Doktaris »

I'm a big fan of Arcturis he has something cool and mesterious, untill like a month ago i did not care about spirit beasts untill i met some one that was crazy of them so for fun i dicided to look up some spirit beasts and i found a picture of Arcturis, i liked him so i dicided to join my mate in camping (tho he was in Sholazar and i was in Grizzly hills) and i was bearly camping one houre. i was chatting with my mate and suddenly he pops right in front of me! i was like wow :D
well i tamed him and found him some kind of spirit guide and at the moment i am getting as much as exalted factions as possible and i always had him with me so i dicided to call him "Exalted" :) well hes my favoured spirit beast thats why i foted him :D
me and my mate dicided to get all spirit beasts he has all exept Skoll and i got my second today (Loque'nahak) any1 knows a cool name for him in the same corner as Exalted abit?
Attachments
this is Exalted :)
this is Exalted :)
Seaiayu
Realm: Rivendare Seaiayu lvl 80 , Kâgome lvl 27

Unread post by Seaiayu »

I'm guilty of having all 4 spirit beasts, but i like loque just because she didn't even have to be found for me, and i saved her from a rogue (damn those pesky rogues). i was searching fro the ghost hydra when some rogue said that he'd sell the spirit beast for 500g (i know, taking advantage of hunters :( ) but i found her as i was flying towards the ghost hydra i was after and the rogue dropped down and starting killing the poor thing. i said id pay 600 if he let me tame it (mostly cause i was awestruck by her pretty skin) and he agreed. he let me pay after i tamed it in case another jerk tried to kill him, but i still hate him for exploiting hunters ><. to this day Luna has been my best friend and pet, and I'm glad i saved her ^^ (i have the ghost hydra still too).
Respect the BLADE!

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Seaiayu wrote:but i still hate him for exploiting hunters ><
Yeah, I hate it when that happens. Too bad Blizz can't do anything about it. Maybe they'll do something about rare pet taming next expansion to lower the frustration of jerks who do things like this.

Vorel
Realm: Aggramar

Unread post by Vorel »

As many of others here,judging by the poll so far,am in fond with Loque'nahak.When i learned about the expansion i was in a hurry to get the collector's edition box,i saw Frosty,(the mini/vanity pet which was the gift of the collector edition) and i just decided i wanted him =].Then i saw on Petopia the upcoming news of Loque'nahak.I remember i told to myself "wow this will be cool with Frosty out...".Weeks passed and i was a bit frustrated with my hunt of this elusive beast.My huntress was freshly dinged back then and had no epic flying mount yet,so you can guess that the hunt was a bit hard.So even i was hovering all Sholazar Basin area i still had not a single sight of him (dead or alive).Well they say that hope dies last,aren't they?I was on my daily farming duty with my Druid at SB when i saw at general channel a Paladin saying that he had spot Loque'nahak.I rushed to /w him not to kill him because i want him.He replied back and asked if i want the achievement or to tame him,was my fault i didn't clarify this first so i said no,not to kill but to tame him.I then quick hopped to my Huntress (who was at Nesingwary base camp) and start to fly towards the Paladin,who in the meanwhile was invited me and waited at gorillas' plateau near Frenzyheart Hill.Eventually i got there,i drop a frost trap in my feet (i want to thanks all people for the leap attack info of Loque and how to avoid it) and start the tame.Paladin was standing by my side and healed me when Loque broke up and started hitting me.Well after some hits Loque gave up and stood by my side,wanted then to show my gratitude to this kind Paladin i open the trade window and offered him 600g(that was all the gold i had on my Huntress by that time).He canceled the trade.He said that he didn't want money,since he thought would be better instead kill Loque ask if anyone wanted him first.I was so happy that i finally tamed Loque after a month or so of search,that i repeated my try to give him the gold,he refused again but then when i persisted he accepted to take 500g.After that day Sjach (is the name i gave to Loque'nahak after i tamed him,means shadow at DnD dragons' language) is my trustful ally during quests and raids for the majority of time,i only regret that i was so happy tamed him that i forgot the name of the paladin who helped me,even so he is an example for me that there are many good guys and ladies in the WoW's universe.I apologize for the text wall,and wish you all have fun.

Where many see wild beasts as enemies to be destroyed,I see valuable allies who have simply lost their way...

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Hey now, Arcturis hangs out with stags! It's just a bit more spacious out in Grizzly.

Okay, who'm I kidding? A cat among monkeys is just too silly to be topped. :) The first time I saw Loque, it was from the road and he was milling about amongst the gorillas (not the wasp point, the one in the southeast corner). Not QUITE as breathtaking as my baby Krush at full size, or I would have been smitten then and there, but there was something special in how he stood out from the group, despite being a fairly similar color.

