Smallest pet?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
FistOfThorns
Realm: Darkspear

Smallest pet?

Unread post by FistOfThorns »

What is the smallest pet in the game? Is it a seagull? Ive heard that there is a spider that gets really small when you tame it as well.

Thanks!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Smallest pet?

Unread post by Vephriel »

I think I'd agree that seagulls are probably the smallest.

The 'spiky' spider models, such as the ones found on Bloodmyst Isle, do get fairly small after taming. Demon dogs are another tiny pet, but overall I believe seagulls win.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I'll add that monkeys (not gorillas) are also very small, but yes, I believe seagulls take the cake.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

The corpse scarab from Naxx used to be super tiny. Pictures here. This has long since been fixed.

Currently seagulls are probably the smallest pet, and the demon model dogs look way undersized when tamed.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

FistOfThorns
Realm: Darkspear

Unread post by FistOfThorns »

Ya the Naxx bug is the one I was thinking of. Thanks for the info!
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Ghostcrawler is also really really small.* I personally wish that the seagulls were a bit larger :(

* I am insinuating nothing by this. :lol:
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I love the size of the seagulls. There are so many humongous pets, it's nice to have a tiny one.
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BKnight35
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by BKnight35 »

Not to forget the glyph that can make your pet slightly smaller too...
Actaeon, on Argent Dawn
My Pet Blog
Fortune Favors the Bold
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

lol running several randoms after getting the tol barard seagull on my lowbie hunter, groups kept asking me where I got my vanity pet from and why I didnt have a hunter pet out...I had to make a macro in the end so i didnt have to keep typing out that that seagull WAS my hunter pet, not a vanity pet. lol.

Definitly one of my favourite pets, despite me prefering my pets bigger. They just have so much personality, and the "trick" they do is funny!
(incidently its also the /mountspecial of druid flight forms as well)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Kiadajthebeast

Rodents, Seagull, Monkey, Grubs

Unread post by Kiadajthebeast »

Rodents!! Rodents are -really- small too. Kinda about the size of a small dog. The seagull and rodent options are the smallest. I got mine in legion, it is the marsupial (Marsuul). Mine is black and green. It is a very cute pet and dashes around in circles like it is chasing a butterfly of something. It's inconspicuous though if you wanted to go more stealth.

Side note: the monkeys are pretty small. Keep in mind how much noise the critter makes though, marsuul's are really quiet, I think the monkeys are kinds noisy.
Additional side note: Grubs are fairly small.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: Rodents, Seagull, Monkey, Grubs

Unread post by worgpower »

Kiadajthebeast wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:59 pm Rodents!! Rodents are -really- small too. Kinda about the size of a small dog. The seagull and rodent options are the smallest. I got mine in legion, it is the marsupial (Marsuul). Mine is black and green. It is a very cute pet and dashes around in circles like it is chasing a butterfly of something. It's inconspicuous though if you wanted to go more stealth.

Side note: the monkeys are pretty small. Keep in mind how much noise the critter makes though, marsuul's are really quiet, I think the monkeys are kinds noisy.
Additional side note: Grubs are fairly small.
I think there were toads that go very tiny and it might have been fixed, porcupines are actually smaller than marsuuls, darkhounds are much bigger than they used to, the old models were much smaller than the new ones, aqir wasps and bees are also pretty small, and before patch 8.1, the juvenile thumpknuckles used to be monkeys, after I tamed one, they ended up really huge and were in the gorilla family, I was sad that I lost my pet giant monkey to a gorilla, it’s memory will stay with me forever
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

There is also a bug that to my knowledge still works (as one of my pets is effected by this bug).
There is a quest in Northrend for Horde, Borean Tundra, that has you shrink mammoths.
Start shrinking the Mammoth, then mid shrink, switch to targeting your pet (or yourself).
Your new target will be a bit smaller, but also engulfed in ruby flames.
This effect will vanish upon death though.

Siggy under construction!

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

https://www.wow-petopia.com/npc.php?id=126894

The Pit Snake in Vol'dun is still abnormally small. Smaller then it's mini pet counter part! Mini pet on the left, actual pet on the right.
Attachments
tinysnek.png
tinysnek.png (1.62 MiB) Viewed 11645 times

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Aleu wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:06 pm https://www.wow-petopia.com/npc.php?id=126894

The Pit Snake in Vol'dun is still abnormally small. Smaller then it's mini pet counter part! Mini pet on the left, actual pet on the right.
I’ve tamed one myself, they are so adorable, I’ve never been adored by a serpent pet until now, I can gank low level players as a tiny snake, they won’t see my snake coming and biting them to death
Lemonsniffer

Unread post by Lemonsniffer »

Hey guys, I know this is a really old thread, but i was looking for new tiny pets, and was surprised to not see this guy mentioned here. These toads can be found in the swamp south of hellfire citadel in Tanaan Jungle. The one on the right has a Glyph of lesser proportion on it, its hard to tell, but it is slightly smaller than the AC pet. I also included a battle pet for scale :) https://imgur.com/a/0axxl0l Image I have no idea how to attach an img to the post, sorry.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh wow, I thought they were fixed. I guess not! Thanks for your post :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

They WERE fixed, which is odd. Good to see they're unfixed!
WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by WildcatTM »

Bowno wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:43 pm There is also a bug that to my knowledge still works (as one of my pets is effected by this bug).
There is a quest in Northrend for Horde, Borean Tundra, that has you shrink mammoths.
Start shrinking the Mammoth, then mid shrink, switch to targeting your pet (or yourself).
Anyone remembered the ban name of that quest? I miss these glitch tames.

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Bowno »

WildcatTM wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:26 am
Bowno wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:43 pm There is also a bug that to my knowledge still works (as one of my pets is effected by this bug).
Anyone remembered the ban name of that quest? I miss these glitch tames.
Should be the 'The Invasion of Gammoth'. The starting parts of the quest will have you gather the Bloodpettle spores, which is what is being used to shrink the monsters (and has the name of it in the debuff that you will be trying to apply to yourself and/or your pet/friends to shrink them.)
I dunno if it still works. I havent had a sub for a while.

Siggy under construction!