To this day, that remains my favorite Loque spawn point, although I don't believe I've seen him there again since.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: EU-Arathor

Unread post by kairii »

Gondira
I know this is the common of the 4 and not many like him but he is a SPIRIT! he looks like a bloody ghost no?
anyways i hit 76 and ofc found loque while mining [npcscan didnt work] then while questing in the basin i saw some lfg spam for gundrake i didnt see the harm in going i was one kill from 77 :) on my way flying there to go summon i fly over the stairs and something purple in the snow got my eye :/ so i asked my group to hold on for 2 secs while i stabled my pet they didnt mind there was already 2 people at the stone so having to fly all the way to the stable to pop loque in i was already getting a summon and nab me forgot to get epic flying >< so slowly having to fly back just to see /1 spam that gondira was about i was going to cry there was loads of hunters about D: i watched a fail hunter get beating to death by him while another hunter was incoming :x i had to drop i didnt car about my hp at the time even if it dropped to 1k D: trap at my feet i tagged him! but when the other hunter saw me he started to hit gondira >< and the 1st one had already ressed i was 2 secs away from full tame and he was like dead D: after my OMFG look away from computer .... i looked back ... i had him o.o all the people in my group gz'ed me and the other hunters cursed me rather funny ... they still bitch even now

A huge thanks to kamoodle5 for the amazing signature

Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

technically loq isnt a unique model as all his animations are the same as every tiger and his model is slightly edited
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Zangor wrote:technically loq isnt a unique model as all his animations are the same as every tiger and his model is slightly edited
Yes, he is a unique model. Most beasts in game share similar animation structures with others, but they did not just grab a typical cat model and throw some blue markings on it. They completely built a new one. It's based on existing cat forms and animations for standardization, but it is most definitely a unique model.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

My favorite is Skoll. He's bigger than the other worgs with the model and the lightning effect is awesome. He was the one I wanted the most and I finally have him. To me Loque has a funny looking head and tail but he is awesome otherwise.

Another hunter I was with the night before I got Skoll tamed him at exactly Midnight server time at the spawn point by the disk thing. I started camping for him at 2PM the next day and visited all 3 points at the top of every hour which is the most likely time for all rares to spawn. When it was almost 8PM server time, I just got a strong feeling that this would be the one. He was not at the disk point so I headed for the one by the Harpies. I do not use NPCScan but I have a targeting macro that will target a mob and then use the Illidan sound file of "You are not prepared" if a target is established. As I flew up over the frozen waterfall by the harpy point Illidan yelled at me and sure enough there was Skoll standing between the clumps of trees to the north of the frozen lake. As I was swooping down I caught a glimpse of a horde on a windrider flying in. I still don't know if he was a Hunter or not but I wasn't taking any chances. I landed, abandoned my Snake called MontePython and hit tame beast without even dropping a trap. Skoll pounced on top of me and my heart was racing as I watched my health bar and the taming bar. He took about 60% of my health before the tame completed and he moved next to me. I then received emotes from the Hordie applauding me.

Since the German word for lightning is blitz , I named him Blitzenwolf. My guild is a bunch of people who love to joke around and laugh while playing the game so I renamed him WolfBlitzer for fun. I will be renaming him again as soon as I can and I discovered that the Darnassian for lightning is Neph'anis so that will probably be his permanent name.
Vespias
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Vespias »

My fav is Loq - big surprise there - whom I've named Jakuta after some research revealed that is the name of an African fire god.
But this story goes with the taming of Arcturis. Had been camping the beast and was on my third day, not because of the crazy spawn rates, but because of all the other hunters. On this particular day I set up my camp and no other hunters were around. After about 3 hours had passed there were 2 other hunters there camping and a third who would stay a few mins and then fly off to return 5-10 mins later. Now my daughter was watching with mild interest and I asked her to watch for me while I took a bio. As I come out of the bathroom I can hear her talking, saying "that's the way Horde rolls" and "don't get between a hunter and his pet" stuff. As I look at the screen I see Arcturis dead at my toon's feet and she is absolutely beaming at me. "I taught them not to mess with a Horde hunter Pops".
After I return to Dalaran I see posts in trade channel about reporting me so I switch to my alli hunter and get the story. Seems the casual camper flew in just as the bear spawned and laid his trap right next to my daughter's trap and to compound it one of the alliance hunters dropped her trap as well and Arcturis was running from 1 trap to the next with arrows and bullets flying in an attempt to corral him. So my sweet little angel decided that nobody in this greedy bunch would have him so she unloaded on him. Took a great many speeches to sooth these ruffled feathers but sooth I did and in a few hours went back to the site to find this same alliance hunter there. Sure enough the bear spawned and I graciously allowed the crybaby to tame him. Seems that the fact that I was the first hunter to start the camp that day had nothing to do with anything. She was upset because she had the bear in the trap and had started taming when my daughter decided it wasn't going to happen. Even though the hunter make a horde toon to spam trade about me and was greeted by the usual catcalls about it, she persisted in harrassing me. I figured rather than report I would just be the better person.
I logged out at the spot and relogged the next morning before work and there he was and not another hunter in sight. He completed the grand sweep of spirit beasts and has been named Atka.

Agravaine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Agravaine »

Based on looks alone, I would've voted Loq... but since the only one I currently have is Skoll, I voted him.

Whoa, whoa, some of you might be muttering, didn't he say he was staunchly MM? Well, yes, I am... but as I discovered over the holidays, my "PvP" spec worked just fine in heroics. Who knew silencing shot would be so useful? So I had a whole nother spec sheet to play with now that I didn't need the "PvE" spec.

A couple of nights ago I built a BM spec, purely for the fun of taming a couple of exotics. I'm now the happy owner of Snuggie, a fluffy Rhino, and a spirit beast wolf, Skoll. I christened him Zeke, which was what I had named Deathmaw long ago. "Zeke Wolf" = Big Bad Wolf, Disney version.

About the fluffy Rhino -- it was a Brown Lvl 76 Shadowhorn Rhino from Sholazar Basin. At least I thought it was brown. When I hearthed home to Dalaran, it turned grey! This must be that phenomenon I read about (probably on the old forums), that where 2 differently-colored versions of a mob have the same name, it becomes a color changer when tamed. SHHHH!!!!! ;)

About Skoll... I read up on the known spawn points and started patrolling around on an alt. Herbing is a profitable profession for such alts. :) At 12:45 this morning my targeting macro caught him at the northwest spawn point. I hurriedly switched to my hunter -- thank goodness I had him parked at the Bor's Breath location and not the one near Brunhildar Village! Got over, tamed him, done. But wait. Thought I saw someone on a drake mount nearby.

"That's no drake mount..." it was Vyragosa. A hunter guildie who was in the area to take a look at Skoll intercepted her and got the kill.

Gonna have to edit my info I guess... had to turn Zarakh and my Dire Raven loose. Gone but not forgotten! Till they give us more stable slots, then.

Edit: much as I loved the fluffy rhino, I had to cut him loose as I already have a thunderstomping tenacity pet (Gezzarak). I needed a cunning pet... so I checked out Terokkarantula, but she shrank to the standard spider size. Checking out the exotics in the Cunning group, I didn't fancy a Silithid... but Nuramoc looked cool. Flying over to Netherstorm, I found him in the patrol route he does in the middle south. Pulling him took him to half health! Other than that, taming him was no problem.
Last edited by Agravaine on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altheaus
Realm: Lightnings blade

Unread post by Altheaus »

This was something I wote for my guilds website to do with my best memory in WoW and also coinsides with my fav spirit beast.. hope you enjoy the story as much as my guildies liked it ^^

The taming of Loque’nahak.

Now this hunt began after I hit 80 as i did not want to go anywhere near Sholazar basin till it was the last thing on my to do list. After having read all the guides and watched the vid on Bigredkittys website for the umpteenth time I decided it was time to begin the hunt, and being the full of myself hunter I am, I thought it was gonna be a breeze, after all I knew by heart all the spawn locations, so how hard could it really be!
How wrong I was.. after the first day spending a little time doing the Qs and looking for that elusive spirit beast, nothing, not a sniff, 8 hours and not even a snigger from him. Much to the hilarity of a certain Guild Master!
A new day dawned and another day spent looking for the most difficult pet in the game to tame and......

I FOUND HIM!

........ only to see that a troll DK was laying the final blow to Loque’nahak's life! and low was my absolute hatred of trolls born, oh how I have enjoyed each time I kill a troll since that day, each one of them paying for the day my beloved beast was taken from me!

As time was going by I was spending longer and longer looking for him, including one marathon 18 hr camp (again our "beloved" GM laughing away) and with hope dieing fast my dream of my own spirit beast was ending, and with it my heart was sinking lower and lower, but still I was determined to tame him.....

3 weeks have now passed and still I had not seen this soon to be the bane of my WoW life, since the first time ( in fact I got fast flying and the time-lost drake was given to me on my birthday in that time), and with a heavy heart I logged into WoW and began the route around Sholazar

OMG

THERE HE IS

My heart was quite literally in my throat, it was beating so hard I thought it was going to jump right out on to my keyboard there and then, and after getting over the initial shock I released my throwaway pet ( I had tamed Pitch for this very purpose), layed my trap and began to tame.

Now I would like to point out at this moment that all of you with hunters will know, that the tame process doesn't take that long, but let me tell you dear reader, it felt like an eternity. Between the fear I would be discovered at any moment by any number of the horde that populate our server and a rival hunter that might kill Loque’nahak out of pure spite, I was pulling my teeth out BEGGING the timer to end.

and then

HES MINE HES MINE ( I was on vent and quite literally screaming like a 16 year old girl at a take that concert.... apparently)

The feeling was unbelievable, no feeling in WoW has ever beaten this moment no matter how many final boss take downs I am part of or hard achievements I have completed ... the hunt was over.... Loque’nahak was mine.... I was shaking in disbelief that the moment had finally come and gone in the blink of an eye and I would no longer have to tour Sholazar ever again for him..

But let me end this with a tale of karma, after all that effort I had put in to tame the most difficult pet in the game to find, a surprise awaited me in storm peaks 3 days later.....

The Time-Lost Proto drake

A guild first (no one at this point had a Proto) and I wasn't even looking for him but I felt it was a well deserved reward for the monumental effort I put in to taming Loque’nahak.

I have now tracked down and tamed every spirit beast in game with relative ease (Gondria aka STI cat took 3 days and Skoll took only 2 with Alliance first tame as well) and I will guarantee the first place I will be when 3.3 drops is in grizzly hills looking for the new one

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed the ride like I did at the time.. see you in game

(Many Trolls were harmed in the making of this post. Mourn them not, they all deserve it)
Talody
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Talody »

Even though I leveled as a BM hunter, I never had much interest in any exotic pet. I wanted those 4 extra skill points for my beloved ghost saber, Schrödinger. I tried some of the exotics. There was ColdDish, the Devilsaur, and Leto the worm, but they never "clicked" with me. They were fun to quest with for awhile, but I always returned them to their home and brought Schrödinger back out.

I saw spirit beasts around, thought Loque looked neat, but he didn't grab my attention enough to make me want to camp for days and compete with other hunters for the tame. Same with the other spirit beasts. Loved to look at them, but it was never enough to make me want to hunt one down.

Then I read about Arcturis. "IT'S A BEAR DRUID!!!" It looks like a bear druid, can prowl like a druid, and has moonfire! My own pet druid!! :D

So, the day I hit 74 I loaded up _NPCScan, grabbed a good book and hit Amberpine lodge. I parked myself in the middle of his spawn zone and waited. . .and waited. . .and waited. 8 hours of waiting before NPCScan alarmed and scared the life outta me. Fortunatly there was nobody else around, and the tame was easy, making me one very happy huntress, :D

Dragons!
Jandos of <Petopians>
with
Truffle and Glasgow

Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Kikanu »

Arcturis

I love the fact it's a bear that acts like a druid; Shadowmeld and Moonfire. I logged on one day, and BAM; ghost bear butt in my face. Being that I'm a Draenai, the tame beast animation made it look like I was sticking my hand in its pooper lol.

Friend had a less delightful experience. He was half done taming Arc, then a fellow Alliance hunter comes over, Distracting shots and arcane shots, dealing a messload of damage and aggro, and counter tames it. In all fairness, I had to kill it because it would've been a waste to let a thief tame it. Felt bad, and my friend has to wait another eternity for it to respawn.
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Bikutandabis
Realm: Nazgrel, (US), Lightbringer (EU)

Unread post by Bikutandabis »

I have both Loque’nahak and Gondria.
I was very lucky in that I found Gondria with a minimal "camping" time. I had read that Gondria will usually spawn where ever the icebears gather, so that's where I hung out, while hunting and skinning. I had Gondria on the second day.
Now, Loque’nahak was another matter. I spent hours and hours looking. Just a few weeks ago, I was running my leather/skinning/rhino meat route, when a kindly person announced that Loque’nahak was in site. I was invited to group, and flew to the guy. I still had a pet, a pet I was just messing with, abandoned him, dropped a trap, and I am out of range. No worries, I ran, cast tame-beast and luckily made the tame.
Of all the Spirit Beasts, I prefer Loque’nahak as it is not a see-through pet. This pet is the only one of the group that does not look ghostly, like a "spirit", but has the look I like.
Bikutanda aka Birdienumnum, Bikutandabis
US Nazgrel
EU Lightbringer
Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

Stunningly enough after the disaster that was my attempt at taming King Krush and subsequent capture of Loque'nahak seven hours afterwards, the kitty is not my Spirit Beast of choice.

Mine is actually Skoll, simply because I appear to be romantically easy to please when it comes to electric blue skins that crackle with shiny lightning. My problem with keeping "Maugrim" as I had named him was the fact I already had two spirit beasts (Gondria (Demeter) & Skoll (Maugrim)) and was being pressured to release one of them by several unnamed unsavoury folks (thankfully who have since left my guild) who had an issue with me using BM as a raid spec. Sadly in the end, both Demeter and Maugrim ended up being released back into the wild in the exact locations I found them.

Loque is the only spirit beast I have on my main huntress, and I am a feverant defender of him. It also helps when half my guild has their ingame sound on and he lets loose with that killer, melt-my-heart roar of his. I have been /slap'd ingame more times than I can count for that XD